The Pearls' Book leads to another death

Status
Not open for further replies.
But just because you interpret the Bible one way, doesn't mean other people would. Obviously, people are taking it to mean other things than you are.

Thats why as a christian i dont celebrate christmas, easter (i celebrate christs death as we are instructed to but dont celebrate easter as such) etc :winkwink:

But just because you interpret the Bible one way, doesn't mean other people would. Obviously, people are taking it to mean other things than you are.

True, but the bible is clear in its meaning on this subject, what the pearls are doing is very very wrong!

Not to start a whole new debate, but it's like how the bible says nothing about being homosexual is wrong :blush:

When it comes down to it, the Bible was just a book written by a group of old, white men. :shrug:

Not white, but Who were instructed by God what to write.....Just remember their are christians on this thread so lets keep it respectful :flower:

Not to start a whole new debate, but it's like how the bible says nothing about being homosexual is wrong :blush:

The bible does say homosexuality is wrong and immoral, but yeh thats a whole other debate....

If people cant have some respect im out, bye ladies :)

Respect my beliefs and I'll respect yours. Simple as. I'm not going to be politically correct because you find it offensive that I think the bible was written by old white guys.

The bible was not written by old white guys...

guys with a different color skin then. Not that skin color matters.

Did I miss something? Where did this get disrespectful...? I thought it was perfectly civil, particularly considering the sensitivity of the topic....

Not sure where i was disrespectful, but i think it has something to do with people bagging the bible.

It was translated into English by old white guys then :winkwink:

As for the bible saying homosexuality is immoral - if I remember right (its been a long time since I've studied the bible) it says its immoral for a man to lie with another man as he would with a woman. Well they don't like with men as they would with women - they do it differently :winkwink: so technically its not immoral. And anyway most of the anti-gay stuff was written by Paul and I think he was the devil really, he turned what could have been a very good religion (following Jesus) into a religion of rules which demean women and pretty much put you off it.

I have a lot of gay friends and love them I dont like religion that condems me or any one I know for being them.

Thats why as a christian i dont celebrate christmas, easter (i celebrate christs death as we are instructed to but dont celebrate easter as such) etc :winkwink:

Same with me, but I do celebrate christmas..if the angels rejoiced his birth, so will I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"