The Positively Positive thread of Positivity!*66 Positive Thinkers 24 BFPs so far!!!*

Oh Irish!!!! Shes beautiful!! what a cutie pie!!! Little Princess!!!

So the mobile finally arrived! I have my mom making a winnie the pooh wall hanging for behind the crib and am searching craigslist for the classic pooh rug they used to make. But I am happy with the nursery. Hope you like the pics!

Attachments

• spring 2012 009 (Small).jpg
    spring 2012 009 (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
  • spring 2012 008 (Small).jpg
    spring 2012 008 (Small).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
  • spring 2012 007 (Small).jpg
    spring 2012 007 (Small).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
  • spring 2012 006 (Small).jpg
    spring 2012 006 (Small).jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 4
  • spring 2012 005 (Small).jpg
    spring 2012 005 (Small).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
Wantanerd - awwwwwwwwww I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Super cute!!!!!!!

She's beautiful Irish!!

I Love it wantanerd!!! too precious!!

What a stunner irish cant belive how much hair she has :)
Lovely nursery wantanerd love classic pooh :) x x x

Hey everyone! SO sorry I haven't posted in forever. Lots of papers for grad schools...

Anyway, how is everyone doing? Any updates?

Wantanerd....your nursery is so sweet!
Nautegesocks...you're almost there!!! I can't believe you only have two weeks left!

Does anyone know what metformin does? My doc just put me on it b/c I think I'm insulin resistant...not sure if the pcos is causing that of if that is causing the pcos. Either way, I really really hope metformin helps. Wantanerd, didn't you suggest it a little while ago? Do you know more about it?

Hope to hear from you ladies soon!

Oh, also, I've decided to change the name of this thread to the "Positively positive thread of positivity!" So if you have trouble finding this thread that's probably why.

Opera, I have been on it on and off for almost 10 years now. I am still on in now as it reduces risk of miscarriage and gestational diabetes.
Metformin works to regulate sugars in insulin resistant PCOS. The side effects at first are not pretty and I recommend a low carb diet. Any time I ate sugar or too many carbs, I was in the bathroom. But now I am used to it. Metformin did help me lose 50 pounds while sticking to a low carb diet. It helped regulate my period once I lost weight. It has also been shown to help clomid work in women TTC.

My SIL was put on it to help her get pregnant for a third time. She wasn't insulin resistant and it helped her regulate her mild PCOS. It was one of the meds I was on when I conceived in September. It is my PCOS wonder drug.

Positively love the new name Opera!

I hope all you ladies are doing great! I'm in ovulation limbo, waiting for a temp increase.. I'm not medicated this month so I'm not sure what my cycle will do?!

Glad to hear from you ladies!!!

Opera - Hope it works for you! I have heard about it, but was never put on it. Maybe it will shorten your cycles and help you O properly!

Wantanerd - Its getting close!!! How do you feel?

Wantababy - Hope you O soon!

No good news from me. DH did a SA a few weeks ago and we got bad news...no sperm what so ever! He went the other day to the urologist for more testing. Doc said he has a few extra veins by one ball that could be causing a blockage or it could be hormonal. Waiting for the blood tests to come back and he will be doing another SA hopefully by friday. Most likely our only route will be IVF. Hopefully he has sperm in his testies and its just a block of some sort. Very upsetting...its been a nightmare so far. I found a thread on here with some wonderful ladies, its helped a lot. Until we find out whats the main problem it will be a while...hopefully not that long. Its all a waiting game so far.

I am feeling good so far, the tiredness has set in again. He's so active right now. Thankfully I have still been able to sleep. I am hoping this means he will sleep through the night quickly! (I can dream). Otherwise I am counting down the days. I can't believe its been 32 weeks already.

Sorry to hear about the bad SA Stinas. But theres a good chance there are swimmers in his testes.

I hope so wantanerd! I really do hope so because I highly doubt he will be up to doing donor sperm...and im not sure if im even ready to think that far yet...hopefully it wont have to resort to that.
32 weeks! Wow...I feel like that went super fast! Sleep is good! lol You might not be able to get much later lol You never know though. My friend had and still has it easy when it comes to sleep. It all depends on the baby really. Im soo excited for you!

When we thought Dh was (part of) the cause and the Dr told us IVF was the only way, the first thing out of his mouth when he got home was well theres always donor sperm. It was really nice to know that he wasn't going to let that get in the way of us having kids or me experiencing pregnancy. I am glad the Dr was wrong (it was a morphology issue) but IVF wasn't an option for us at the time.
But I am sure it will work out for you.

Time has definitely flown since 12 weeks along. It felt like forever to get from 4 weeks to 12 weeks but since then I can't believe its already April. I am lucky this has been a relatively easy pregnancy. I am just hoping he doesn't want to stay in longer than my due date. That's my biggest worry now.

Awww im so sorry stinas hope you get better news at your next apointment good luck :)

Opera i can not belive how fast its gone cant wait for her to get here now im hoping she decides to come a little early as im booked for induction on my due date due to my gd . im on metformin at the moment too i havnt found it too bad good luck with it hope it helps :)

Glad your enjoying your pregnancy wantanerd not long to go now :)

Sending everyone loads of baby :dust:

wantanerd - Thank you...its gives me hope! I heard boys come later and girls come early? I guess it depends on the baby. I hope he comes on time!!!

nautegesocks - wow...its almost time!!!! Do you feel like shes going to come early?

Im not sure shes been head down from 31 weeks and fully engaged @36 weeks so hoping that means shes ready lol but she seems so comfy and snuggled so i dont think she wants to come out been having quite bad braxton hicks the last few days and i have a sweep next week hoping that helps move things along :)

aww! Im excited for you!!!!
All you all ready to go?

Yea been ready since 37 weeks due to the fact that im super organised bit also docs wernt sure when they wanted to induce due to my gd a bubba being a chunk luckly shes not too big now and is mesuring avarage so letting me go to my due date :) :yay:
sending positive vibes and thankyous to all the lovely ladies in thiw thread who not only have been lovely throughout my pregnancy but were there when ttc was getting harder i hope you all get your little bundles very soon :dust: feeling a little sentimental today lovely hormones :)

Thank you everyone for the info about metformin...I think I'm finally on the right track. Wantanerd...50 lbs is exactly what I need to lose so that makes me excited!

Stinas I am so, so sorry to hear that about your hubby. I have so much hope for you though, I really do. You and I have had to fight the hardest but it will work out, I just know it. Wantanerd I hope you don't mind if I use you as an example, but if you can get pregnant any of us can. :flower:

Keep your chin up Stinas and don't lose faith. It will happen when it's supposed to. :)

I don't mind at all =). Part of me still can't believe I am 7 and a half months pregnant. But my first step in the process was to lose weight. I lost 50 pounds in about 6 months with low carb, 75 ounces of water a day and exercising 4-5 days a week. My cheat was eating sushi once a week with my mom and having one glass of wine a week.

And now even though I gained some back during the fertility treatment process, I have only gained 14 pounds this pregnancy so far and the Dr says if I stay under gaining 20lbs, it should all go away and then some by 6 weeks after I give birth. The metformin has helped with that as well.

I think he will be late only because both Dh and I were 10 days late but I am super punctual now. I am also at 38 weeks going to start walking, eating lots of eggplant and hope I can get things moving. I have lots of people visiting in June and it will be better if he comes out right before his due date. But babies do have a mind of their own!

Definitely keep up hope! Everything is possible! It doesn't always happen right when you want it, but it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->