The Really Useful TCM Thread

Wow good for you glitterqueen that is amazing news. Wish I lived by this Cathy lady, she sounds like a fairy godmother!! Let us know how all your tests go, what herbs and stuff were you taking?

Me TTC for 4 months got pregnant ended in MMC at 13 weeks, been trying ever since, been 7 months now and still no bean. Have my 3rd session of accu on wednesday, I don't have total faith in the accu therapist i am seeing at the mo as she doesn't seem to know that much about TTC, might have to change depending on wednesdays visit me thinks!

not sure exactly what was in them as she makes them up for you and its all in chinese but if i work it our i will post x

Oh glitterqueen I'm so delighted!!!! Cathy definitely is like a fairy godmother! :happydance::happydance::happydance: This is so amazing, she did say that not many people have to stay on the tablets and herbs together for very long but even still over the course of two cycles both of us have a got a bfp!!! TCM ROCKS!!!! :happydance::happydance:
xo Jen

Oh yes forgot to say I did go to Cathy last Tuesday and she was absolutely delighted! She gave me a big hug and has given me strict instructions to take it easy, no hoovering, or lifting heavy bags or items etc. Have to say suits me down to the ground, dh is falling over himself to do everything which might possibly put me at risk and I'm damn happy about that, can't remember the last time he did the hoovering before that..:rofl:
xo Jen

That is an awesome looking chart JoJo, those temps are rising very very nicely!! I know it's too early to tell, but darn they look good!!!

Welcome to those that have just joined, looking forward to stalking your charts and learning of your BFP announcements shortly :)

I have my uterine septum removal surgery tomorrow, just so happy to get that done and over with!! Feel like I'm slowly chipping away at all the things keeping me from getting preg and staying that way, feels so empowering. And all these BFP announcements are making me feel so excited!!

I'm still bleeding away over here, it's now cd 6. It's light amounts, but still bright red fresh blood, just like a nosebleed. Very odd for me. I'm wondering if maybe it has a bit to do with my cervical polyp (unrelated to the septum) and perhaps that has been irritated and is causing the continued fresh blood. I'm hoping when they stick the instruments up in me to remove the septum that they either knock that darn polyp off or cut it off, I'm so sicking of having it. I can literally feel it hanging out of my cervix when I check it. Just feels like it's blocking the little swimmers even though I know it's not (my period comes out just fine and I did get preg once with the polyp there).

Baby dust, sticky glue, PMA, and :hugs: as needed!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow Bernina! FX'D it all goes well! xo Jen

Guys i have to tell you this as most of you are not in LTTC. there is a thread on TCM and if its any good.

I went on and mentioned that 2 ladies got bfp with male factor issues. MOST people have written what a load of crap it is and people shouldnt use as there is no evidence blah blah blah.
I guess you either believe in it or not

hope everyone is ok . going for my next accu tomorrow.xx

I've seen that post muncho, it wasn't the response I thought I'd see. I find it really bizarre that they call herbs unnatural and able to mess up your system, Isn't synthetic hormones exactly that??? I was dying to put something but didn't want to cause an argument. Dont' get me wrong i'm totally willing to try sythetic hormones just as much as i'm willing to try TCM. I think both have their place and if one fails I think its certainly worth trying the other.

This thread is a little more friendly I think! xx

woop woop just ordered my Randine Lewis book, we will be making her a fortune with all these book sales!! looking forward to it arriving, I am a bit of a book worm anyway so can't wait to get stuck into it. Im going to give my acu lady on more go tomorrow and then your right abster if I don't feel great about it after tomorrows session im going to look elsewhere. I will feel guilty though because she is really nice but she hardly ever mentions anything about my fertiliy issues and hasn't even asked to look at my charts or anything. Anyone know of any good acu places in the oxford area?

congrats jen and glitterqueen .

i was just wondering how long you were using the acupuncture and chinese herbs before you got bfps?

oh sorry i just read your post above then .

happy and healthy 9 months or 8 months i guess i should say

wow! congrats jen and glitter! amazing news.....sorry i'm a bit late to the 'party' but have been pretty busy the past few days.

thought i'd pop on here and update on things since my first acu session.
fortunately i had a day off because i slept and slept after the treatment - couldn't get myself to wake up at all. i also developed a severe headache, almost like a migraine but since then i've not had one headache. maybe something to do with toxins and balancing up? anyway, the day after i was in work and floated around all day. i managed to get through a huge pile of work with no effort or stress - was lovely! the feeling hasn't lasted but i am defo much calmer and more organised....i also noticed a bruise on my foot where i'd had one of the needles. is this common? i do bruise easily so am not worried by that at all.

