The Positively Positive thread of Positivity!*66 Positive Thinkers 24 BFPs so far!!!*

So Stinas? Any news? As for me I actually think I ovulated, but not when FF thinks I did, although I did have twinges in my left ovary around cd12 so who knows. I don't feel any different, though I'm only 5dpo. The only thing is today I seem to be using the bathroom more than usual. I SO hope this is my month. I can't think of a better birthday present!

I wish I had news opera but bfn BUT I think I finally O the other day. We stopped BD a week ago, but once I saw my temp dip to it's lowest I BD. I hope it's our month. The
Is has been a long odd cycle so hopefully it's a sign of something good to come.

GL Stinas! I had a dip today, not sure what to make of it but I think I'm 6dpo so I really hope it was an implantation dip; been feeling really weird all day - lots of pseudo cramping in my lower abs. I say pseudo b/c it's not like AF cramps, and it's not like Ov twinges. It's more like bubbles popping. I got a little dizzy in the shower today when I stood up from shaving my legs and thought that was weird and then I've had this on and off headache, but it's not intolerable or anything, just kind of annoying. I hope it's a sign. Oh, and I'm not symptom spotting at aaaaalllll....;)

How is everyone else doing?

The heartbeat scan is this Friday for me. I am a bit nervous about it but I think thats coming from all the other stress in my life at the moment.

Last week my dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer and we are anxiously awaiting the results of the biopsy report either today or tomorrow and he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow as well.

So I am busy hoping and praying for my dad and for a heartbeat on friday. I think the stress will ease once we know whats going on with my dad. My last scan of the baby showed it was at the right size and all looked good.

Wantanerd - sorry about your dad...hope everything goes ok with him! I know its hard not to stress about it, but try your hardest to think of the happy baby in your belly!!!

Good luck Stinas and Opera, I hope good things come from this cycle for yall!:thumbup:
Sorry to hear about your dad Wantanerd:hugs: let us know how your scan goes Friday.

So I am currently on cycle 15:wacko: AF just ended and I am now waiting for CD19 to ovulate, I feel like all I do is wait around these days:coffee:

My mom called last night and said she had something to tell me... evidently my cousin found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, with her second, but no one wanted to tell me. Well the other night she miscarried so my mom decided to let me know. I just cried, cried because she got pregnant within 2 months, cried because she lost the baby and cried because I just felt like crying (i feel like this a lot lately).:cry: I love my cousin very much we have always been close and I am ashamed for feeling this way but ultimately I am worried she will get pregnant before me again. I feel like a terrible person especially for all she is going through right now, how selfish am I? When she told me they were going to start trying the first thing that came to mind was, "Oh no, she will be pregnant before me!" I just need to put my feelings aside and be there for her and then be happy for them when they conceive again. I really feel like I will never see those 2 beautiful lines and carry a child:nope:

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out:cry:

Butterflies - I think a lot of us feel that way after ttc for so long. It's just a given and it does not make us bad people. When we look outside our ttc bubble it does not look nice, but it's just the way we feel.
I sometimes feel like I will never carry a child myself. It's a very truly sad feeling. I think we all have it. Just know you are not alone in this process. I found a ton of things here to make me feel better. There are tons of people to relate to and even begin to trust your feelings with. It's great to let things out and have positive helpful responses back.
Don't put yourself down. It will happen!

Thanks Stinas, I know you are right. I just hate the fact that my feelings about my own TTC get in the way of feeling happy about someone else's blessing.

So sorry about your dad wantanerd. I hope everything calms down for you soon! I second the other ladies who have said, "try to think about the happy baby inside you."

Butterflies...I think we've all been to the "I'll never carry a child" stage. Even for those like me, who want to one day adopt anyway, that's still a very sad thought. Try to keep your head up. Every day I read inspirational stories of women getting pregnant for the first time who have tried and tried and tried. I have a friend whose doctors told her from the time she was a teen that she'd never have children and guess what, she just gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl about 2 weeks ago. There is hope for all of us and in time we will all get our chance.

At the moment I'm going a little bit crazy. I think I ask God about 20 times a day for a baby for my birthday. Well, at this point I either am or I'm not, so I'm trying to avoid symptom spotting (I don't really have any) and I'm trying to avoid googling every question that pops into my head about whether I'm preggers or not. I'm failing miserably at both lol! Oh well. I go through spats of doubting and spats of 100% confidence that I am. I just wish my birthday would show up already so I can take a test! And I'm resolved not to test until then. I'll be 17dpo so there shouldn't be any doubt...the second line will either be there or it won't. Of course I'm hoping for it but yeah, like I said, I'm going a little nuts over it. I'll probably get over it in a couple days. Any advice ladies?

Thanks for the supportive words Opera. Where are you reading these stories? They sound wonderful.

I go through the same battle in my head after ovulation and it is miserable!! My only advice is to continue with your positive thinking and praying for your blessing. I didnt get my birthday BFP but I certainly hope you do!! Good luck and we are here if you need to vent during the wait until your birthday:thumbup:

Well I found out good news about my dad. The cancer is non aggressive so that means no chemo or radiation. Its a nice load off my back. I can now focus on growing a healthy grandchild for my dad.

