The official mod bugging thread- we want the grotto open!!!

Ours usually goes up towards the end of November. As long as we're not the first on our street, it's all good :lol:

I still actually have a wooden snowman in my front garden in a plant pot,I can't bear to take him down lol we must look crazy to the other neighbours

When the grotto opens is there a handmade gift section?! I've already been trying to find gifts to make for grandparents, ect!

When the grotto opens is there a handmade gift section?! I've already been trying to find gifts to make for grandparents, ect!

There was a hand made thread last year :thumbup:.

Recipes, crafts etc hamper ideas

Ooooocant wait :happydance:

I've already started my handmade presents! I'm halfway through a patchwork quilt for my mummy. What do we reckon? :D

Attachments

• quilty.jpg
    quilty.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
PS I've probably said it already but everyone remember to save your jars! Lots of people found it difficult to find jars cheap last year for homemade gifts and it's annoying having to pay out when you're trying to be thrifty! :dohh:

What's everyone making this year? I have the quilt, planning to make caramelised onion chutney for people we don't see much (and can never think of gifts for), but so far nothing else. Oh, I have a bit of a tradition of giving a little 'Christmas Eve' gift for my family - last year it was snowman soup and the year before mugs with hot chocolate - so this year I'm going different and making flavoured lipbalms :)

do any of the mods actually read this lol

I have taken up knitting so knitted items is going to be flying around this year :thumbup:

really really really want it open, i hate browsing internet for ideas :( x

Come on, I need it open now, actually have a bit of money spare this month, and want to start now lol

love the patch work! i remember the homemade thread last year. i might make some flavoured vodka for my brother/sil and sil/bil this year. we just buy for kids now so just a token gesture and i get to play at making stuff ha ha.

That quilt is gorgeous!!! I've been working on a quilt for Sophia for a while now made out of her old onesies! It's been put on hold though since we went on vacation and then moved!

So far my handmade/crafty gifts are:

- Oven Mitt's for Sophia's Grandma's with her hand prints, name, and "helping hands" painted on them.
- See through glass ornaments with picture of Sophia & Grandma.

Grandmas are so easy to craft for :haha:

We are also going to do a 'Christmas bucket' this year. I'll get a bucket and put 25 "presents/activities" for Sophia, DH and I to do every night. Each "present" will go with whatever the activity is. You can use "presents" that you already have, as well! Just something to wrap and for LO to open to go with each activity!

Ohhh I love the sound of these homemade ideas! Definitely going to try some this year. I know I'm making my sister a hamper and thats it atm..

Some things I spotted today. Hope it helps someone. All from B&M

Fisher price laugh and learn Hoover £19.99
Motorised digger ride on was £60 now £40
Happy land Noah's ark toy £16.99
Happy land farm set toy £14.99 (I think)
Smoby kitchen £14.99

Do you mean happyland from elc in B&M? Xx

love the patch work! i remember the homemade thread last year. i might make some flavoured vodka for my brother/sil and sil/bil this year. we just buy for kids now so just a token gesture and i get to play at making stuff ha ha.

Be careful if you make it early! I made loads last year and it was FIT, but the bottle stoppers I bought weren't airtight and it all spoiled :cry:
Apparently it's a good idea if you leave it to store in plastic drink bottles until you're ready to gift it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->