The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

hehe I'm making nearly everything for ours :) only thing I'm not allowed to have a say in is his suit :)

Have just started making my dress :)

Wow! :thumbup: Thats pretty impressive, always wished I was that crafty - I like to have a go, but generally end up cross and frustrated! My BFF made my wedding dress - was knee length, not a full on wedding dress, but stunning with beautiful fabric. Its really special to me because it was so personal.

Finally Im days away from O,:cloud9: love the next few days - only time in the cycle you can do something about influencing the outcome:winkwink: - the rest of the month its just pointless obssessing and symptoms spotting.

Garden of Edens, FF says you cant predict whether you will get a BFP from temp patterns until right at the end of the cycle. Remember, at 10DPO bean may have only just implanted (I think?) so theres almost no way they could see it on USS or it would make a difference to temps until bean starts making lots of HCG. It is so annoying, Ive convinced myself Im pregnant every month so far. Im going to try to not think about symptoms when this 2WW comes:rofl:

Should really get back to study!

I have a new obsession. I am currently horribly obsessed with my chart. I just stare at it for minutes at a time... as if something will suddenly change and tell me more than I know. It's utterly ridiculous! Ahh!

But seriously, my chart looks so *erratic* to me... what does that mean? My temps seem so irregular. Haha, I am such a worrier.

@Edens - Oh! Your husband goes in next week. That's exciting, I bet. Maybe you'll have a better idea, or a plan, by Christmas. :)

Yeah... my wedding was enormous. I wanted it to be just a tiny handful of people. My idea list was 12 people, and that was pushing it for me. I was overridden by his family. But! I am SUPER EXCITED because we're doing a tiny little vow renewal on the 20th, with just us & our two closest friends & kids. It's going to be small and beautiful. So I get my 'wedding' in the end! :)

@babydreamer - I know, I know! I shouldn't lose hope but I just don't feel it this month, lol. My temp shot up to 98.2 this morning when I first took it which was unexpected so I took it again right afterward and it was 97.8. WEIRD. Must have been something screwy with the thermometer so we'll see what tomorrow's temp is, lol.

@Ginger - I completely know what you mean about staring at your chart for long periods of time. I've done the same thing. My temps follow such a similar pattern each cycle that I can predict the following day's temperature even, haha. That's great you guys are renewing your vows. How long have you been together? I'd love to do something similar at some point in the future.

How long did it take for everyone's cycle to return?

Sorry this is so short. I'm posting from my phone!

I had a cycle every 29-34 days the last year I was on Mirena so it returned immediately after removal. IUD came out 3/4/11, removal bleed from 3/5-3/9 and af arrived on schedule on 3/15/11.

6 months for first period after removal and still only one every 2 months :(

I had a period all the way through having the mirena in, so just carried on after a withdrawal bleed, by the 2nd month its been 25-28 day cycles

Yikes! Ok. It appears that times are really variable.

I was having some other cervical issues (CIN II) so there were a lot of people up in there over the last few months. The docs made a few comments about my "cycle" and asked me if I cycled like normal because of my cervical mucus. Apparently there was a lot? IDK. Anyway, I never had a period on Mirena. From time to time I would spot, but that was random and didn't seem to have a pattern.

I feel like I need to sit around and voo doo my ovaries to get them started.

Come on ovaries!

I have a new obsession. I am currently horribly obsessed with my chart. I just stare at it for minutes at a time... as if something will suddenly change and tell me more than I know. It's utterly ridiculous! Ahh!

But seriously, my chart looks so *erratic* to me... what does that mean? My temps seem so irregular. Haha, I am such a worrier.

Ah! Me too! I'm so annoyed after I put in my temp, because then I have to wait a whole 24 hours before I can put in a new temp and see if it makes a difference. And about the erratic temps- they only seem erratic during AF... and I think that's normal. After AF, they mellow out (all 3 of them :rofl:) and I think you'll see a clear pattern emerging!

How long did it take for everyone's cycle to return?

Sorry this is so short. I'm posting from my phone!

Hasn't yet. I'm 2 weeks post removal (wow.. only 2 weeks??? Feels more like 2 months!!)

I feel like I need to sit around and voo doo my ovaries to get them started.

Come on ovaries!

:rofl:

@Babyo - I didn't get af for 5 years with Mirena. It was removed 11/1. I had a couple of hours of *extremely* light brown spotting on 11/11, but nothing else at all, even withdrawal bleeding. I started the first post removal af on 12/5.

