The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Ive been reading through the posts. I just removed my Mirena May 5th 2011. Last cycle we bd two days before OPK was + and the day of. I got my period June 11th. I am almost done now, just the last two days. I read on here about soy? That it helps OV? And that B-6 is bad? Has anyone else heard of this or know much about it? Im 34 (almost 35) and were TTC asap because of age and because we may want two more. Also, the monthly roller-coaster drives me nuts! :)

K_Anchondo
I read a lot about b-complex and read it was supposed to be good. I started taking it the beginning of May and got my bfp May 25th, also after I started taking it I felt really good like my body was starting to get back to normal after my mirena removal. After I got my mirena removed in February I had been feeling like my body was so messed up, so thought I'd give the b-complex a try. My pregnancy wound up being ectopic but had nothing to do with the b-complex, I'd suggest doing some reading, I found a lot of information on it. Good luck!

Thanks! Im just worried. I hear so many bad things about TTC after Mirena. Maybe Im just freaking myself out. This is my first real period after removal, and its basically exactly the same. I wish I had known that there was so many issues with the implant, I might not have gotten it.

Well, anyways, here's hoping to good news soon! :thumbup:

Yeah I understand the worry for sure; unfortunately for me it turned out bad, but who knows if that even had anything to do with the mirena. There are also tons of success stories also so I would stay positive and definitely don't stress! Also that's great to hear your periods are normal, the reason I started reading about the b-complex is that I only had one normal period after my mirena was removed and then 2 really weird light spotty periods.

K_Anchondo,
Also when I was looking into the b-complex I just searched "b-complex good for ttc" and found tons of info and success stories, ladies even getting their bfp very soon after taking it, which is what happened w me. Good luck!

K you should take a b complex instead of just the 12 something about how they all work together.
you can also take it with soy.
goodluck

So much for the possibility of implantation:-( spotting again today, must be start of af. Why on 8dpo though?? Iv never come on this soon before. A few days late yea, but a week early? Flippin cycles. Definitely going to try soy next cycle. What a total cow :-( x

aw, that totally sucks. i'm sorry lucy. :(

i'm thinking about trying soy too...do you have any links for more info about it?

I just read back and you shouldn't do soy and vitex together it's one or the other
My understanding is soy helps with ov and vitex helps the rest of your cycle ie lengthen your lp

Goodluck

Ok I need a suggestions
How to not mention babies or pregnancy to oh
He's says I'm obsessed ( he said it jokingly but he's right)
God it's like the whole world is pregnant or has babies - mind you we went to the zoo lots of human and animal ones there)

But how the comment came out was a ? On the radio on what do women spend 16 hrs doing and he said I know what you do

So that's my hint but how do I not obsess when I want it so badly?
But I know I just won't obsess around him
But he's right I'm obsessed
Suggestions - what works for you guys

I just read back and you shouldn't do soy and vitex together it's one or the other
My understanding is soy helps with ov and vitex helps the rest of your cycle ie lengthen your lp

Goodluck

that makes sense. I just want to try the soy for now and probably pair it with the b-complex. I'm already taking the prenatals.

As for how to not obsess, I really don't know. OH thinks I'm obsessed too but I don't think so. I'm not nearly as obsessed as I was the first month! lol

This morning it's definitely af. At 8dpo. And iv been having normalish cycles. Just don't get why suddenly it's a week early? So gutted. Stupidly believed it could be implantation:-(

Pdmcd i sort of mentally obsess, but oh can't handle the constant talking about it, so I have to keep quiet. Thank god for this thread, this is where I let it all out. I don't think it's a good idea to get yourself wound up in knots, the stress just has a negative effect on cycle regulation, really counterproductive. Believe me it's easier said than done! I just believe that things happen when they are meant to happen, there's not much you can do to change that. You could have cycle after cycle of perfectly timed bd'ing, but if it's not the right time for you to be pregnant then it just won't happen xx that's what helps me hun x even though I desperately would love to be able to give my oh a baby, it's just not quite the right time for us. I hope it's not too long away, I'm nearly 35, I don't want age to be a factor xx I know the process is so waring, but think of the final outcome x Id be happy to go through quite a lot for that :) xx good luck hun xx

Gardenofedens I don't know of any soy links, but if you read back through this thread there have been some mentioned, and lots of info from the girls xx good luck xx

Hey girls me again! Well to make myself feel better I popped to tesco and picked up about 6 different vitamins! But I have no idea what Im meant to take when, or even if Iv bought the right thing! I got a tub of B complex, also some soya isoflavones (spelling?!). Is that the same thing that you guys have been on about?? Or are soy and soya different things??! It doesn't say on the tub about taking them for a few days before you ovulate, just one a day. Am I being completely blonde?!? Has anyone any ideas????
Thanks girls xxx

Hope everyone's ok, lots of love and hugs xxx

Hey Lucy
You can take B with soy (soya in the UK)
I'm on a b complex as they work good together( I take it all cycle suppose to be good for our lp), soy day 2-7 of my cycle ( for ov) and I just started evening primrose oil period - ov ( you shouldn't take epo after ov as it can cause uterine spasm and that's bot good for implantation) epo is good for pms and cm
I'm also on a women's formula multivit

Goodluck

pdmcd17 thank you so much for replying hun, awesome info. Evening primrose was one of the other vits I bought so that's a good start! Do you know what the ideal dosages are for the soy?? Iv heard a few variations. Sorry to be pain! xx
Love an hugs xx

Hey Lucy
My soy came in 40mg tabs
I took 120x2 night 160 x 2 & 200 the last night

I took mine at night ad that's when I take all my supplements
Goodluck

I haven't started the supplements yet. Im on cycle day 10 and bought the OPK this morning. It's the 20 pack from "Answer", any reviews?

You'll have to let me know how the supplements go. Ill do it next cycle if nothing pops up this one.

I obsess about it too. I just dont talk about it with anyone anymore. Last month I did a little, but my husband said I take the fun out of it. Nice huh?? LOL! So now Im not talking about it at all. if he wants to think it was unplanned and a surprise I can give him that. But I research it online all day! Not sure what Im looking for - everything says the same stuff. But.. you are not alone in the fertility stalking. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->