The Overdue Club!

So at 41 weeks I've had a successful sweep, mw said i'm 2cm and she can easily stretch it to 4cm. To be fair I don't really remember the first sweep I had with ds but i'm sure today she gave me a real good one, I mean it wasn't fast by any means! She said there's no waters in front of babies head and suspects when waters go it'll just be a trickle. She mentioned 'tonight' and then said 'oh I shouldn't say that, don't want to get you excited' but definitely within 48 hours she thinks, lets see if she is right!!!

Our yellow bump turned blue at 12.55pm this afternoon!! A gorgeous boy called Alexander weighing 8lb2oz. Will follow with a birth story over next couple of days, but just to say anyone depressed that your cervix is high and closed after a failed sweep shouldn't be. My waters went at 10.30pm last night and I had baby in my arms the next afternoon. Good luck lucylu for your sweep outcome and all ladies still waiting xxx

Our yellow bump turned blue at 12.55pm this afternoon!! A gorgeous boy called Alexander weighing 8lb2oz. Will follow with a birth story over next couple of days, but just to say anyone depressed that your cervix is high and closed after a failed sweep shouldn't be. My waters went at 10.30pm last night and I had baby in my arms the next afternoon. Good luck lucylu for your sweep outcome and all ladies still waiting xxx

Oh my gosh this is an amazing story and I can't wait for the full version!!

Congrats woop woop!!!

Congratulations mama! Love the name, can't wait to see a pic!

Good luck to everyone having babies this weekend!
Can't wait to hear all the birth stories and see pics.

Afm, I thought for sure LO would be here on her own but she's being very stubborn. Today H and I are enjoying our last day as 2 before we go in for induction tomorrow. It's so surreal to know we'll be coming home with a baby. :)

So my sweep hasn't done anything yet :(

Looking back I got way too excited yesterday, I did have the worst pain ever during the night, I had to get a water bottle on my back to help but in the end I had to empty my bowels which kinda hurt and considering the bland meal I had for tea was totally out of the blue.

I am still hoping I will go by myself but in my heart I think like with ds that i'm just one of those women who can't contract by themselves. If that's the case then at least I can look forward to my induction on tues.

MnG - my partner and I are doing the same, our toddlers now with his grandparents as we have to be at the hospital for 8am tomorrow so we are trying to enjoy some time alone before our baby arrives, it sounds silly but I actually don't believe it is real. Wait until the contractions start then I will believe it lol ;)!

Lucylu - I think I am one of those women too, I think the sweep I had on Tuesday caused me to lose my plug and I would love to see if I can go into labour myself (this is my last so if I don't I will never know:( ) I read things can happen with sweeps even 48 hours after so just maybe....

It feels so strange today to think that my pregnancy is coming to an end and I will never be pregnant again :( Trying to enjoy the last kicks etc but at the same time will be glad when baby is here. Hope everyone else is feeling well today.

Yes it's our last too and I just wanted to feel it all naturally, have that gradual build up and ultimately a water birth but each day that goes by sees that slip away.

I have to be at the hospital for my appointment at 6.45 on tues I assume i'm first at that time! We live an hour away too!!

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to read the birth stories over the coming days. Good luck with your inductions everyone! My birth story is here if anyone fancies a read https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...birth-alexander-16-oct-15-a.html#post36352177 xxx

Thanks for sharing Icklemonster, rough waiting 6 hours for the epidural but glad you got it in the end :) lovely photos toox

How many of us are getting induced tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday? Sounds like a few.

I replaced my hospital bag from a backpack to a duffle bag (bigger).
Trying to clean the bathrooms, clean kitchen floor, picked up all the kids toys and even found stuff to donate (I'm on a cleaning kick)...

I'm nervous about my induction. Maybe that's why I'm on a cleaning kick?

I am going to hospital this morning to see if I am favourable for pessary, if not back tomorrow to break my waters!! Good luck Juliet11 :) I have been awake since 3am I hope things go well for everyone!

Thanks for sharing icklemonster, lovely story!

Good luck to anyone getting induced today or tomorrow, my turn on tues!

I didn't sleep a wink last night, I'm getting so nervous. .the only good thing about that is all the nervous poops :haha:

There's not much left to do with the house today besides tidy up before we leave. I'm going to be pacing all day until 7 lol. I can't believe sometime tomorrow we'll be holding a baby! Life will never be the same again!

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow. I think someone had an induction scheduled for Tuesday as well. Best wishes for uneventful deliveries! :)

The hospital hasn't called about my induction yet today. It makes me anxious. I just want to know either way. I hope that they put me off until tomorrow in some ways. I'm having intense back pain and feeling like I'm going to vomit, but no contractions or mucus plug loss. I'm still hoping she'll come on her own.

Mm, I didn't sleep last night was either!!!!

But good news, I started getting contractions this morning! Wow they're painful. I'm laboring at home till they get closer together. I'm just 10-15 min to hospital

So maybe no induction needed? That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->