@Panda - OMG I do the same thing. Come on 6:15am, so I can temp again dang it! I am so impatient I can barely contain myself. If it weren't for the distraction of the Holidays coming up, I'd be a mess of obsession. o_O

@purple: Me too!! I had mine out on 12/5, so it hasn't quite been two weeks. I guess I thought the removal of the hormones would, I don't know, make my ovaries do something?

I haven't taken any temps yet. I'm convinced I would sit around and obsess over it and freak myself out. All my friends swore by OPKs so that's all I'm doing. I figure the less I have to obsess over, the better.

Ya'll are going to have to tell me to stop being so impatient! lol The original plan was to start TTC in April after the wedding and go ahead and get the Mirena out early so my cycle could return and be normal. Plan A clearly went out the window but I need to get it through my head that it's not the end of the world if this takes me 6 months.

Plus my wedding dress is slim fit, so yeah...it needs to fit!! Here's a pic of it! I know I wouldn't have a bump or anything by April, but my boobs would still have to fit in there and it's snug already!

OMG that dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!

I'm fed up with OPKs, personally. I feel like surely I should have seen a + by now??? I think they're broken. All 3 brands I've tried.

Yeah, I might be a wee bit obsessive, too....

Me too! I've used one every morning and nothing! I thought surely I'd have gotten one by now. I feel like if my cycle would be here a month after removal then I should O sometime very soon (like now).

Maybe my OPKs are broken too! Haha what brand are you using? I'm using the target brand. They were the cheapest and had like 20 in the box.

That dress is soooo pretty @BabyO! Good pick!

I got the cheap opks from Amazon. Today I got my first very faint line, so I am hoping *maybe* I am gearing up for ov. Hopehopehope. But you know. Mine are probably broken too. ;)

And checking cm several times a day and obsessing over that is my newest obsessive hobby. I have never spent so much time in my life thinking about and analyzing bodily fluids... O_O

I GOT MY :bfp:

9th cycle trying, 12dpo, zero symptoms, temp spiked yesterday and stayed elevated this morning so I tested and it showed up immediately!!! SO SO SO excited!!

I couldn't even breathe I was freaking out so badly and my hands were shaking like crazy!! I haven't told OH yet but I'm super excited to!!

In preparation, months ago I bought a t-shirt that says "am I glowing yet?" across the chest and another one that says "World's Greatest DADDY" so I'm wearing my glowing t-shirt and have a box wrapped and ready to give to him with his t-shirt and both positive pregnancy tests (I took three of course just to be sure - FRER, ClearBlue Digital, and IC - lol) and two pairs of infant socks - one for a boy and one for a girl. And I also bought him a book called The Expectant Father :)

ooooo CM. I guess I should at least read up on it and check mine out. I bought some Preseed to use when I finally get a positive OPK reading in the hopes that it would make me less obsessive over what my CM is like.

How much about the OPKs do you share with your hubbies? My FDH didn't want to know when mine was positive. He just wants me to attack him when he walks through the door. :thumbup:

I hope hope hope hope that I O before the holidays. We will be traveling Christmas weekend and then we will have my future step son with us the next week and he has a habit of coming to get in bed with his Dad when he wakes up in the night. The thought of trying to :sex: with a 5yo in the room next to me kind of freaks me out. The last thing I want is for him to accidentally walk in or something. :oops:

9th cycle trying, 12dpo, zero symptoms, temp spiked yesterday and stayed elevated this morning so I tested and it showed up immediately!!! SO SO SO excited!!

I couldn't even breathe I was freaking out so badly and my hands were shaking like crazy!! I haven't told OH yet but I'm super excited to!!

In preparation, months ago I bought a t-shirt that says "am I glowing yet?" across the chest and another one that says "World's Greatest DADDY" so I'm wearing my glowing t-shirt and have a box wrapped and ready to give to him with his t-shirt and both positive pregnancy tests (I took three of course just to be sure - FRER, ClearBlue Digital, and IC - lol) and two pairs of infant socks - one for a boy and one for a girl. And I also bought him a book called The Expectant Father :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations Eden XXXXXXX

Soo pleased for you :) Heres wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :hug:

Congratulations gardenofedens! That is fantastic news - a whole new lot of things to obsess about! You were very organised with the t-shirts - you must let us know how OH reacts. You must be so excited. Good luck!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->