my practitioner doesn't give me herbs, but suggested all sorts of diet stuff to help nourish my blood. so i'm stocked up with lots of iron-rich food, eating pleanty of stewed fruit (fruit encourages Ying energy, but it has to be warmed hence the stewing bit!) and drinking lots of warm, caffiene free fluids. i have noticed a real change in energy levels and an increased ability to focus. i'm doing some intensive study on top of work and the last 12 months have been really unproductive - funny how that has conicided with my screwy cycles.......AND although i've always had ewcm before ov, i've noticed (tmi) that things are really much more moist down there! OH delighted!

anyway, really looking forward to my session next week. although i originally said i could only afford fortnightly sessions, i do think i'm going to make an extra effort this month to go every week.

good luck ladies and keep updating - love hearing your stories x

That sounds promising Rubyloo! I'm glad you can afford the weekly sessions this month. I think it'll def be worth it! OMG Muncho, I'm so tempted to go on that other thread and tell them to stop being so pessimistic! How on earth can herbs not be natural....some people really need to think before opening their mouths...or typing for that reason. That very statement in itself suggests the person who made it is really ignorant. Where do they think herbs come from....a laboratory???? I wouldn't expect them to appreciate the potential of tcm if they are coming out with rubbish like that. All I can say is I know 100% that if it wasn't for those "unnatural" herbs and the acupuncture that I wouldn't be pregnant right now! That's my rant over! LOL! Hope you's are all ok!
XO Jen

Hi Ladies,

Good to hear it all went well for you rubyloo!, it's great how it makes us feel better!..

I couldn't resist putting a comment on the other thread on LTTC.. tried to keep it pleasant, but it was hard :)

Girls, please help me :wacko: Think I'm having an anovulatory cycle. Haven't had one before (at least not since I started charting in august) and am mystified as to why it should start happening now, after 2 months' acupuncture. I'm gutted. :cry:
I've never had ov pains, but I did have some pains in the area of my right ovary on sunday evening, on and off, and then the same on the left-hand side on monday evening. I'm wondering if that might indicate some kind of problem ovulating this cycle. At the time I assumed it was trapped wind or a small pbstruction or something. I thought I'd ovulated on sunday when I got what looked like my normal pre-ov dip, but now I don't think I did, unless for some reason my progesterone levels rocket tomorrow, 4dpo; very unlikely.
What a crappy, crappy day I'm having. Sorry for such a negative post afetr all the excitement of the past few days. (Still thrilled for you, Jen 1802 and Glitterqueen!).
I'm not doubting the acu - Quing and her husband are well known for their fertility work, apparently, and in their waiting room there are loads of articles about people they've helped and thank-you cards from women as they have their babies (there's practically a new one every week) - I'm just worried as to what my problem might be.
I've been taking the B-vits (100mg) for 3 months now and would have thought they'd have helped by now, but I'm wondering now if I should just drop them. Certainly not helping me this month! Anyone have any ideas or opinions? I'd love to hear what you think.
You don't want to hear what I think about the negative postings on the LTTTC thread, other than the fact I think they've been brainwashed by medics who have no understanding of TCM and don't seem to be able to provide the magic themselves. Grrrrrr. Ignorance is piss.
On that note...
Abi x

Abs, just a quick one,illpost properly later

why do you think you havent ov? are you going by your charts, i dont know much about them. You are allowed to feel neagative, we have days like that.
Ill post on your journal later, but try not to get too down by it
xx

p.s have you been ill or done anythng different this cycle?

Yeah, it's my temps that tell me no ov. I had a cruddy cycle last month because I was ill before Christmas and staying with OH's family in Cumbria, but I was expecting a good cycle this time. This cycle I've cut out dairy and alcohol (definitely having a glass of wine tonight! Not had one since 17th) and also decided not to take the agnus castus and EPO before ov. Quing switched me my TCM pills as well.

I feel like I've taken a big step backwards and am never going to be pregnant again. Grrrr.. it's so frustrating!
Have been taking spirulina and wheatgrass since before christmas.
Sorry all, I know I'm whining. I have a tendency to do this when things aren't right...
Abi x

Abi I was whining myself only last week because I thought my ov had taken leave of absence. Looking at my chart now i think I prob just ov'd day or 2 later than normal, perhaps yours is just going to be late too? If my af arrives on time I'll have a crappy 9 day LP again so I'd imagine the b vits weren't working anymore as it was 11, then 10 last month on them.

Give you a few days hun and see what happens! But enjoy your glass of wine, sometimes cutting out things you enjoy can have an opposite effect, you been relaxed is much better for you!

xxx

Just wanted to post surgery went well. Headed to get some food now! Will update properly later. Thank you for all well wishes!

Abs you are allowed to have a moan and groan. I cant really help on this one as i dont know anything about temping but i have heard that sometimes FF is wrong and last month someone got bfp after FF told them they had not ov

Everything else you are doing is right, its a horrible waiting game.
Hope you get some good news tomorrow

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"