The Open University and Distance Learning thread

I haven't done a proper timetable yet as I'm hoping to get my work done while my OH, L, is also at uni, but her timetable differs week to week.

I'm doing a 60 credit unit and and a 30 credit unit, which is supposedly 16 hrs and 8 hrs a week, so a total of 24. I'm usually a quick learner though so I'm hoping to fit it in to about 20.

I've made a start on S104 and currently have 2 cut-up 2 litre bottles outside measuring rainfall :D

Lots of people on the Facebook group for my modules are waaay ahead and have done TMAs already, but the study planner guide doesn't start until next week so I think I'll stick to that.

I've not looked on FB at my study groups yet. I don't want to get too far in front because I want to go along with class as it were, so when points of discussion are raised at tutorials/on forums the things they're discussing are current to me and not what I did a month ago. Are you enjoying it?

Hi everyone, i'm newish to the OU (i did a 15 point course 2 years ago) i'm starting SDK125 in Feb, counting it towards Bsc hons Psychology.

Hi :flower: Good luck! I bet you can't wait for February. I was counting down the days for the websites opening etc :lol:

I'm really looking forward to it! I'l be doing 30 point courses (so around 60points a year) and the year both my LO's start school - thinking ahead i will finish with 120 points, very full on but i will have alot of time then x

I have the same problem with the phone and I'm not sure how it'll impact my learning. I've done quite a bit already... I don't like being "behind" (not that I am behind, just that this week is the week I should be doing if that makes sense

I'm just worried about when I get stuck...I thought explaining things by email would be good, but it's just if the tutor chooses to answer your question. You can't butt in and say 'yeah I understand that but.....' with an email.

Well Ididn't get 6 hours done yday. I've made a start with S141 and don't want to go any further as we have an Elluminate tutorial on Thursday and I want it to be relevant, so I'm about on track with that.

I'm going to try and get 1 week ahead with S104 as the TMAs for that clash with the same dates as for S141 which is really unfortunate and inconvenient, lol

Ah thanks Lea. I am already ahead according to the study planner so thats good. Have done a rough draft of my first TMA too. Looking forward to my day school now although a bit apprehensive.

I did about 5 hours yesterday evening. Quite enjoying it really!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

panic time. right about now.

:wohoo:

student finance haven't finished processing my claim because I originally applied for full time, I was approved and then I cancelled it to apply for part time but that's meant it takes longer, I called them on Tuesday and they said it'll be fast tracked to take 5/7 working days, if it doesn't I'll have to pay OU 25% myself until student finance pay. So annoyed, I handed in my application a few days after it opened :growlmad:

I thought the new 'OU Guarantee' thing meant you'd still be able to study even if student finance take forever.!?

I have my first Elluminate session this evening...eeek!

that's what I thought but the OU called and said the guarantee only applies if student finance have approved the funding, that's got to be done within 2 weeks of the start date :nope:

Hi, can I join? Started k101 this month, working part time , 3 year old ds and pregnant! Im about 2 months ahead as recieved my books way early! I go on mat leave next week so going to use the days my son is at nursery to study study study! Im exhausted at the minute and finding it hard to concentrate for more than a hour!

Where is everyone!

How is everyone finding their courses? :flower:

I'm doing my first science TMA and I think I might lose my head soon :wacko:

I just submitted my First Tma today, and my second is due on Thursday.. i haven't started it yet so i am feeling the panic lmao !

tell me about it, mine is due tomorrow and I've not started yet either :wohoo: :dohh:

the time limit is up til midnight right??? :blush:

Yeah there is always a 12 hour grace period :) good luck !

A quick question, What information do you need to put on the header? I've got student number and name but do I need to add anything else? thanks :flower:

My first TMA is due next week and I've not started it yet. I've asked my tutor for a weeks extension because my head is a total wreck because of my brother etc

Got my first tma back from exploring psychology - 78, I can't believe it! I wrote it the night before and finished early so I could watch the elections instead :dohh: how did everyone else do?

Tegan's mama, I hope your brother is recovering well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->