The Positively Positive thread of Positivity!*66 Positive Thinkers 24 BFPs so far!!!*

I will! I have to keep them a secret until xmas and I don't know how I will keep anything from my mother for that long so I will need to show people =)

Hi ladies!
Thinking about all of you! Hoping everyone get that BFP very soon!

Here is my update! I'm currnetly 30 weeks and have 10 weeks to go! I just saw my lil girl on 4d this past weekend and is she cute! They said she had very full lips and fat face... It has made all the pills and shots WORTH it. I can feel her move around so much now and she seems to love ELIVS music and kicks her feet to all the time!

I wishing all you wonderful TTC ladies a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Baby dust to all!!!

Irish! Thats super nice!!! How cool that she likes Elvis! (i do too!)

I'm new here. Now on 10 DPO and I can't wait to test. Not much symptoms only intense heartburn. Has anyone tried that? Hoping for the best and baby dust to all!

Welcome Adoraza!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

Yet another crap doctor!!!!!! This time hubby was with me and I haven't seen him so pissed. This doctor bullied me, guilt tripped me, wouldn't measure the baby and insisted I was only 14 weeks 4 days when I haven't been measured since 7 weeks and I was measuring one day behind. How do I go a week behind when I haven't been measured?????????

Then she accused me of risking my baby's life! She played the I know better because I am a doctor card and wouldn't even listen. She accused me of only looking at forum posts when I researched staying on metformin when I looked at medical journals! I was treated horribly and was not even listened to. She wouldn't even print me out an ultrasound pic of the baby!

There was no point in fighting with her and once she was done, hubby grabbed a comment card right in front of her. We left the room and he immediately said you are never seeing this doctor again. Its pretty bad if my husband gets angry.

So I am doing the three hour glucose test Monday just to shut the doctor up. I am going to try to talk to the patient advocate and see if they will let me switch to civilian doctors. One thing is for sure, I am NOT giving birth at the army hospital.

Rescheduled u/s next week for Thursday just to be on the safe side with size. (there is no way in hell I am only 14 weeks right now). Thursday next week puts me at 16w 4d by lmp or 16w2d by ovulation date.

I am hoping the patient advocate listens and at least orders an ultrasound just to calm my fears about her refusal to measure the baby or to print me a picture.

Wantanerd - I'm sorry you had to go through that!! What a bitch! I would get a new doctor as well!!!

Ladies! Baby dust to you all!
I must admit I need encouragement! To make a long story short...
I have been off birth control for 5 years (have never been pregnant), and actively trying for a year and a half! Went to fertility clinic, after a gazillion tests, it was concluded that I have "unexplained fertility"...
Money has been tight lately....so fertility treatments have been put on hold
Decided to try other things first. Note: to make matters worse, husband has trouble reaching the big "O" normally, nevermind when he has the pressures of knowing we are trying to conceive. After some research, I came up with the idea to try the "turkey baster method" That was he can have his privacy, "O" at his own pace, than I can proceed to use my medicine dropper to inseminate. Have done it three times so far. He has been giving me two samples a day! He is much more capable of reaching "O" when he's not under pressure! Yay! One problem solved. Anyway ladies, I need some inspiration. There is nothing I want more in this dear world than to have a baby! I have been praying and thinking positive!:winkwink: Please share any similar stories, especially if you were able to finally get pregnant without medical intervention! Would really keep my hopes up =):hugs: Good luck to all you beautiful ladies! =)

Snow angel - I wish you the best of luck on this crazy journey!

Welcome princessbump, adoraza, and snow angel! I will add you ladies to the list on page 2!

Irishbaby! Thanks SO much for coming back to update us with the news about your baby!

Wantanerd....I'm super sorry to hear about your bad doctor experience. Have you ever considered using a midwife? I've learned a lot about them in the past few weeks and I'm definitely going to use one if I ever get pregnant. It just makes sense b/c they seem to be a lot more understanding of your needs as a woman and mother. I'm not saying that doctors are evil, quite the contrary actually, it's just that it makes more sense to use a midwife b/c ob/gyn's are trained surgeons and at least in America, doctors and insurance companies view pregnancy as a state of illness as opposed to a state of health. Did you know that the US is #41 out of 45 developed countries in infant/maternal mortality rates as of August 2011? That's insane when you consider the US is, or at least used to be, the wealthiest country in the world. Actually I find that kind of pathetic. Anyway, midwives usually know a lot more about childbearing than ob/gyn's. If I were giving birth and something was going terribly wrong, then yes, I would most certainly trust an ob/gyn to save me and my baby, but for the most part I just don't think hospitals are necessary. Sorry for the long rant. Research it, maybe you'll be surprised by what you find and hopefully have a better experience in the future.

I'm new to this website so hi!

My partner and I have been TTC for some time. We sadly had MC last month. Have had my first period but now feeling even more desperate than before to become pregnant. I had my first child 14 years ago. I conceived straight away with him because I was only 17. I haven't been able to since; although have only been really trying for just over a year. I'm just gutted because it took so long to get pregnant, had really strong symptoms then miscarried. I still question if I did anything to cause it. The hospital didn't help. They wouldn't scan me for three days and I was bleeding heavily. Traumatising...

Opera, since I am considered high risk, the military won't let me use a mid wife. I wish I could because I am not in the mood to deal with more crap doctors that know nothing about you. The military system is crazy to deal with and I am looking into how I can get to off base doctors and hospitals. I know for sure I am not delivering at the army hospital. I refuse.

We talked to a patient advocate and we are waiting to hear from the head nurse of the OB clinic to see what we can work out. I am hoping the least they will do is another ultrasound where they measure the baby and not just guess my due date. I already switched doctors but I am super nervous about continuing with this clinic since this is the second doctor who I didn't like. At least the first doctor was professional this second one wasn't.

Getting nervous with the three hour glucose test tomorrow. I am really upset about this since I was hoping I would get a doctor to work with me instead of insisting what I wanted to do (monitor my blood sugar, use metformin to control it and diet) was risking the life of my baby. I just hope tomorrow's results show I am fine and the one hour test was a false positive like 2/3rds of people get.

Hi Ladies!

I tested this morning and got a very faint positive line. I attached the picture here as I really do not know what to think of it. :shrug: Will visit the doc in 3 days. Currently, I am 13DPO. What do you think ladies? Does it look positive or negative to you? Would appreciate any thoughts or comments... :hugs: Thankshttps://i42.tinypic.com/jta25u.jpg

Hi Ladies,:flower:

I could really use with some positivity around me...so please add me.

Adoraza - i definetely see aline there...:happydance:

Adoraza, I see a line i think you have your BFP! Let us know.

I need positive energy today as I go and take the three hour glucose test! Drinking concentrated pedialite and getting blood drawn four times added to my fear of having gestational diabetes does not make for a fun day! Lets hope my 1 hour test proves to be a false positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->