The Ramblers

Ive got finn about 6 presents and im gonna get him a walker as well and thats it. I just dont have space to store things and he will get lots from other people as well. Think ill save my vouchers for next year x

I have only got Rhys 3 toys, to be honest he would be happy with the wrapping paper

Susie please please dont take this the wrong way

me and Jo have very different styles of parenting but she has never judged me

Susie please please dont take this the wrong way

me and Jo have very different styles of parenting but she has never judged me

And I'm not judging her. I just said that sometimes I feel she is part of the group of women who I feel are/can be Cliquey.

ETA: Sorry to be talking about you like you are not here Jo.

But a pretty hurtful one considering i'd just said i'm a bit sensitive over it. I'd rather not have been told to be honest. It's bad enough that i've got FOB accusing me of being horrible, let alone on here which is the only place i actually get to speak to people. I'll just become a nodding dog instead of trying to help in future :(

You have never pushed your ideas onto any of us though Jo (Other than passing on nappy obsession, lol) Even with the nappies, you only discussed them so much because of the advice WE ASKED FOR. I want to mix BLW into our weaning soon. So ill probably be harassing you for advice on that too, lol.

My friend scared me a little today. She came onto fb to tell me that she had tried BLW and given her daughter a strawberry which she munched on. Well her LO is a few weeks younger than finn (Too young for BLW i thought), and i thought strawberrys werent sposed to be given to them for a long time yet. I voiced my concerns but i dont think she was amused. I think she was all excited at what her LO had achieved and i killed her moment somewhat. She lives in spain and from what she said the guidelines r different. I said well if you are going to do it, make sure she isnt sucking on it, like she does on a bottle. She said she thought that was the idea. Is she right? Have i missed something somewhere? I thought u were supposed to wait untill they munched rather than sucked :s Just scares me that they would suck a bit off straight down their throat.

How can i be in a clique when i don't even know who the other members of said 'clique' are?

Fine. Sorry I hurt your feelings Jo. I won't log back into the Ramblers again. Bye all.

You have never pushed your ideas onto any of us though Jo (Other than passing on nappy obsession, lol) Even with the nappies, you only discussed them so much because of the advice WE ASKED FOR. I want to mix BLW into our weaning soon. So ill probably be harassing you for advice on that too, lol.

My friend scared me a little today. She came onto fb to tell me that she had tried BLW and given her daughter a strawberry which she munched on. Well her LO is a few weeks younger than finn (Too young for BLW i thought), and i thought strawberrys werent sposed to be given to them for a long time yet. I voiced my concerns but i dont think she was amused. I think she was all excited at what her LO had achieved and i killed her moment somewhat. She lives in spain and from what she said the guidelines r different. I said well if you are going to do it, make sure she isnt sucking on it, like she does on a bottle. She said she thought that was the idea. Is she right? Have i missed something somewhere? I thought u were supposed to wait untill they munched rather than sucked :s Just scares me that they would suck a bit off straight down their throat.

I'll freely admit to being a nappy pusher. But only ever in a lighthearted manner!

For BLW babies should be able to sit up straight, good hand to mouth coordination and should have lost the tongue thrust reflex. They should go from biting something, to chewing it, then moving it to the back of their mouth to swallow. Obv this is from my book, not experience.

I am not sure on strawberries. I stay away from them because they come through my milk and give albert the shits! Maybe it is because strawberries are a fairly common allergy :shrug:

Can i be in your clique :rofl:

Sucking food not good then? She is talking about carrot sticks tomorrow. I dont think she can even sit up yet. Hope it goes well.

Here is what one site says about strawbs:

The most common reaction to strawberries is itching or a rash where the fruit comes into contact with the skin (usually around the mouth). Occasionally, reactions to strawberries can be severe and may involve swelling of the throat.

Strawberries can also cause hives elsewhere on the body and some parents find that giving their children strawberries can cause the symptoms of asthma and eczema to worsen.

In some babies, eating strawberries can contribute to nappy/diaper rash - a reaction to the acidity in the fruit rather than an allergic response.

Apparently here the guidelines r 12 m, but america is 2 years.

One thing that came up was from net mums and alot of the mums said their LO's had had them. I just remembered hearing something about them but wasnt sure what the advice was.

Woah woah wooaaaah what happened here?!?!

Just read through and something had gone badly wrong :nope:

I dunno about any cliques, I know about the women who cause trouble though. Ah crap I hate when folk fight :( I dunno what to say :(

Yeah sure you can. It'll be you, me, myself and i. That ok? ;)

Hang on - i'll go look in my book

Gem - can't find an exact answer. Probably won't do any harm but she should really be able to sit straight.

It was the sucking bit which scared me most. Finn really chews anything i give him so i reckon he will take quite well to it. Its amazing how many times slop can go round, lol. I presume there is no problem mixing BLW and purees :shrug:

NO GRAPES FOR BABY GRAPES FOR MUMMY! Haha, sorry i love grapes. They r only a hazard as far as choking i just read. They dont really pose a risk allergy wise. If you have the patience to sit n peel and mash them then im sure itll be fine :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->