• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Just found out I actually can do 120 credits this year so just enrolled on another module :) Just gotta get in touch with student finance and get my amount of funding changed.

that's great news ! :dance: which one did you go for in the end?

I hope SF are helpful, when I called up to change details they said I had to do it in written form :dohh:

I have quite a bad touch of anxiety with telephones, i managed to get around it by never returning any of my tutors messages :/ and emailing them when i needed to ask something, i finished AA100 without talking to my tutor once :/ how bad is that lol! also quite rude of me i spose x

Phew. I was panicking that I'd have to quit before I've even started. I will definitely email as soon as I get his details...and I'm sure once I submit my disability form thing it'll be fine...it just shocked me and panicked me tonight.

I really want to get a head start but can't realistically start reading stuff at the moment as we're in the middle of a cross-country move!

Is anybody doing or has anybody done S104 before and can advise if there are any additional textbooks I'll need to purchase? I've Googled but can't find any info :/

The only books you will need are the books listed in the Set books tab on your student home page, under the module title :) if there is nothing there then i would assume there are no set books perhaps. x

Thanks ladies :) I'm doing DSE212 Exploring psychology, DSE141 Discovering psychology, and DD131 Introducing the social sciences - part one. I'll have my hands full but Tegan starts full time school today.

I have social anxiety too and I'm really bad with phones. I always get wifey to call people on my behalf and I never ever return calls. Email will have to do

Also, Vanilla, good luck at your appointment if it's today x

Thanks :flower: it went pretty badly but that's life I guess :dohh:

Sounds like you'll be kept busy but I think it's sometimes best to jump in at the deep end :flower:, how did Tegan's first day at full time go?

Heads still baffled with this art stuff. Hope the tutorials can make it clearer to me. Cant wait for the 26th so the website opens and I can see the dates!

I have quite a bad touch of anxiety with telephones, i managed to get around it by never returning any of my tutors messages :/ and emailing them when i needed to ask something, i finished AA100 without talking to my tutor once :/ how bad is that lol! also quite rude of me i spose x

Phew. I was panicking that I'd have to quit before I've even started. I will definitely email as soon as I get his details...and I'm sure once I submit my disability form thing it'll be fine...it just shocked me and panicked me tonight.

I really want to get a head start but can't realistically start reading stuff at the moment as we're in the middle of a cross-country move!

Is anybody doing or has anybody done S104 before and can advise if there are any additional textbooks I'll need to purchase? I've Googled but can't find any info :/

I'm sure you will be fine using email hun :flower:

I did S103 (precursor to S104), all you need are the materials they send you :) (there is only one OU course I've done that we needed to buy an extra book for :)) it's a brilliant course!

Thanks :flower: it went pretty badly but that's life I guess :dohh:

Sounds like you'll be kept busy but I think it's sometimes best to jump in at the deep end :flower:, how did Tegan's first day at full time go?

Sorry it went badly hun :( I hope it's an issue that can be fixed.

Her first day went alright, but she tipped her wheelchair in the afternoon and grazed her elbow. Poor girl. She was excited to go again today though so obviously there's no lasting effect.

I will be kept busy but I like a challenge! :lol:

Glad her first day went well, I hope her elbow's okay :hugs:

Two out of my three lots of materials are due for delivery today :dance:

yay for materials arriving :dance:

I can't believe how close we are to October and the courses starting :D

I know it's getting exciting now isn't it :dance:

My others aren't due to be sent until the 14th, but one of the two parcels coming today wasn't supposed to sent until the 14th either.

Not entirely relevant but my new PC arrived today :) with Office! which i am so happy about because i was using a naughty version last year lol (downloaded copy) and it just broke constantly. I'm not excited i was last year though when i was waiting to start AA100 this year i just keep thinking "ohh noo its nearly time to work again" ahha :)

glad to hear your new pc arrived :) I know what you mean, I'm starting to think eeeeeek now as it's aproaching :haha:

this time next month it'll have started!

I've already got a bit of a start on one of mine. There are four textbooks for my 60 credit course and there's a 44 page introductory chapter that we're meant to do in "week 0" which is before the course starts and it starts in the 24th of this month so thought I'd get a start. Really enjoying it so far!

Two out of my three lots of materials are due for delivery today :dance:

:happydance:

My other module isn't due to be sent until the 20th!

Boo!

yay for materials arriving :dance:

I can't believe how close we are to October and the courses starting :D

:shock: I know, shitting myself about the exams :argh:

I hope you all enjoy the coursework and do really well!

Not entirely relevant but my new PC arrived today :) with Office! which i am so happy about because i was using a naughty version last year lol (downloaded copy) and it just broke constantly. I'm not excited i was last year though when i was waiting to start AA100 this year i just keep thinking "ohh noo its nearly time to work again" ahha :)

:happydance: about the PC!

I've already got a bit of a start on one of mine. There are four textbooks for my 60 credit course and there's a 44 page introductory chapter that we're meant to do in "week 0" which is before the course starts and it starts in the 24th of this month so thought I'd get a start. Really enjoying it so far!

:D glad you are liking it so far!

Went to a tutorial for Oceanography yesterday which was good, we went over some past exam questions which was really helpful! Although the tutor said that she's never seen so many students drop out as she has this year :shock:

Can see the end in sight now!

Aah what's this week 0 business?

I really need to get myself a laptop from somewhere. I can only access the internet on my phone and it doesn't seem to like the OU site :(

I finished my english class about 2 weeks ago and I was only 4 points off from a perfect score on my final exam :dance: I finished with an average of 95.48...now I'm taking psychology which so far has been kicking my butt :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->