The Pearls' Book leads to another death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of gay friends and love them I dont like religion that condems me or any one I know for being them.

i don't condemn them. nor any christians should as nothing they do is right and yet they justify it everyday.

:-k didnt mean you I meant the book but nothing whose does is right?

(I think she meant the whole "Don't condemn others lest you be condemned yourself..." ... "Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses"... essentially, nobody has the right to judge because we all screw up every day.)

(I think she meant the whole "Don't condemn others lest you be condemned yourself..." ... "Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses"... essentially, nobody has the right to judge because we all screw up every day.)

yep. they think they have the rights to judge others but yet they are not perfect either and even justify it.

I get it now. Amazing how so many see it differently though and pick and choose from it what they like.

It's my thread :dohh:

Im not sure being the starter of a thread means you can say what you want, if that was the case it would be caos with people just starting random threads with the intention just to insult others

I get it now. Amazing how so many see it differently though and pick and choose from it what they like.

TBH thats how I think religion should be viewed, take from it your own interpretations that give you personal strength and comfert rather then follow it to the letter.
But with most religions those that choose to use it to their advantage rather then for guidance arnt even following it to the letter they are interpreting it to their own needs the same as others just in a bad way

i havent read the thread so im probably repeating but this is awful. yes the books are disgusting but a book cant be blaimed its the sick so called parents doing what it says that are sick in the head and would probably be doing things like this even if it wasnt in a book

TBH thats how I think religion should be viewed, take from it your own interpretations that give you personal strength and comfert rather then follow it to the letter.
But with most religions those that choose to use it to their advantage rather then for guidance arnt even following it to the letter they are interpreting it to their own needs the same as others just in a bad way

sometimes when people interpret the bible for themselves, they twist it so bad that ....well it is just didn't have good results I've seen it many times (like abusive man pick and choose the bible what he believe to justify his behavior). Bible study in churches helps alot but not always, depending on their beliefs

I agree with you there some use it for bad and good. Sadly more bad is always noticed, same with everything. I dont think all christians are like these ones and its horrible to think that they all get tarred.

That's the thing. How do you choose what to believe in the Bible and what not to believe?

It also says your shouldn't wear fabric of mixed fibres.

Just wondering (if anyone wants they can PM me instead)

Those who are saying they are Christians, have you read the whole Bible?

I am a Christian but I started realizing it is kind of weird for me to say I believe in the Bible and follow it when I haven't even read the whole thing.

i've read the whole new testament but not relevation (I've probably read a lot more than I think since I've went to church all my life and they made read bible verses here and there). and most old testaments. most of the time we do bible study.

Yes I have read the whole Bible several times. I believe that the entire Bible is the inspired word of God and therefore truth, but it's really important to know the background and context of each part to understand it properly. For example, the law about not wearing mixed fibres was in the Mosaic law which only applied to the Israelites and was ended by Christ as we are now in the gospel age. It is very likely that it was a kind of "consumer protection law" to prevent sellers passing off lower quality clothing as more expensive items. Most of the Old Testament laws that seem really strange to us were either to do with health and hygiene or how to treat other people fairly. Life was very different back then!

(Oh dear... hoping this doesn't turn into a totally OT debate....)

Keep in mind that the bible was also written as an historical document, not meant for every word to be taken as literal instruction. The shift between Old and New testament is a deliberate contrast, as the 'old' and 'new' law that shifted after the atonement was very different, and we were meant to notice how very different that was.

^^ Which is exactly why, even if the Bible HAD meant "rod" as an actual whipping instrument....it would be foolish for us to take that one reference out of context and decide God wants us to beat our kids.
You know....that whole story... in the very beginning of the Bible...about having free will... you know, Adam, Eve, etc....? Pretty sure it started that way for a reason. I'm not even convinced it's a literal historical record of the first two people on earth, but strongly, strongly symbolic. Clear message: We are not robots. We have discernment, we make decisions, we have free will. We are entrusted with that free will.

But the whole point of this thread is: That yes people do take it very literal.

Interesting conversation.
I am not Christian but very much appreciate the bible knowledge shared! :flower:
As for the question of culpability...
Tricky.
The bits of that book that I have read are reprehensible. I'm not anti-spanking, but the sort of things discussed in there are horrific. They are absolutely abuse and it breaks my heart that anyone would call that "love".
But at the end of the day, the people who denied the murdered child food and beat her and did all those other things to her are the ones at fault. Should we be concerned about the Pearls' ability to share their seriously twisted "parenting" tips? Probably. But are they personally responsible for the deaths? I don't think that's fair to say.

For me, this is the nasty side of free speech - that ideas like those in their book can be promoted. :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"