The Ramblers

Baby led weaning is that you give LO food and let them feed themself.

With traditional you use jars or puree stuff and spoon feed.

Think I'm going to do BLW as I am a fussy eater and I don't want A to be the same!

Oh right thanks! Can both be done/a combination? I'd like to make up my own purees and stuff but would also like to give Pops some finger food and let her feed herself? Or is that not good? :shrug:

I think with BLW it's important that they can sit up straight (with or without support) so that they don't choke. You can definitely do a bit of both, but you might find once you start spoon feeding Poppy will expect you to do it all the time and might not be so good with the finger food. You could always try spoon feeding her a few times and then just putting the bowl with a spoon for her to help herself. You can get angled spoons for babies as it's easier for them :thumbup:

You need a floor covering and a mahoosive bib for BLW!

I think with BLW it's important that they can sit up straight (with or without support) so that they don't choke. You can definitely do a bit of both, but you might find once you start spoon feeding Poppy will expect you to do it all the time and might not be so good with the finger food. You could always try spoon feeding her a few times and then just putting the bowl with a spoon for her to help herself. You can get angled spoons for babies as it's easier for them :thumbup:

You need a floor covering and a mahoosive bib for BLW!

Poppy can sit up straight so that's fine and I have wooden floors so no carpet will be stained in the process :haha: I will have to have a little think about all this. It's mind boggling!

OOOOOoooooooooh.. I've spoken to Mum and I've rang the estate agent to say I'll have the house. Yaaaaaaay! :happydance:

aww yey! I love the feeling when i get a new house to move into! Ive got to start house hunting my tenancy runs out next month. I was pg last time i moved so nobody would let me help so this time they will probs make me do everything!

BLW sounds very messy! I havent got a clue about when i should start weaning megan. She only takes 5 oz bottles so dont think shes ready yet. How do you know?

Yey Jo! Bet your well pleased. It looks really nice. Id love a kitchen like that, mine is tiny!

Im not sure about this, but i think i read somewhere that you shouldnt try BLW till they are 6 months due to their suck reflex. I like the idea of BLW but after reading that, i was going to wait and see at what point i start weaning him. If he is 6 months then ill go for it, if not ill have to research some more. I found a site i found really informative if any1 wants to check it out:
https://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/
Check out the beginners section.

ANyone doing anything exciting tonight? Ive been so slack with my house work, i really need to get my arse in gear tomorrow! Its not actually dirty or anything, but the kitchen has bits laying about n my room is like a junk fest, lol! Just cant find the get up and go after everything hasd been done, lol x

Yes I read that to Gem

I want to test out my coil tonight if you get my drift

Lol! Go suggest that to your OH! Sounds very romantic...Come on love..time to test the old coil!

If i wean b4 6 months, i think ill try avocado first like that site suggests you can. Everything sam ate was jars and packets. I wanna keep as far away from that this time as poss. I know sometimes its convenient, but if im prepared and have a couple of days a week where i prep and freeze food, im pretty sure i can keep up. Thats if i dont do BLW though obv. Gah its a mine field of "ifs" isnt it, lol! AT the minute he still seems perfectly happy with his milk, so no rush. Im just awaiting the torrent of nagging ill get now he is pretty much 4 months! If i hear..."back when i had mine" one more time...Lol!

When we got to swimming today we got told our swimming lessons have been cancelled after next week :( Not enough people to make it viable. It was just me n Finn today, lol. We do the same thing each week though, so its nothing i cant repeat on my own. It was just nice to go along to. Ive got a membership and its free for finn to go, so we can still swim lots x

Gem, i get it too. 'aw look, he wants some! Give him a chip!' :growlmad:

That's a shame about the swimming. I want to take A swimming but all my money will go to the house now. Plus i get all anxious if i have to take my glasses off to go in the pool :blush:

Ooh, i heard a woman from the class before us talking about prescription goggles! SHe said they were £25 from boots. Obv you dont want to do a whole lesson in goggles, lol. But maybe it would help to know they are there if you need to take your glasses off? The instructor wears her normal glasses for swimming lessons x

FInn had a teenie bit of apple sauce the other day from my apple crumble, lol. Bad mummy, all sugary n badddddd! But he looked rather happy with it. Mind you the glaring at my crumble which followed was not enough to guilt me into sharing any more!

Have you got any furniture or anything or are you starting completely from scratch? Are you excited? I would love to get a bigger place with a bigger garden. I was brought up with big gardens and i think i took the space for granted as a kiddy. WIsh my 2 could have it as well :( Ive got a poxy little garden and its shingled cos the dog is huge and when he does laps of it in the winter he kicks up the grass and it turns to a muddy slop...Not something u want all over your carpets! Note to self...No more greyhounds, lol!

Fiiiiiiiinnnnaaaalllllly got Poppy to sleep. She is taking forever to settle for the night this week. Once she is asleep she sleeps right through- it just takes hours to get her to sleep! :growlmad: She wouldn't go to sleep until 2am the other night. I wonder if she is unsettled because her daddy isn't around? :shrug:

I'm exhausted now. Watching Question time because I am so exciting. :haha:

It could be susie. Babies are so good at picking up our emotions and can feel them too. Means she'll be super happy when daddy gets back!

I have quite a bit of furniture from when i lived in my flat. I left all my kitchenware for my tenants though :( don't know if my corner sofa will fit (wrong bloody corner!) so might have to get a new one. Need a little kitchen table and some side tables but got everything else (i think!) I'm scared now.

Don't be scared Jo... it's overwhelming but exciting! You don't have to make everything perfect straight away. Just take your time and do things/buy things when you can.

I'm craving olives!

Ohhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyy Goooodnessss! Has anyone tried to upload pics on facebook lately? It's taking forever! Was gonna upload a video of Poppy but I don't think I'll bother now; Ill be here all night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->