The pill and sex after m/c?!

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
2 questions...

I am not going to be TTC again for a while; this was a surprise pregnancy and we really can't financially justify trying again at this point. So I need to get back on the pill. I still have my prescription for it so that's not a worry... but when should I start taking them again? I don't have health insurance right now so I can't afford to get an appt. with my gyno. Usually I would start the Sunday after my period starts... so do I have to wait a month or however long it takes until I have a normal cycle?

Other question is when I can start having sex again. I honestly didn't think I'd feel like it for a while, but it has been a week and surprisingly I just want to get back to it. Right after the m/c I did ask the Dr. at the hospital, she said I had to wait until the hcg levels dropped to 0... but didn't say how long that would take. I have been getting tested but they didn't tell me what they levels were. Last Monday they were at 4010, I was tested Wednesday and Friday... I have been told they are dropping, but they didn't give me an actual #. I was 9.5 weeks when the m/c happened. I am not bleeding anymore, I was spotting but I haven't had any at all for 2 days now.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks! :hug:

You should be able to start taking your pill after your first period arrives following your MC. And you can start having sex as soon as your bleeding has completely stopped, this includes any brown/pink discharge x

Hi, sorry for your loss. not sure about your pill query but you should be ok to have sex once bleeding stops so you can be sure the cervix has closed to avoid infection.

xxx

Does it ever stop for a few days then start again? I am just so confused... the doctor said the bleeding would go on for a few weeks. But it has only been 1 week since then and I haven't bled at all in 2 days, not even spotting.

I just want to get back to normal.

So sorry for your loss. I didn't bleed to heavy after my m/c, but did have a d&c as well. I did spolt on and off for about a week with some days inbetween with no bleeding at all so it's all different with everybody sorry I couldn't help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->