The Positively Positive thread of Positivity!*66 Positive Thinkers 24 BFPs so far!!!*

So I had a bit of a revelation yesterday. Throughout the process of TTC, I've been so worried what everyone would think if I got pregnant, especially how my hubby would react. I've always wanted it to be a positive, happy day when I got my BFP, but was so afraid it would be a scary, "oh crap" moment, especially for my hubby b/c we've been struggling a bit with finances lately. Things are starting to really work out for us in the money department. It's still hard but provision is coming. Anyway, yesterday I was in the car with DH and he said, out of nowhere, that he was getting excited by the prospect of me being pregnant. That's when it hit me...his thoughts on the matter are really important to me, so important that I think they might have hindered my ability to get pregnant all this time. As for everyone else in our families, I've decided their opinion doesn't matter all that much. My having a baby really won't affect them nearly as much as it will affect DH and me so why spend the energy worrying about it?

Now all thoughts of pregnancy and children are surrounded by peace, warmth, happiness and even comfort in knowing that God will provide if He has blessed us with this most wonderful gift.

I'm sharing this in hopes that it will touch but one of you ladies in a way that could change your perspective on TTC. No matter what happens this month or in the months to come, things will work out in ways we probably didn't expect. :flower:

Yeah, my hubs has been more receptive too which makes me feel better. Good luck!!!
:flower:

Ok I'm in desperate need of some of your positivity ladies! My best friend is pregnant (unplanned of course) and up until this point I have done pretty well being really excited for her. Going shopping for baby things, seeing her ever growing belly, and I even went to one of her doctor's appointments when her husband couldn't make it. But the last few days we've been together I've really started struggling. She complains constantly about being fat. She is always telling me I'm so lucky that I have a flat stomach, and she's embarrassed to even be seen. Today while she was complaining to another person about how terribly uncomfortable she is, I had to walk away because I burst into tears. I know the clomid is making me more emotional then usual, but I would do ANYTHING to have a belly like hers!! When she whines about all the little things that come along with pregnancy, I want to yell how lucky she is! She knows how long my DH and I have been TTC, and she knows all the ins and outs of the struggles we have come across from the doctors to meds to insurance. Feeling a little down today...sorry for such a long rant. Thanks for understanding the insanity of TTC. :)

I hear you BellyHopeful! That would make me mad. Perhaps it would help both of you if you make a point of saying comments like, "oh but think of the joy you'll have when you have a baby in your arms" or, "Well, the pain and annoyance is worth the precious life inside you." That way, you're not directly telling her to quit her complaining and it will also help her realize what a gift she has. I think it might also help you during the TTC process by reminding you that your turn WILL come one day.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that b/c the TTC process can be SO trying. :flower:

Bellyhopeful - arghhh! That would drive me insane. If she didnt know what you were going through then I would understand, but otherwise it is totally tactless. I had MIL (who knows) last weekend tell me how luck my DH and I were to have lie-ins and not to have to get up at 4am to feed a baby like my SIL - that drove me mad as we would love to be getting up at 4am to feed a baby!! I didnt say anything at the time and kind f wish I did. But I think Opera lady's suggestion is great - every time she complains you say how lucky she is.

I truely dont think anyone who hasnt been through this ever really understands how hard it is and I';m sure she is not trying to cause you pain. Good luck.

Operalady and MrsMax,
Thank you so much for your kind words. They brought much needed comfort to my heart, and I think your suggestion is a really good one. It's amazing that I can find support from people that I don't even know more reassuring then the loved ones around me. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy days to read my thoughts and respond with such kindness. :hugs:
Now, back to being positive!!!! I'm on CD 10 and armed with OPK's to try SMEP this month! I think a March baby sounds PERFECT! :happydance:
How are you ladies?! BFP's all around this month!!!

