The Ramblers

Poppy never needs to fall asleep on me or in my arms. She just likes to lie all spread out and play with a teddy bear until she is too tired, then she just puts her head to one side and goes asleep. I should be grateful for that actually.

The problem for me with wanting wine, as that we have a few bottles in the fridge and more in the wine rack.. so it's just there, calling me. :haha:

Ive just googled to see what age people start doing it.

I found the baby whisperer forum, which is entirely dedicated to pick up put down method. Just thought it might be helpful x

https://www.babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=31.0

This is what was said about what age to use the method

This is a tricky question. You should definitely not use it below three months of age as babies below three months old are too stimulated with the picking up and putting down and they burn far too many calories in the process. Between 3-4 months is a bit of a gray area. For many babies, pu/pd may still be too stimulating and, therefore, unsuccessful.

For babies younger than four months, the primary babywhisperer tool for sleep training should be the “Four S” wind down and the shush-pat method. To wean a pacifier in a young infant, consider trying the Gradual Weaning Process; to wean feeding-to-sleep in a young infant, consider trying the Gentle Removal Plan.

Generally, you can use a version of pu/pd with a baby of four months or over; however, even some four month olds are not ready for it so you should always try shush-pat in the first instance. It’s best to wait as long as you can; generally by 5-6 months most babies are ready for PU/PD. Again, it’s best used if all other methods have been tried and have failed.

yeah just don't put it on baby club! :wacko:

I think I missed some part of the conversation but can't figure out what? What is he too young for and what shouldn't be put in Baby Club? :blush:

The way eliese is getting him to sleep. Picking him up when he cries then putting him down again.

Im not sure how im going to get him out of falling asleep on me at night. Generally he falls asleep while im still making sure his wind is up. I suppose its something i will have to do in the day time, so i at least know he will self settle if he wakes in the night. Then i have the problem of him wanting his dummy in the night when he wakes. Im not entirely sure i want him off his dummy, lol! It makes for such an easy life x

Poppy just stopped wanting to fall asleep on me about a month and a half ago. She loves hugs and cuddles and being held but she just won't go to sleep on us. She just prefers to be flat on her back. :shrug:

I know what you mean about the dummy. I don't think I'm ready to wean Poppy off it because it settles her when sleeping, or when she is restless, but I almost butt the wall when she wants it putting back in her mouth at 3am.

She has been asleep now two hours. I reckon she will wake up soon.

Lol..Nooo dont talk it up, lol!

This week im oficially finnishing off the crap in the cupboards! Bacon, sausages, chicken kievs, belly slices! ALl getting munched on a final fat binge n then im filling up the cupboards with healthy food x Im going to have to learn to cook nice healthy food, lol. The mayo is even going in the bin...and my god that means im serious! The scales tipped me over the edge and its time to get dieting x Ive got a swimming membership but im scared to go at the minute. The purple in my hair comes out when i wash it, so im gonna leave purple trails in the pool. ALl very well till you remember hearing about somechemical they put in pools which leaves a purple trail if you pee in the pool :dohh:

Hope he stays there eliese. How long did he take to go off?

I put him down at 8:10 and we have been up 3 times

:haha: I think it will look pretty and artistic Gem... you swimming surrounded by a purple haze.

I love cooking and cook quite healthy meals. I'm actually quite proud of the fact that I'm a really good cook. My problem is that we eat out too much.

Ok and wine. Wine is my only vice. Don't smoke, don't and have never taken drugs, I eat well, and don't particularly eat chocolate or crisps and stuff.

Oh while I'm at it, I also like kebabs too much. But thats it! :haha: Wine and kebabs are my downfall.

lol gem! that would be soooo Embarrassing!!

Megan wont go to sleep on me anymore! she prefers to be layed down on the sete for nap times. Only problem is if we go out she only cat naps and wakes at the slightest noise!

Thats not bad at all for night 1 eliese. Really hope he stays down. If he does then this could be pretty easy for you x

I can sort of cook, lol. Its just im a bit lavish when it comes to cooking and its never about being healthy, its about being mmmhhmmmmm! I like good old hearty english food as well, which generally is far from healthy. More stodgy! Also Sam is a fussy little duck nowadays, and he has been prewarned that he will be eating healthily as well! He hates makin himself food, so ive told him he will eat what he is given or he can go make himself a sandwich, lol. He is one of those who will decide he doesnt like something before he has tried it. He wont want to make a sandwich so he will either go hungry or try it, lol. He has a cooked meal at school, so a sandwich will do him no harm should he choose to make 1. Hopefully it will get him back to eating food which isnt processed again!

Kids just love processed food don't they? If Sam has had a hot dinner in school, there is nothing wrong with him having a sandwich for dinner. Does he eat much fruit?

My hubby cooks quite often too. His carbonara is the best ever! I want it now. Wonder if he will cook it for me when he comes home at ten pm?

Poppy has been asleep for two and a half hours and hasn't woken up at all yet.

Yet....

is Poppy still asleep
Rhys has been asleep for 30 mins so fingers crossed

is Poppy still asleepRhys has been asleep for 30 mins so fingers crossed

Yep.. it's been two and a half hours now. She hasnt woken up once. I'm thinking now though that she might sleep until ten then be awake for hours after that. I bloody hope not.

Yey fingers crossed for Rhys. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->