The Really Useful TCM Thread

Hi abs
I have moments when i allow myself to think yeah but them common sense kicks in three neg tests and cramps-still not here by the way!! My periods sound just like yours were but defo imoroved with tcm. The doc keeps saying having a baby will cure me so by that reconing why can't i have ivf on nhs as a cure! lol x
And Yeah Jen what did Cathy say???

Well I started yesterday's session by thanking Quing for sorting out my spleen/mucous problem, then I went on to tell her that I seem to be ovulating earlier. She seemed pleased but not at all surprised.... It's not clear really when I've ov'd yet as my temps are a little funny looking (not helped by a very disturbed thurs night and possibly being awake but very dozy for a while this morning), but it's a case of when rather than if. I seem to remember Jen1802 was unsure about ov in her last cycle!

So I moved onto the couch, on my front and had needles in the back of my head and my upper and lower back, plus a cup on my upper back (she's just telling my spleen not to dare being weak and causing mucous!), with the heat lamp over my back.

Once on my front, I had needles in my abdomen (took her a while to find spots where I could feel a dull sensation), the skin between my thumb and finger on both hands, the top of my nose, top of my head and lower legs. Heat lamp on my abdomen. Lovely, lovely, lovely just lying there relaxing.

Looking at my chart she thought I may have ov'd on thursday. I said I thought I might ov today, with a lower temp... looks like she may have been right. Let's see what happens in the next few days. With my cm and cp it could have been either day....

Fingers crossed for us all, lovely girls!

Abi x

Ooh, forgot to mention I have different pills. Think I've reverted to the Kidney Qui Pill from the Golden Cabinet - will check tomorrow.
Abi x
Glitterqueen.... any news for us either way yet? Fingers crossed for you x

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH still no witch day 35 21 days since ov still cramping neg poas just want to know one way or another now x

It's really stressing you out, isn't it? Are you unsure whether to be excited or worried? There was a girl on BnB who got 30-odd days past ov before she got a positive result, so pregnancy is still a possibility. Are you worried about getting your hopes up? I would be, in your situation. Has Cathy said anything?
Thinking about you :hugs:

My pills are Jin Kui Shen Qi Wan so yes, I'm back on the Kidney Qui Pill form the Golden Cabinet (love it!).

Jen... hellooo? Where are you? Come to think of it, where are all of you? I Was on here for ages yesterday evening and not a dicky bird!
What, have you all got lives or something?!
Abi x

Hello Abs...just want you to know that you're not all on your own!! Went out last night and had a great time...plenty of drinks knowing that with AF visiting I was very safe!! Felt great to let hair down and not think about TTC!!! Figure it will be my last big night out with alcohol on the menu as this month is gonna be my month...POSITIVE THINKING!!!!:happydance: Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Thats the spirit fitzy! I'm really interested to see how the TCM affects your late ovulation - and how soon! I'm oving today on CD16 - it's been 18 for months and with a 27-day cycle that's pants. Hopefully the earlier ov is a sign of higher post-ov temos, longer LP and.... let's just stop there for the moment!
Had a lovely, quiet weekend. Going to make tea in a minute.. listen to me the domestic goddess! No, toast and crumpets and Paul O'Grady on the radio. Thats' my rock'n'roll lifestyle. Are you sure you can keep up?!
Abi x

Well that's very positve...earlier ovulation, longer LP...will keep EVERYTHING crossed for you hun! I'm also very interested to see what will happen with ovulation this cycle..have a feeling TCM is gonna work wonders(again my new positive attitude!). Sometimes quiet weekends are the best. Tea and a chilled evening on the couch - who could ask or anything more?? New baby niece arrived in the early hours of the morning to OH's brother...can't wait to meet the little princess!

hey girls, sounds like your all doing well, and the tcm is doing wonders. I decided to start taking a few tcm herbs after reading randine lewis book. I know I probably won't get the best result without the acu but my FIL has had a stroke last monday and my husband is running the plumbing busiess on his own without the extra hours from his dad so its going to be a tough few months! A few more months of bfn though I might have to start thinking outside the box to raise the extra funds lol!

