• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Open University and Distance Learning thread

On one of my courses it says you're expected to do your introductory chapter in week 0 (which they said was classed as anytime before week 1, and if you didn't do it you'd have twice the work load in week 1).
I'm halfway through my introductory chapter and I'm really enjoying it :D Some of it is quite difficult to understand but I'm managing alright I think :D

I'll be re-reading through all the material again today once lo is in bed otherwise he'll file it all for me :haha:, anyone else trying to come up with a time table for uni work? I'm a bit confused with how many hours I'll need for each! :dohh: and with childcare too! I'm thinking of sending him for half days as realistically I won't be studying more than 2-3 hours at a time, oh the confusion!! :haha:

I haven't even thought about it yet to be honest :blush: I've been doing uni work at night after Tegan is in bed but tbh I'm exhausted and I don't think it'll be a viable option once my other courses start and I'm more of less studying full time. Tegan is in school from 10-2.30 (eventually it will be 9.15-3.15) so I should do it then but I find myself falling to sleep and generally feeling a bit crappy really :/

I haven't even thought about it yet to be honest :blush: I've been doing uni work at night after Tegan is in bed but tbh I'm exhausted and I don't think it'll be a viable option once my other courses start and I'm more of less studying full time. Tegan is in school from 10-2.30 (eventually it will be 9.15-3.15) so I should do it then but I find myself falling to sleep and generally feeling a bit crappy really :/

Yea it's tough having to get your brain in gear in the evening ey, that's what I was having to do to begin with. I'm bad at getting distracted, but during the school day is brilliant quiet time to get things done :D

That's my last ever TMA marked - 74%, it substitutes anyway, so comfortably in the Grade 2 Pass zone for Oceanography (if I do well enough in the exam!)

Bogged down in revision.....

74%, well done. Hope your revision is going well :)

Yeah it is hard getting motivated, we don't ever get a full nights sleep (Tegan needs round the clock care so there's one of us up every 90 minutes through the night) and there's nothing I can do about it so I look like just getting over it :lol:

That's a great score tally :flower: good luck with the revision!

that must be really tough having to get up that often in the night :hugs: Motivation? what's that? :haha: I get motivation in spurts and then it's gone! :dohh:

:lol: Me too! One point of motivation though... my lovely wifey bought me a new laptop yesterday :D I only had a netbook before and had been quite scared that it wouldn't keep up with the workload plus I needed a disc drive to load my software on... Now I have a brand new super computer thanks to her :dance: I love it.. I've installed the sims 3 too though :blush: :lol:

Install sims 3 is the first I did when we got this pc a month or so ago too as our mac was too old for it :haha: it's amazing how much time goes on sims without knowing it :rofl: that's great news on a new laptop :flower:

I have been saying now for a week I'm going to look at the books again once lo is in bed and I haven't even touched them :dohh:

I've got mine at the side of me now. In a pile. I'm not looking at them, I just happen to be sat near them :rofl: I didn't manage to get anything done during school again today as we had to go to Morrisons and then to my Nana's to print her some stuff off (we took our printer up to her house as she doesn't have one).

I really will get something done tonight

Ohhh, its gone quiet in here! Nearly time to crack on ladies !!
My modules opened this morning, which means i can see my assignments and everything else now :) well apart from my tutorials and who my tutor is, they always take the piss with this!! grr. Starting to feel a bit nervous about doing two level 2's :/

One of mine opened last week (my only level 2, which I'm thankfully quite far in front with), one tomorrow, and one on the 29th. I'm excited but nervous aswell! I'm sure we'll all do great though

The materials for my second module, S141 Scientific and Investigative Mathematics, should be dispatched tomorrow :happydance:

AND I have read through the first chapter of S104, which was basically just an intro and rather boring lol.

I did buy some paper, pens and a snazzy spotty ringbinder though so I'm getting excited! I love stationery! :)

One of mine opened last week (my only level 2, which I'm thankfully quite far in front with), one tomorrow, and one on the 29th. I'm excited but nervous aswell! I'm sure we'll all do great though

You are doing three modules... madness lol! x

Are they three 60 pointers ? Being nosey because i wanted to take an extra 60 pointer in Feb and i might not be aloud yet because of it exceeding the credit limit for the year etc.

3 modules!!! you are really brave :haha:

I love stationary too! :D I've bough a scientific calculator and highlighters so far, I need to buy the rest soon! :dohh:

Hi girls, can I join in?

I'm starting S205 The Molecular World this year. I'm very nervous, it's my first level 2 module. I did S104 last year and did well but S205 seems a lot harder. The module website opens on the 27th, apparantly week one starts on the 6th October and then TMA01 is due on the 1st November which is only 3 and a half weeks later! And I'm supposed to have read 2 and a half books by then!

I don't think I'm getting any tutorials this year which I'm a bit disappointed about, I think it's all elluminate. I loved going to tutorials.

I have two little boys, aged 4 and 2. Hoping to TTC in the new year but terrified of studying while pregnant with all the morning sickness and exhaustion and messing up my degree. Anyone studied while pregnant?

Good luck everyone!

Are they three 60 pointers ? Being nosey because i wanted to take an extra 60 pointer in Feb and i might not be aloud yet because of it exceeding the credit limit for the year etc.

Nope, one 60 (level 2) and two 30's (level 1's) just because they're compulsory. Thankfully the level 1's don't go towards your final grade so if I need to let some slack go on one of them to keep up with the level 2 one I can :)

:) I love stationery too! Always have.... I'm dreading finishing Uni as I won't have an excuse to buy it any more :hissy:: :lol:

Hi girls, can I join in?

I'm starting S205 The Molecular World this year. I'm very nervous, it's my first level 2 module. I did S104 last year and did well but S205 seems a lot harder. The module website opens on the 27th, apparantly week one starts on the 6th October and then TMA01 is due on the 1st November which is only 3 and a half weeks later! And I'm supposed to have read 2 and a half books by then!

I don't think I'm getting any tutorials this year which I'm a bit disappointed about, I think it's all elluminate. I loved going to tutorials.

I have two little boys, aged 4 and 2. Hoping to TTC in the new year but terrified of studying while pregnant with all the morning sickness and exhaustion and messing up my degree. Anyone studied while pregnant?

Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the group :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"