The Ramblers

Oops, Meant to ask whatthe docs said about Poppy?

Well the rash had gone by this morning :happydance: (after 2 weeks of worrying it went after two days use of the hydrocortosine cream that was prescribed) but she told us to really take care about what was touching her skin e.g peoples clothes bcos they may not be using non-bio to wash clothes, and also people using lotions on their own skin that is aggravating Poppys skin..

So the rash had dissapeared, but then today we went to MIL's house and I told her not to hold Poppy's face close to her clothes etc... but I saw her doing it anyway, and actually the rash has come back a little (a tiny bit) on the side she was holding her close to her clothes.. :shrug: so not sure if it is an allergy to washing powders. I just wish people would LISTEN to what I ask them to/not to do! Nevermind I will keep an eye on the rash as its only back a little.

I havent had my six week check yet.. I asked my doctor about it and she said they dont do them at my surgery (dont know why), so then I asked the nurse at the healthcentre who did Poppys check, and she said that sometimes they dont do them, and that its more a check of your mental than physical state (although they do check blood pressure and stuff!) But I feel like I need my stitches checking to make sure they are healing. So I dont know what to do now as people keep saying "get your 6 week check done".. noone seems to be able to tell me where to go! Ill phone health visitor tomorow and ask her.

Im glad she is better.

I think all MIL's think they know best and ignore what we say. Bloody annoying though. Hopefully you can pin point what it is for sure, seems like you have a good idea already. Hopefully she will grow out of it.

Id defo speak to your HV. I have my check in the morning with the docs. It was my HV who told me to make the app. I think stitches should definitely be checked. I didnt have any and arent worried about them checking me, but just wanted to know if they would as ill make sure i have a shower before i go in the morning. I've had 1 tonight, but would prefer to go fresh if people are checking the trouser department. Problem is my app is at 9:10 and i have to get DS to school as well. Not sure how i will get time to shower. Spose a wash will have to do :D

I think what happens at the 6 week check varies.. my sister said that she just had her weight, urine and blood pressure checked, and that she was asked a few questions to make sure she was emotionally ok. Ive also heard that they ask if your bleeding has stopped, whether you have had a period, whether you're due a smear. I think if you have c-section/episiotomy then they would check you over (tummy/stitches).

Thats an early appointment you have... id find it impossible to shower and get ready for that time, unless hubbie was here!

Haha. OH is hardly ever here as we dontlive together so i get used to multitasking, but showering is 1 thing i cant do 1 handed and he is always awake when you need him to be asleep. I just thought i might aswell get it out of the way on the way back from school run. I dread to think what Finn is going to weigh, lol. He doesnt take any more than he did at 3 weeks but he just keeps getting rounder and rounder. He doesnt like to be put down either, im going to look like a freakish body builder soon :D

Haha. OH is hardly ever here as we dontlive together so i get used to multitasking, but showering is 1 thing i cant do 1 handed and he is always awake when you need him to be asleep. I just thought i might aswell get it out of the way on the way back from school run. I dread to think what Finn is going to weigh, lol. He doesnt take any more than he did at 3 weeks but he just keeps getting rounder and rounder. He doesnt like to be put down either, im going to look like a freakish body builder soon :D

:haha: am sure he is doing great and just think, the heavier he is, the more toned you will become. Poppy was in the 76th percentile for weight and 91st percentile for height/length. She is my little chunky monkey!

He is already in the 91st percentile, lol. Mind you so was DS1. He went from 5th to 91st in 7 weeks haha. He soon thinned out when he got moving. Havent had finn measured yet so not sure how long he is. I love his chub chub, but i dont want him to get any heavier. I just worry that it will hinder him with things like learning to crawl and walk. Long way off i know. Not much point in worrying either, he eats what he needs to eat :)

Morning all

I am in a foul mood, Rhys was sick all over my side of the bed (Ohs fault) I hate baby sick I would even rather poo

I don't mind the sick, it's the smelly poo's that are making me gag recently.:sick:

Will you have to wash all the bed covers? I just dont have time... I just keep buying new covers instead of washing the old ones! :blush: Takes too long to wash, dry and iron them... I already have piles of Poppy's stuff to do!

I don't mind the sick, it's the smelly poo's that are making me gag recently.:sick:

Will you have to wash all the bed covers? I just dont have time... I just keep buying new covers instead of washing the old ones! :blush: Takes too long to wash, dry and iron them... I already have piles of Poppy's stuff to do!

yes they are on the line now but I dont iron bedding or Rhys's stuff :blush:
Rhys's stuff is just so small

yes they are on the line now but I dont iron bedding or Rhys's stuff :blush:
Rhys's stuff is just so small

Many people don't bother to iron those things either :hugs:.. but I have terrible OCD and im such a neat freak! Ive only just stopped ironing Poppy's BIBS! :rofl: Sad I know! :haha: I may have to loosen up a bit when I go back to work as I know I won't have time for any of that!

Morning ladies. I got so much to do today - FOB issues! Booooo

Its hard eating a jacket potato and giving a bottle at the same time lol

Ironing bed sheets? I iron more creases into them than i take out, lol. I need an ironing board big enough to fit the whole sheet onto, i havent figured out how to do it bit by bit yet.

Had our 6 week check today...Booo! All good with Finn but they didnt measure him or weigh him. If id of known id of gone to HV yesterday. And i was given a suprise smear test while i was there. I no longer like suprises!

Other than that, good day so far. Finn has slept since we got bk, weve been to the neighbours for a gossip n a coffee n tidied the house and he only just woke up .

Hope you manage to sort stuff with FOB Dopey. Im guessing ill be a single mummy too soon, lol. My OH still hasnt called since sat. If he thinks he can keep talkin to me like im a piece of shit he got another thing coming. I got enough to deal with without him stressin me out. I dont care that he hasnt wanted to speak to me, but he hasnt even text or called to ask about the kids...A hole!

Ironing bed sheets? I iron more creases into them than i take out, lol. I need an ironing board big enough to fit the whole sheet onto, i havent figured out how to do it bit by bit yet.

Had our 6 week check today...Booo! All good with Finn but they didnt measure him or weigh him. If id of known id of gone to HV yesterday. And i was given a suprise smear test while i was there. I no longer like suprises!

Other than that, good day so far. Finn has slept since we got bk, weve been to the neighbours for a gossip n a coffee n tidied the house and he only just woke up .

Hope you manage to sort stuff with FOB Dopey. Im guessing ill be a single mummy too soon, lol. My OH still hasnt called since sat. If he thinks he can keep talkin to me like im a piece of shit he got another thing coming. I got enough to deal with without him stressin me out. I dont care that he hasnt wanted to speak to me, but he hasnt even text or called to ask about the kids...A hole!

What a tit FOB is hun

my 6 week check was bad too, the doc told me off for not bf and said I should start again cos I was still leaking

Doctors r crap arent they. I really dont think they should judge any1 when it comes to feeding. Mine seemed to be one of those nod and smile people. Didnt actually listen to a word i said then proceeded to abuse me with a speculum. She could have made it a little more fun. Its the most action i seen in months lol.

I hate smears, they have to use the really tiny speculum on me lol and thats to big
I often wonder how we made Rhys

Lmao. Thats a good thing surely. I was scared she was gonna fall in up to her elbow after giving birth haha. Its actually the first smear ive had. Got my letter to have it done just after i founfd out i was pregnant. Waas a bit uncomfy but not as bad as i expected. Think i was more worried about Finn as he was screaming the place down :(

Hi girls :) thought I'd stop by here. Missy pointed me to this thread :hugs: How are you all doing?
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"