The Ramblers

yeah hardly any clothes fit megan right as shes long and thin so there either too small in the length or too big in the body! carn't win!
you enjoying your time at your parents?

yes its great at my parents, but I do miss Oh

I have been getting rather broody lol, its funny how fast you forget how much you didnt like pregnancy or labour

yeah i know what u mean ive totally forgot about the pain when i was in labour!↲Glad your having a good time! Hope there letting you have a rest.↲Arn't parents great!!!

Totally random post :D Has anyone else noticed the lack of bubbles when you wash up bottles? I use fairy and its really bubbly when i wash the dishes, but when i wash bottles there are no bubbles :s

Morning all!
How is everyone today??
Ended up with megan in my bed last night because as soon as i put her in her moses basket she screamed!:nope:
She knows how to get her own way already!
I really don't want to let her get into that habit my bed isn't big enough!

Going to get her weighed again today. I'm praying shes put a bit of weight on and ive also got a docs appointment for her to get her checked for tongue tie and to get her some more stuff for her oral thrush!
It finally looks like its clearing up!!!:happydance:

Dopeyjopey thanks ill have a look at that one as i really don't want to be going out with this sling on would bring far too much attention to myself!!!

Poppy hates sleeping in her Moses Basket too-she much prefers snuggling up to me in our bed, but I'm trying not to let her too often as I don't want her to get into that habit. She sometimes comes into our bed for an hour or so after her 5.30am feed, but we are usually wide awake by then. It's so cute, all three of us all snuggled up in bed.:cloud9: (well Poppy spread out in the middle and myself and hubbie hanging off the edges :haha:)

Does anyone's little one look like they are outgrowing the Moses Basket though?? Poppy is so long.. she is in the 91st percentile for height/length (tall like her 6ft2 daddy), so I don't think she will be in it for much longer but I don't quite want her sleeping in her nursery all by herself for a few more months :cry: She just so little! (despite being big, if you know what i mean... YOUNG!! that's what I mean) :dohh:

Ive had a nice few days with Poppy.. she has been sleeping through from 11pm until 6am.. until last night! :hissy: she woke up at 3am, then 5.30am.. I was soo tired I was mean to hubby and called him a C U Next Tuesday for no reason :blush:.. he laughed it off and forgave me though, he knows Im a devil woman when Im tired :)

Hope everyone is okay :)

Let us know how much she weighs Jess... x

yeah megans was inbetween 98 and 99.6 centile for length at birth!! she was 55cm! not had her measured since then. arn't they meant to measure them when they get weighed???
ill probebly end up bringing the cot into our room when she grows out of the moses basket! don't want her in a different room plus it would make life easier for me as when shes trying to go to sleep she always knocks her dummy out so i would be up and down like a yo-yo goin in when she crys for it!:wacko:

how long was poppy at birth?

I can't remember :blush: how long she was at birth..Ive looked through her red book but still can't find anything about her length at birth. She is 59 cm long now though.. or even a little more because that was a week and a half ago.

We have no room for Poppy's cot in our room and we have all fitted wardrobes, and no extra space really. We will just have to keep her in her moses basket for as long as possible.. and ill have to just deal with it when she does into her own room... it will be exhausting though, as like you, ill be up and down putting her dummy back in :)

yes its great at my parents, but I do miss Oh

I have been getting rather broody lol, its funny how fast you forget how much you didnt like pregnancy or labour

I know.. straight after labour I swore I'd never go through that again, but as time goes on I'm starting to forget how bad the pain was. I'd definitely like another baby, but not yet; I want to enjoy Poppy on her own for a while first! Maybe in a couple of years we will think about giving Pops a little brother or sister.

Totally random post :D Has anyone else noticed the lack of bubbles when you wash up bottles? I use fairy and its really bubbly when i wash the dishes, but when i wash bottles there are no bubbles :s

ME!!!! I have to use loads and loads to get a good foam. I had used sainsburys own and this was even worse, not one bubble! I think the formula must be really greasy or something, because I notice it too on the bottles and teats if I haven't really scrubbed them - or Chris has washed them :haha:

Been away the last couple of days, tinternet was down so using my phone and it takes FOREVER to write anything....but now I'm back! Haha hope you're all well???

My eldest is away on his holidays tomorrow with my Dad, I'm really looking forward to the peace and quiet, he's been like my shadow through the holidays! Much clingier now that Noah is here :nope: I just hope it gets a bit better soon!!!

Now I'll go catch up on the thread lol

ME!!!! I have to use loads and loads to get a good foam. I had used sainsburys own and this was even worse, not one bubble! I think the formula must be really greasy or something, because I notice it too on the bottles and teats if I haven't really scrubbed them - or Chris has washed them :haha:

Been away the last couple of days, tinternet was down so using my phone and it takes FOREVER to write anything....but now I'm back! Haha hope you're all well???

My eldest is away on his holidays tomorrow with my Dad, I'm really looking forward to the peace and quiet, he's been like my shadow through the holidays! Much clingier now that Noah is here :nope: I just hope it gets a bit better soon!!!