Operalady and MrsMax,
Thank you so much for your kind words. They brought much needed comfort to my heart, and I think your suggestion is a really good one. It's amazing that I can find support from people that I don't even know more reassuring then the loved ones around me. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy days to read my thoughts and respond with such kindness. :hugs:
Now, back to being positive!!!! I'm on CD 10 and armed with OPK's to try SMEP this month! I think a March baby sounds PERFECT! :happydance:
How are you ladies?! BFP's all around this month!!!

Sounds like your friend needs to get a clue! I am entering my TWW as of today. We BD'd on CD 6,8, 10,11, and 12 and BOY am I TIRED! Also used preseed for the first time. Hopefully one of those spermies was waiting for the egg. We'll see. Good luck to all!

AllisonH, Sounds like you got the job done this month!! What day did you ovulate? Did you like the preseed? My DH and I LOVE it. We sometimes even use it when I'm not fertile :)
Can't wait to see a pic of that BFP in 2 weeks!!!

AllisonH, Sounds like you got the job done this month!! What day did you ovulate? Did you like the preseed? My DH and I LOVE it. We sometimes even use it when I'm not fertile :)
Can't wait to see a pic of that BFP in 2 weeks!!!

I THINK I ovulated yesterday (CD 12). I don't temp, but I have a regular 25/26 day cycle and various ovulation calendars had me either ovulating on day 11 or day 12. I had some cramping yesterday, so maybe it was ovulation cramping?

Yes, I liked the preseed. Felt very natural...I only used 1gm, not 3 like it recommended. I read from others that 3 was way too much, so I'm glad I only used 1. It was just the right amount.

Woohoo sounds like you're gonna catch that egg this month! Praying for you!!

Wedding was wonderful, whats not is waiting in the airport for three hours before your flight. But the wedding provided a great distraction and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Friday is only a few days away. I know I could buy a test as I will be 12 dpo tomorrow but I'll wait for the blood test. I am hopeful today which is good. Over the weekend I wasn't as much.
Now to clean for my mom's visit on thursday.

Yay wantanerd! GL and FX'd for your beautiful and bright BFP!!!!

As for me, my temp dipped below my coverline yesterday and shot way up today. I'm 13DPO and had a BFN with FMU. Still no sign of AF...I'm SO confused. My chart has been a bit erratic lately so I really don't know what to make of it other than I've slept in a different place on some of the low temp days.

Here's my chart....I would really appreciate some opinions! I'm feeling depressed today!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/359707

Operalady,
I'm sooo excited to see what your temperature does tomorrow! Possible late implantation? When is AF due? Hope that temp continues to go up!! Keep us updated! :)

AF is supposedly due the 16th so I'm going to do my best to not test until then or the day after. Maybe I'll get a father's day BFP!

Hi ladies!
Here is my story :
I’m new to this site. I have been TTC for almost a year now. I got my first BFP July ended Aug 2010
Started trying again a month later with a BFP in 12/19/2010 ended 12/28/10 at 5 weeks.
After all this I found out I have what they call Factor V and early ovulation. So I’m on lovenox when I get PG and my doctor put me on clomid 50mg and waiting to see if Aunt Flow comes. If she does we go for round two for clomid.
I hope all of us get our BFP soon!!!

I wanted to share a quote with you ladies:
Positive affirmations are a proven technique to help you make positive changes in your life and to take the negativity out.

Hi Irishbaby! Welcome to the positive thread! I'll add you to the list on pg 2!

I'm sorry to hear about your angel babies. Maybe this time around things will work out much better for you since they figured out what was going on. FX'd for your BFP!

My temp went up today!!!!!! AF due tomorrow and my temp went up!!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!

good luck opera_lady24!!

I'm not new to this site at all, but have been TTC #1 for around 18 months now.

Going to start Clomid tomorrow and doing the scan next week and then IUI 1st round!

I'M two days from AF..... took a test today with a very faint line after 1 min...
Called my ob and said to wait to take a blood test till I miss my period!!! It feels liKE forever!!! Keep me in your prayers and send postive toughts my way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->