Thanks Butterflies!!! And wantanerd I'm SO happy to hear about your dad! Now you can kick your feet up and have yourself a nice mocktail! ;)

Yeah, I'm still going crazy. I'm feeling a bit obsessive today. Also, I did an actual yoga workout yesterday and I am incredibly sore. Right under my armpits and my lower abs. I know that feeling like you've done one too many sit-ups can be a sign of pregnancy, and I know it all started yesterday when my chart may show an implantation dip but I'm trying so hard not to think of these as anything. I just worked out too hard and the dip in my chart could mean I'm not pregnant or not mean anything. It's just odd b/c I never get sore the same day as working out and I already had cramps in my lower abs before I did the yoga. Who knows. Thinking positive so I'll test positive!!! ;)

Good luck Stinas and Opera, I hope good things come from this cycle for yall!:thumbup:
Sorry to hear about your dad Wantanerd:hugs: let us know how your scan goes Friday.

So I am currently on cycle 15:wacko: AF just ended and I am now waiting for CD19 to ovulate, I feel like all I do is wait around these days:coffee:

My mom called last night and said she had something to tell me... evidently my cousin found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, with her second, but no one wanted to tell me. Well the other night she miscarried so my mom decided to let me know. I just cried, cried because she got pregnant within 2 months, cried because she lost the baby and cried because I just felt like crying (i feel like this a lot lately).:cry: I love my cousin very much we have always been close and I am ashamed for feeling this way but ultimately I am worried she will get pregnant before me again. I feel like a terrible person especially for all she is going through right now, how selfish am I? When she told me they were going to start trying the first thing that came to mind was, "Oh no, she will be pregnant before me!" I just need to put my feelings aside and be there for her and then be happy for them when they conceive again. I really feel like I will never see those 2 beautiful lines and carry a child:nope:

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get it out:cry:

I would've cried too. You've been trying a lot longer and it's an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. Don't feel guilty.

Opera--I keep reading this post crossing my finger for you! Still hoping...

I'm 19 weeks now and have felt a few movements. I find out the gender on Oct. 21. :)

Wantanerd - Happy to hear about your dad! I could only imagine how much better you feel! Your happy news is going to help him along greatly!

Opera - Everything is crossed for you!!!

Allison - Super nice for you to come update us!!! How excited are you to find out what gender your going to have?!?!? Thats when you can go crazy with the clothes! Super fun! I always wondered what the first baby flutters feel like...cant wait to feel it! It must be such a warm and wonderful feeling the first time.

As for me...I think I might have O on CD41. Temps have been rising since then, so lets see. I am using my new thermometer even though I read you should not use it mid cycle, but I figured why not. I would put them both in my mouth and get almost a full degree difference. I changed battery in old one and same crap. I think its just dying. I read in reviews after a few months that one does. Who knows. Ill just have to see and find out. One good(or I hope good) sign is that I have not had a long cycle like this in a long time. I might test come the weekend. I have no symptoms besides my nipples being sensitive to the touch...they dont bother me while in the bra, but when I touch them they feel weird...but im not thinking anything of it...its probably nothing.

Today I feel like I'm out. I actually broke down and cried. Today's temps were LOW...unusually so, but my thermometer has been acting up the last week or so so I'm really hoping it's just that. I'm planning on buying a new one tomorrow. Even so, I can't help thinking that this month has all been for nothing and I again didn't O. I'm just feeling really down today. I guess we all go through this every month but today it's just as bad as ever. You'd think I'd have gotten over it by now.

Every month I was gutted and down. In August, I had not one but two of my best friends get pregnant and I broke down when I started spotting. I had so much riding on that month.
Last month I thought I had too much riding on getting pregnant (wanting to be pregnant with my two best friends, My dad's 60th birthday, and Dh's deployment window opening in June 2012) that I didn't think it was possible. I was complaining the entire way to get blood drawn that I KNEW it wasn't my month. Three hours later, I was proven wrong.

There is always one day when it hits you how bad you want this and that takes a toll. Don't give up hope and stay positive b/c I am proof it can happen.

Dont put yourself down Opera....it makes things worse. It could be the thermometer....I bought a new one and there is a half degree difference!! It even has a lit up larger screen.

Wantanerd - your giving me hope because I spotted this cycle for a day and a half which I thought af was on her way, and no show still....that has never happened to me before. I am hoping its a good sign.

My second scan revealed a heartbeat!!!! We even got to hear it! It was faint since it's early but during my scan next week they said it would be much louder.

Keep up the positivity ladies!

My second scan revealed a heartbeat!!!! We even got to hear it! It was faint since it's early but during my scan next week they said it would be much louder.

Keep up the positivity ladies!

YAY! Thats super exciting!!!!! Omg I can only imagine how you felt!
:cloud9::baby::happydance:

So I'm feeling encouraged. Thank you for all the kind words and positivity! I got a new thermometer and yes my temperatures were higher, but they're barely over my coverline. I've read that sometimes temps just don't matter and I'm trying now not to put too much stock in them. I actually had to put in a positive opk on the day FF originally thought I ovulated to get my crosshairs back (they disappeared for a couple days). This month has been so different from all the others. For one, I never get ovulating pains and I can almost swear that I felt something in my left ovary on cd12. I've had weird twinges that I've never experienced before in my right ovary so I'm hoping that's the cysts bursting and cleaning out. But who knows, maybe it's a little bean saying "hello!" These twinges only started after the big dip in my chart so I'm wondering if it could be. I'm still gonna wait and see and not test until my birthday.

I hope everyone is doing well. Again thank you for all your kind words. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->