I have just chosen 3 herbs to start with, Xian mao, ba ji tian and astragulas root. These are for my spleen deficiency and kidney qi deficiency and luteal phase defect. Do any of you take these? I guess they can only help and I feel like I'm doing something positive!
Good luck glitterqueen, hope this is your bfp in the waiting!

x

I'm taking patented pills with lots of ingredients, jojo-m, rather than single herb pills or decoctions of various dried herbs which need soaking and cooking. I'm back on Kidney Qui Pill from the Golden Cabinet, which is for toning the kidney yang (very warming).
If Randine says you should take them, they'll be great! I reckon following her dietary, lifestyle and self-help guidelines will make a huge difference even if you can't manage to afford the acu. Every little bit helps! You can always try squirrelling money away, ready for acu-day.
Did I tell you I love the book?!
How's your FiL doing?
Abi x

hey girls

its kind of not really a TCM question but i thought i'd ask here anyway! I'm taking some vitamins! spirulina, B6, pre-natal vits, EPO and also soy isoflavones and my question is with the soy-iso vits they are 25mg pills and i need 100mg per day, Should i take them spread out during the day or all at once? i know its different for different pills but in general? what is better to do?

Hi everyone!

Jojo, I hope your FIL is doing well, hugs to you and your husband!

Betheney, I'm sorry I've never taken soy so not sure what would be best. Hopefully someone who has tried will chime in soon. I know there is at least 1 girl over in the New to Charting thread who takes soy, perhaps pop over there and see if she can provide an answer.

Warning that there is probably tmi regarding blood, so turn away now if you're squeamish!!

Well I'm not sure what's going on with AF this month. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but it sure is different! Normally cd 1 and 2 are heavy and then AF kinda tapers off. Not this month! cd 1 was light and I only knew it was true AF because of strong cramps that evening. cd 2 was also light but man cd 3 it was so heavy that I could just stand there and feel it pooling in my pad (trying not to use tampons while ttc, just a personal choice). The blood is quite sticky and still bright red fresh, minimal clots, and not sure if this makes sense but it has the texture of ewcm, hahah, it's really sticky! Maybe my AF is fertile quality mucus, hahaha! I haven't had any cramps or really any other AF type symptoms other than the strong cramps cd 1. Whatever Julie did last week seems to have opened the flood gates! I also wonder if perhaps the birth control pills I started could have anything to do with this as well (taking them as prep for surgery Weds). So while I'm not 100% sure it's to do with acupuncture, I'd like to hope it is!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry you still don't have any answers GlitterQueen. I'm hoping you get a BFP the next time you POAS, but if AF has to come, I hope she gets her butt in gear soon!!!

I love the book too Abi, I'm reading it a second time incase I missed anything! I thought i'd start with just a few herbs, one is a powder the other two are herbs to soak and cook so i'll do them together to make a probably disgusting tea! I figure if I react to one it be easier to see if only adding a few at a time, there are other things I could add over time.

I missed my reflexology this week because paul's dad has been on deaths door after the stroke, he was in ICU on a ventilator for a while but now seems to be making a miraculous recovery. He's walking, talking and doesn't seem to even have any weakness. The only problem is his conciousness so he keeps falling asleep and he's acting differently, like quite childish and loud which is the total opposite of what he's like, Paul finding it difficult, but hopefully he'll be more like himself in time! Anyway Yes i'm going to start saving what I can!

Bernina I'd be incredibley encouraged by any changes you see in your AF. It means things are on there way to restoring and becoming balanced! great news!!!!

Betheney sorry I don't know the right answer but I'd be tempted to take them throughout the day then your less likely to have a reaction. Its all in the way the kidney and liver processes the drugs to how much is in your blood, well thats what I just learnt in my pharmacokinetics lecture the other day lol
xx

ok ladies
one more test before going crazy and guess what BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaking like a leaf have already rang gp to ask if i need progesterone convinced it will drop out if I stand up,panicing cuz i dyed my hair yesterday etc, etc. haven't told oh yet cuz i want to tell him face to face and he is in work-let the obsessing and panic begin oh my god!!!-still cramping so need to speak to doc about that. phoned Cathy and going to see her tomorrow she is delighted- me well i am still shaking but estatic x

oh wow congratulations, thats 2 tcm bfp's!!!! woo hoo! hope the next 9 months are a breeze!

xx

NO WAY THAT IS ABSOULUTELY BLOODY AMAZING!!

i need to go and see see Cathy, reallly really pleased for you glitter
xx

Congrats Glitter!!, great news and again gives us all using TCM lots of hope!!.. have a great 9 months!

NO WAY THAT IS ABSOULUTELY BLOODY AMAZING!!

i need to go and see see Cathy, reallly really pleased for you glitter
xx

thanks Muncho
I am going for a hormone and hsg test today have benn pestering doc about needing progesterone, still think it;s going to fall out if I stand up lol
started worrying now about there being something wrong and keep looking at the test like its going to jump up and go ha ha only joking!
have been told cramps are a good sign for implantation etc-god let the worry begin. and breathe......................
this is a postitve thread so i know you r next xxxxxx:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"