The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

@purple: Me too!! I had mine out on 12/5, so it hasn't quite been two weeks. I guess I thought the removal of the hormones would, I don't know, make my ovaries do something?

I haven't taken any temps yet. I'm convinced I would sit around and obsess over it and freak myself out. All my friends swore by OPKs so that's all I'm doing. I figure the less I have to obsess over, the better.

Ya'll are going to have to tell me to stop being so impatient! lol The original plan was to start TTC in April after the wedding and go ahead and get the Mirena out early so my cycle could return and be normal. Plan A clearly went out the window but I need to get it through my head that it's not the end of the world if this takes me 6 months.

The dress is stunning, I often dont like other people's dresses as I find the beading/jewels too OTT, but yours is absolutely beautiful. It would be a shame not to fit into it!

I GOT MY :bfp:

9th cycle trying, 12dpo, zero symptoms, temp spiked yesterday and stayed elevated this morning so I tested and it showed up immediately!!! SO SO SO excited!!

I couldn't even breathe I was freaking out so badly and my hands were shaking like crazy!! I haven't told OH yet but I'm super excited to!!

In preparation, months ago I bought a t-shirt that says "am I glowing yet?" across the chest and another one that says "World's Greatest DADDY" so I'm wearing my glowing t-shirt and have a box wrapped and ready to give to him with his t-shirt and both positive pregnancy tests (I took three of course just to be sure - FRER, ClearBlue Digital, and IC - lol) and two pairs of infant socks - one for a boy and one for a girl. And I also bought him a book called The Expectant Father :)

OMGOMGOMG!!!! That's SO AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

Funnily enough... I was thinking the other day when you were saying there was no way you'd get yours this month, that I bet you're already pregnant. I'm so glad my silly little thought was right. I'm so so happy for you. :D

Me too! I've used one every morning and nothing! I thought surely I'd have gotten one by now. I feel like if my cycle would be here a month after removal then I should O sometime very soon (like now).

Maybe my OPKs are broken too! Haha what brand are you using? I'm using the target brand. They were the cheapest and had like 20 in the box.

Quick response to this (on my way out the door to work) - I read just the other day that the best time for opk is afternoon/evening, like 2-4 pm. So I switched... Still nothing yet but fxd!

I GOT MY :bfp:

9th cycle trying, 12dpo, zero symptoms, temp spiked yesterday and stayed elevated this morning so I tested and it showed up immediately!!! SO SO SO excited!!

I couldn't even breathe I was freaking out so badly and my hands were shaking like crazy!! I haven't told OH yet but I'm super excited to!!

In preparation, months ago I bought a t-shirt that says "am I glowing yet?" across the chest and another one that says "World's Greatest DADDY" so I'm wearing my glowing t-shirt and have a box wrapped and ready to give to him with his t-shirt and both positive pregnancy tests (I took three of course just to be sure - FRER, ClearBlue Digital, and IC - lol) and two pairs of infant socks - one for a boy and one for a girl. And I also bought him a book called The Expectant Father :)

I am so so so excited for you!!!!!!! Post a pic of the :bfp: and let us know how it goes telling oh. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Quick response to this (on my way out the door to work) - I read just the other day that the best time for opk is afternoon/evening, like 2-4 pm. So I switched... Still nothing yet but fxd!

I'll start trying this afternoon then and see if that changes anything. Until then, I'll be making up ovary incantations. lol For whatever reason I'm convinced that the right ovary is the one with the egg this time around. ha! (I may also be convinced that I'm nuts!)

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cc36b3127ccefeb7d59497e500000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

To announce it to my DH, I had a t-shirt made by CustomizedGirl that said World's Greatest Daddy as well as two pairs of infant socks (one for a boy and one for a girl) wrapped up in a box. Under the t-shirt, I had two pregnancy tests - one FRER and one ClearBlue that said Pregnant. I also wore another t-shirt I bought from CustomizedGirl that said 'am i glowing yet?' under a zip-up sweater which I unzipped when he saw the tests.

Here's his reaction (excuse my hesitation in the beginning - I seriously debated on waiting until Christmas to tell him!):
https://youtu.be/2yuMIKaj6ZY

Then we went to my mom's and played everything nonchalant-like, decorating cookies, enjoying dinner, etc. until an hour or two later I again unzipped my sweater and waited for her to notice. She glanced at it, went back to her cookie, shot back up and really read it and then said "OMG, are you f***ing serious!?", jumped up and gave me a hug while crying! lol

OMG what a perfect reaction :)

The look on his face when he sees the tests is so beautiful!!! :)

Well done again! His reaction is lovely, you must keep this vid to show your little bean when he's bigger!

Love the vid. I thought it was hilarious how he thought it was just cute presents at first... then the look on his face when he realized what was happening... I got chills. How exciting!!

Amazing news GardenofEdens, your write up had me in tears so I dont think I can handle the video!!

Really wonderful news :hugs:

WOW! GARDENS!!!!! SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU!:yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
Happy and healthy 9 months to you hun!

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cc36b3127ccefeb7d59497e500000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

To announce it to my DH, I had a t-shirt made by CustomizedGirl that said World's Greatest Daddy as well as two pairs of infant socks (one for a boy and one for a girl) wrapped up in a box. Under the t-shirt, I had two pregnancy tests - one FRER and one ClearBlue that said Pregnant. I also wore another t-shirt I bought from CustomizedGirl that said 'am i glowing yet?' under a zip-up sweater which I unzipped when he saw the tests.

