The Pill

C

carla15x

I've read soooo much about the pill and how long it takes to regulate your body and cycles after coming off it . . . just 2day I read that maybe coming off it for a year is a good idea when thinking about TTC :wacko:

Thing is I've been considering going on the pill for the next 6 months (I'm hoping to TTC in ten months to the day = ]) as I just don't feel safe and protected enough soley reliying upon condoms, we also use the pull out method sometimes which of course could easily catch us out . . .

I've already booked my doctors appointment and will ofc talk to him about this but I'm wondering if it's 'worth it' for 6 months or wether I'm just going to be making it harder and more complicated for us in the long run, especially as I was/ kinda still am a bit relucant to have a hormone based contraceptive again (I got put on the pill at 10 due to period problems and have been on it up until three years ago when I had the implant)

I feel a bit ](*,)

Personally hun, I think you should go on it. Ive been back on it for 6 months and think I have caught the first month TTC. I was on it for 6 years before and it still only took me 4 months to conceive Lucy.

Some people take longer of course, but everyone is different and if you havent been on it before I think 6 months wont make a huge difference

Yeah, I think in my head I have already decided to . . . Just not sure if it was me being 'on top' lol

First month!!
That's encouraging for my cause lol = ]
I hope you have bab!!

xx

Thanks hun, I wont allow myself to believe it til I see a big fat line! lol

You'll soon know if you made the right decision going on the pill, if not theres nothing to say you have to stay on it. Do whats right for you sweet xxx

I got pregnant taking the pill :shrug:

It's different for everyone hun... you won't know until you try.

I've read soooo much about the pill and how long it takes to regulate your body and cycles after coming off it . . . just 2day I read that maybe coming off it for a year is a good idea when thinking about TTC :wacko:

Thing is I've been considering going on the pill for the next 6 months (I'm hoping to TTC in ten months to the day = ]) as I just don't feel safe and protected enough soley reliying upon condoms, we also use the pull out method sometimes which of course could easily catch us out . . .

I've already booked my doctors appointment and will ofc talk to him about this but I'm wondering if it's 'worth it' for 6 months or wether I'm just going to be making it harder and more complicated for us in the long run, especially as I was/ kinda still am a bit relucant to have a hormone based contraceptive again (I got put on the pill at 10 due to period problems and have been on it up until three years ago when I had the implant)

I feel a bit ](*,)

If you can't possibly get pg right now, then I think you're doing the right thing by going on the pill especially as you say you don't trust condoms alone.

I was on the pill for 10 years and had regular breaks during that time. I always immediately went back to a 21/28 day cycle.

I finished for good 4 and a bit weeks ago so we could start NTNP and nothing as yet. Done a test yesterday and got a - so it could be sods law that the time we want my cycle to go back to normal it doesn't or we could have caught but be too early to show.

It's all a bit of a waiting game and everyone is different hun but I think the pill is a good idea for you for the next wee while xxx

I came off the pill after 10 years and by what I remember my period came back regular straight away, but not a lot if you know what I mean, only spotting (I think that's how they say it). I think by what I've read on here every womans body works different:dohh:

I was on the pill for 4+ years and this is my first cycle off the pill. I went and spoke to my doctor last week and basically she said you can get pregnant right away (it's not impossible) but it depends on the woman. It can take 3-6 months to get regulated again. I also read in a book last week that women are most fertile their first cycle off the pill because their bodies are surging hormones to try and make up for the deficiency when you aren't taking the pill anymore. I did a lot of research because I was also very interested in how long it would take and unfortunately there is no definitive answer. It really just depends on your body.

I was on the pill for quite a few years and came off it and my period was regular. They say when you come off the pill you are more likely to get pregnant due to hormones going crazy!
I think its a smart idea for you to go on the pill if you do not want to get pregnant =)
good luck

anyone got any ideas about how soon to come off the pill if on the POP - progesterone only pill??!

ive only just changed to it after problems with my last pill - but apparently periods are really irregular whilst on it, so i dont know if its gonna take way longer to become regular again!!

I was on pill for 4 years between ages of 20-24 then decided to try for my LO. I had my normal 'breakthrough bleed' or period when stopped and was pregnant within month!!! So don't really know how long it would take to reglulate your cycle, cus mine never had chance, though from personal experience never delayed me getting pregnant. So would say that each woman is different.

Personally I wouldn't go on for 6 months, just in case you're one of those women who do experiences problems with their cycles afterwards (I think about 50% of women do?). But I guess the question really is how bad it would be if you fell pregnant now. Would it be the end of the world? -> Then go on the pill. Would be inconvenient but you'd deal with it? -> Then I personally wouldn't bother my body with all those hormones.
I know I've plugged this a few times already on here, but have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Tony Wechsler? It's a very very useful book on natural family planning (basically temperature charting plus some other things), which is as safe as the pill when done properly. If you then throw in condoms as well you should only have a tiny tiny risk of getting pregnant and it works without putting any hormones into your body.
Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->