Glad its not just me, lol. Do you use dentinox? I think that makes the bottles greasy.

I know what you mean about clingy older children. DS is always hanging off my arm when i have Finn. He is being really lovely, kissing and trying to cuddle him, but its really hard work trying to settle a baby with someone hanging off your arm. I would feel bad asking him not to though, so i just try to manage, lol. I havent figured out a way of explaining that him trying to cuddle his lil bro, or help me to settle him is actually getting in the way. Last thing i want to do is make him feel left out.

Glad its not just me, lol. Do you use dentinox? I think that makes the bottles greasy.

I know what you mean about clingy older children. DS is always hanging off my arm when i have Finn. He is being really lovely, kissing and trying to cuddle him, but its really hard work trying to settle a baby with someone hanging off your arm. I would feel bad asking him not to though, so i just try to manage, lol. I havent figured out a way of explaining that him trying to cuddle his lil bro, or help me to settle him is actually getting in the way. Last thing i want to do is make him feel left out.

:dohh: I never even thought of that! Yes I do use it!!! How bizarre....but I'll still put it in, much easier that skooshing it into his mouth lol

Same here, I had to tell him to get out the bathroom the other night, it's tiny, and there was me bathing Noah, Chris standing with a towel, and Luke trying to get in on all the action! Our bathroom is cramped with one person in it :haha: I've had to give him other jobs to do instead, keeps him away for a few minutes at least.
I came down the stairs yesterday and Noah was in his nest, and Luke's standing over him holding a tissue.....so I asked what was happening, and he proceeded to tell me that Noah had been a bit windy, but it's ok because he had burped him and he'd just been a wee bit sick! Now I appreciate the help, bless him, but I crapped it!!!! One wriggle and he'd have been on the floor :(

Aw bless, that's so sweet that they want to help out! Albert met his half brother and sister the other day. Unfortunately I didn't get to see their reactions as I had to wait in the car to avoid any 'incidents' with their mum. I hate that we can't all be civil - I want him to get to know them because he might never get another brother or sister :nope:

Do any of you know anything about benefits? I've just discovered work don't pay what I thought they did and I'm bricking it now!

sorry don't know much about benefits you could always go to the job centre and ask them for advice or go on the direct gov website.
i need to go there to ask about working tax credits as i don't know if i can get them being self employed.

has anyone experienced their lo's fontanelle sinks in and pulses????
megan has just finished feeding and its sunken right in and is pulsing:shrug:
i thought a sunken one was a sign of dehydration but surely she carn't be dehydrated after feeding?!
would appreciate all your comments.

I avoid looking at A's fontanelle because it makes me feel a bit :sick: I'm such a wimp!

It is normal for it to be a little sunken and pulsing. It has to be VERY sunken for dehydration (half an inch or so) x

Dopey try going onto entitledto website. If you and fob dont live together then you only claim for yourself, and dont fill in his details. You will be entitled to tax credits i would have thought. x

Hey jess. Finns is slightly sunken and i can see it pulsing. Its always been that way. Maybe if your lo's has suddenly sunk you could call NHS direct and ask their advice. Its probably nothing but better to be safe than sorry x

How much do your lo's weigh can i ask? Just had Finn weighed and he is 13lb 4 :s He is 7 weeks tomorrow. He is on the 91st percentile for weight and 75th for length.

Thanks it just worried me a bit.
dopeyjopey just curious does alberts have runny poos all the time also does he poo often??
megan does all the time but the midwise said its because theirs nothing in breast milk that megan doesn't need.

megan weighed 9lbs yesterday and she was 7 weeks yesterday.
shes been a slow gainer though.

Dopey try going onto entitledto website. If you and fob dont live together then you only claim for yourself, and dont fill in his details. You will be entitled to tax credits i would have thought. x

Hey jess. Finns is slightly sunken and i can see it pulsing. Its always been that way. Maybe if your lo's has suddenly sunk you could call NHS direct and ask their advice. Its probably nothing but better to be safe than sorry x

I don't really know if its always like it as i have only just noticed it!! although it seems to have raised back up now! It looks really scary when its pulsing! how wierd.
Yeah still think i'm goin to give them a ring. is the number different for different areas??

How much do your lo's weigh can i ask? Just had Finn weighed and he is 13lb 4 :s He is 7 weeks tomorrow. He is on the 91st percentile for weight and 75th for length.

Poppy was last weighed a week and a half ago at her 6 week check.. she weighed 11lb1oz (76th percentile) and measured 59cm for length (91st percentile)... but she will obviously be much bigger/heavier than that now (a week and a half later)!

Thanks scampie - I had a look and there is quite a bit I should be entitled to. And if they won't give me it I'll just leave work and they'll have to then! I can't go back to work while A is still this tiny :cry:

ETA - Don't know how much A weighs, I might take him next week! I'd guess at about 12lbs though! Jess - yep, Albert poos mustard. With slightly grainy bits in it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->