Here's his reaction (excuse my hesitation in the beginning - I seriously debated on waiting until Christmas to tell him!):
https://youtu.be/2yuMIKaj6ZY

Then we went to my mom's and played everything nonchalant-like, decorating cookies, enjoying dinner, etc. until an hour or two later I again unzipped my sweater and waited for her to notice. She glanced at it, went back to her cookie, shot back up and really read it and then said "OMG, are you f***ing serious!?", jumped up and gave me a hug while crying! lol

Dude, I'm seriously tearing up. That video was so touching! The way you unveiled your pregnancy was so creative! I love the shirt idea. You two seem like an awesome couple, and will make great parents. Mazel tov!

@Edens - My partner and I both watched the video, and I totally actually cried. My partner got Very Very Smiley, which for him is almost like crying. He's pretty darned stoic. Wow. Your husband's reaction is just incredible. I am so happy for you! :D

Hey so guys? I need your opinions/help.

Fertility friend says I ovulated on Friday. I don't think I did. I could be wrong, as I am no expert here. But I didn't have any cm changes at all. And I had negative opks all last week. I haven't gotten a positive one yet. I had a very faint shadowy line on Sat, a little darker on Sun... but on Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri last week? Nothing at all!

What do you think? I am assuming it's basing this on my temps. Could I have oved on Friday? I mean I know its possible... but is it likely? I'm so confused! My chart is linked in my sig.

Thanks for any insight or help you might have!

Congratulations Garden! I have been waiting for your exciting news! 32 weeks for us already!

Ginger- That looks like a good and proper temperature spike to me, and it seems pretty right-on with timing too... are you taking your OPKs first thing in the morning? Once a day? Some people have really short LH surges and CAN miss it completely if they only test once a day (I know, one more thing to obsess over, right??). Was there anything different about those days when you had higher temps- like, did you temp later than normal, or were you sick or not sleeping well?

Calasen- So sorry. :( :hugs:

afm..... FINALLY got a + opk!!!!! I was in shock. And incredibly excited. AND we already had a donation lined up for that day (last one before going out of town), so the timing was perfect! Now to settle in for the dreaded 2WW. I'm having the hardest time not just assuming I'm pg already. Honestly, I think I'm most excited that my body is still doing regular cycles... I was getting awfully discouraged with all the neg OPKs. But at least I know where I am in my cycle now! What a relief!

:xmas12::dust: to all!

Ginger- That looks like a good and proper temperature spike to me, and it seems pretty right-on with timing too... are you taking your OPKs first thing in the morning? Once a day? Some people have really short LH surges and CAN miss it completely if they only test once a day (I know, one more thing to obsess over, right??). Was there anything different about those days when you had higher temps- like, did you temp later than normal, or were you sick or not sleeping well?

Calasen- So sorry. :( :hugs:

afm..... FINALLY got a + opk!!!!! I was in shock. And incredibly excited. AND we already had a donation lined up for that day (last one before going out of town), so the timing was perfect! Now to settle in for the dreaded 2WW. I'm having the hardest time not just assuming I'm pg already. Honestly, I think I'm most excited that my body is still doing regular cycles... I was getting awfully discouraged with all the neg OPKs. But at least I know where I am in my cycle now! What a relief!

:xmas12::dust: to all!

@Panda - I'd been using the OPKs twice per day - the first one around 1-2:00pm, and the second around 8-9:00pm.

I temp at 6:15am *sharp* every single morning, scrupulously. I set my alarm... and if I don't stir quickly enough to grab the thermometer, my partner is shoving it in my mouth before I can move. :)

I had been staying at my other house (we rent an apartment, and have a house we bought as well. I kind of 'live' at both for now, until the house is finished and I feel like I can move in without the undue stress of working on it at the same time as living in it. I am generally at the apartment, but spent the weekend + Monday at the house this week), for all of those days... but still temping at the same time. I don't think that could have any bearing on things... could it? o_O

I honestly kind of hope I DIDN'T ov yet, cause I never had any cm changes at all. And I check that several times per day. You know. Cause I'm an obsessive obsessor from obsessivesville. I'm the freaking *mayor* of obsessivesville in fact. AND! I didn't bd on Friday. I did on Thursday night, and Saturday night... but not on Friday. So I'll be all obsessive about that until I either get a bfp, +opk, or af.

Thanks for your insight. It's much appreciated. :)

And WOOO for +opk! YAY! Fingers crossed so hard for you!

@Calasen - I'm really sorry... hugs. But I hope you aren't feeling like *you're* a failure. You're not. It sucks and it's frustrating and sad that it's been so long for you... but you are NOT a failure. Reallyreally. Promise. More hugs!

Ginger---I'm no help at all. But now I'm thinking perhaps I should be temping.

Calasen---I'm so sorry hun. :hugs:

Panda---woo for a + opk. None for me yet. :cry: I'm still wondering if my ovaries are broken. Now that the semester is over for both of us our new goal is to just relax in a routine of having sex every other day. I'm going to keep faithfully using my opks through the end of the year and then stop until AF shows up. I really hope nothing is broken. lol Good luck with your 2WW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->