The Open University and Distance Learning thread

HI!

Sorry I don't know anything about the new funding, I hope it's not too much of a nightmare for you all.

I got my Honours certificate in the post :happydance: and Grad ceremony is in April!!! :dance:

Wooohooooo Tally! Is it at a nearby university?

So far in my new module I have gotten 78, 78 and 77 but have been terrible with keeping up with work so really need to start working harder to try and get my scores into the 80s! SPSS confuses me so much :wacko:

Aaaah I'm so far behind!! If I had one piece of advice it would be to keep up with the study timetable. I slacked off over Christmas thinking I could catch up later, but now I'm still behind and really struggling to catch up.

Tally - yay congrats!! how did you find the jump from level 1 to 2?

:D

It's in Edinburgh so not far!

Loundivy those scores are good!

Day_dreamer, I found the jump from L1 to L2 manageable but only with a lot of extra work. At L1 I could get away with slacking, but not at L2 - plus the scores actually start to count towards your final degree classification! Then from L2 to L3 is a jump too. But if you work up to it it's manageable. If you put your mind to catching up a bit at a time you will be ok :)

I keep wanting to do a Masters.....

:D

It's in Edinburgh so not far!

Loundivy those scores are good!

Day_dreamer, I found the jump from L1 to L2 manageable but only with a lot of extra work. At L1 I could get away with slacking, but not at L2 - plus the scores actually start to count towards your final degree classification! Then from L2 to L3 is a jump too. But if you work up to it it's manageable. If you put your mind to catching up a bit at a time you will be ok :)

I keep wanting to do a Masters.....

You should go for it! :devil:

:haha:

I probably will once life has settled a bit :flow:

Hmmm just revisited the fees page for postgraduate modules :shock:

Hey everyone! I'm hoping to start a bsc in natural science biology pathway. Anyone else?? Do I register first? Or apply for student loan first?

Also part time job and full time uni doable? With a toddler??

Hi DMS!

I'm unsure of how it works with the new situation of student loans etc - I would imagine you'd need to register first? Maybe give the OU a call and ask.

I would say you can manage the workload - it will mean being strict with study time and using any available help but definitely do-able, and way worth it! Best of luck!

I had my graduation ceremony yesterday!!!! :happydance:

It was an incredibly proud occasion. Obviously it was bittersweet for me in that my husband was not here to share it but my brother and Gran were there.
I have also registered for the module 'communicating science in the information age' which will form part of MSc Science and Society :D

It doesn't start till Feb 2014 which is a shame. But gives plenty of time to prepare.

I'm here! Nervously awaiting my exam result, got an 80 average on my tmas so I am going to be so sad if the stupid exam brings my grade down, hate the marking system!

Are you doing a masters through OU now tally?

I'm here too, also nervously awaiting module results. Really annoyed that all the hard work I put into my TMAs doesn't count for anything as my marks are soley based on the EMA and the exam!

Day dreamer I thought it was just that your lower score is your final result? So if you get 90 in the exam and 80 in the tma then your overall result is 80? At least that way the tmas do have kind of a point! I agree it's very annoying though!

Which module Did you just finish?

I just finished S104 and S141. The TMAs count for nothing in either :( although if you get over 85 in the exam/EMA, you can only get a distinction if your TMA average is over 85 too... :shrug: I'm rubbish at exams so I'm holding out for a pass lol

Glad to see you here! FIngers crossed for your results to be good!

In level 1 modules it's not graded anyway it's pass or fail so don't worry about percentages!

Yeah I have registered for the masters nd paid for the first module but it doesn't start til February which is annoying.

xxxxx

Ahhh the one I am awaiting is level 2, I am confident I passed the exam but doubt I will get over 60 which sucks!

Ahhhh February will come round quick! What is your masters in?

I'm still here too! :flower: I finished A1100 and I'm currently doing A151 and starting A150 in October, I've not yet chosen what I'm doing for second year.

Good luck louandivy on the exam results! :dust:

That's really exciting on the masters tally :dance: February will be here before you know it!

Thanks!

Masters is in Science and Society, 1st module is Communicating Science in the information age :D

Is anybody doing the k101 in October? Sent off all of my forms and just waiting to hear back from them now! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->