The only food I can stomach is....

Celesse

Reaction score
The only food I can currently stomach is marmite on brown toast and cottage cheese. I'm starving but everything else tastes gross.

Anyone else's baby put them on a restricted diet? If so what is it?

Hiya, how far gone are you? I'm 7 weeks and from the 6 weeks mark I've had nausea and total aversions to almost everything! I was quite health conscious before and had stocked up on homemade soups and healthy meals, the thought of them now makes me feel ill....weirdly i'm having aversions to the smells of shower gels/face creams its so bizzare! Marmite on toast always goes down well as does soft cheese on crumpets. I feel like I live off those. In the mornings I cannot stomach anything but those or Weetabix. Which I don't think i'd eaten in years lol. I'm just going with it for now and eating whatever. I've heard the first trimester the baby doesn't need as many nutrients as it does later on and so not eating great and only what you can stomach isn't bad. I know once the sickness passes in a few weeks (fingers crossed) I will manage to get add more healthy varieties into my diet. I do find that keeping a bag of grapes on my desk at work to snack on through the day helps me out for something sweet although I intend to just listen to my body and eat what it wants lol. Hope you are well xx

Yes! All I want right now is toasted cheese and tomatoe sandwiches. Oh and chicken salad with goat cheese and strawberries. Everything else makes me want to puke. Blah!!

It makes it very difficult to cook for the rest of the family. I've now got to go and make something for them without retching and I have no idea what to cook. Something quick in all likelihood.

I used to live off hummus, had it every day for lunch. Now the thought of it... Yeah, can't do that. Actually the thought of a LOT of foods isn't doing it for me. I try to keep it bland, but sometimes baby wants something crazy. Yesterday coming home from work I HAD TO HAVE BBQ CHIPS.

Today (s)he didn't want me to have what I brought for lunch, thankfully my office has a cafe and they were serving soup :)

Celesse yup toast and marmite for me too! Luckily hubbys been away so ive been so slack wit the kids (pasta or pancakes or a boiled egg)

This has been my worst pregnancy for eating lol. I have gone off so many different foods and I've also had a lot more cravings. I can't stop drinking lime cordial juice, in fact it's all I can drink. I can't even stand the smell of coffee or milk. I can't eat cereal, white bread, sausages, tomatoey pasta sauce. All I'm living off pretty much at the moment is chicken and bacon sandwich filler sarnies with lettuce and cucumber on malted bread. I'm craving a magnum ice cream at the moment and gravy and chips :/

I'm constantly trying to find things I wanna eat and I'm hungry but struggle to find anything I want to eat. If I do fancy something then after I eat it I feel sick and can't face it again. Nitemare!!

Only things I can eat all the time has been Special K, plain Pringles and ham salad rolls!

OMG reading all these is making me hungry!!!! Lol!!! Another thing that I'm REALLY craving...is from my childhood. Macheral (sp?)on rye. My grandmother is danish and used to make this for me all the time as a kid....

I'm constantly trying to find things I wanna eat and I'm hungry but struggle to find anything I want to eat. If I do fancy something then after I eat it I feel sick and can't face it again. Nitemare!!

Same here! Except I can't find anything I want to eat that won't make me feel sick afterwards. :dohh:

Remember those glorious days where when you were hungry, you reached in your fridge and found something healthy and tasty?? Nope. Not anymore. I totally feel ya celesse. Cooking for my hubby and grandma is the worst part of the day. It takes forever to think of ideas because I think my brain is blocking food. And linny yes, once it's good it ends up soon on the bad list. All I crave now is Asian food: pho, Japanese style miso ramen, sushi, dimsum. But we just moved to white people land so it's only pizza and fast food here! :haha:

Miso sounds really good right now.

For the last 20years I have hated jam.. However jam on toast... Marmite/bovril on toast.. Is all I can stomach!

The smell of Purfume is really making me sick this week... Just anyone's Purfume!! I think it's anything with a strong sweet smell!

The only real food I've been wanting at all is spaghetti. Other than that all I can stomach is crackers, fruit, pretzels, yogurt, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, maybe the occasional peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I usually LOVE all sorts of food, so it is different for me to not want anything!

most mornings the idea of eating seems conpletely inconcievable. The worst thing is that the inevitable hunger makes the nausea worse. At 6 weeks 5 days, I have not vomited once but have been haunted by strong food aversions and gagging!!:/ the strangest things can make me gag..smell of fried foods, soap or the sight of certain foods. I have been getting by on [B whole wheat biscuits and lemon and ginger tea with a bit of honey (not too much or else...gag..)[/B]. That is the only thing I can stomach in the morning. As the day goes by I get less difficult but still find it hard to eat any of the foods I used to eat. It does not help that cooking is out of the question..the smells..ugh

Oh, this is me. I'm almost afraid to eat something that sounds good because I know an hour later I will be sick at the thought of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->