The Really Useful TCM Thread

Hi Carrie - I need to cut out juice too. Have to change our milk delivery order again; I normally drink lots of juice.
If you're getting ewcm you should definitely be bd'ing, no question. Looks like you'll be ovulating at a really good time in your cycle. :thumbup:
Abi x

Hey Minimin, suggest you try googling it, maybe under TCM practitioners? Mine came by recommendation of 2 friends.

Great to see you back Laumatt - soudns like you've been having nightmares... now get back to the babymaking! You definitely seem to have done the right thing, switching prac. You may well see your LP lengthning this cycle, but dont worry if not. Remember Randine says to allow 3 months before expecting results. Depends on what's wrong and how bad it is I think - the worse the imbalance and the more you have, the longer it will take to rebalance your system. Be great to see quick results though!

Abi x

Thanks abster- I did but didnt know which one was good and thought someone may have some experience. I'll keep looking. In the meantime I have been reading Randine book- It is so interesting. I wonder if it is worth getting some of the herbs she recommends. I have a Heart Deficiency, Kidney Yang deficiency and Liver Qi deficiency (well these three are the top three I am most common with!)
Thanks again abster.

Minimin

hi all!

really interesting hearing about the things people are doing - esp. diet stuff. i think one of my main issues is alcohol. i'm not a big drinker (as in going out and getting 'drunk', too much of a lightweight for that!!!!) but i do tend to have a glass of wine everyday, and sometimes two or three a day on the weekend. now, i am sure it does have an impact, but i was wondering if any of you know how much? would i be better to cut it right down or out completely?! i don't mind stopping, its just the first half of my cycle is soooooo long i kinda forget i'm trying for a baby and just caught up in other stuff. also, sorry about all the questions, but what about exercise? i don't formally do anything, but am generally quite active. have any of you found exercise to be useful in sorting cycle lengths/temps etc?

anyway, i'm still waiting to ov. have my second acu session this week which i hope does something to chivy things along a bit. i'm on day 23 and no sign of it yet. (sigh)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/263be9

Hi Rubyloo

I've had to cut down allot on alcohol since having pcos diagnosed. I've had to make allot of changes to my whole diet. It's been hard and not having a glass or 2 of wine on Fri and Sat nights has been one of the hardest. Now i'm used to it, i limit myself to 1 glass over the weekend and that's it.. The worst part is when people start thinking you're pregnant because you're not drinking grrr!!.. I def think it's worth cutting back though as i do feel so much better..

Along with my diet change, Acupuncture and herbs i had AF last week and this week am having the most EWCM i've ever had so it all seems to be doing some good!..

Good luck x

hi carrie!

thanks for the feedback -its useful to hear someone else's experiences on this one. i kinda knew it was something i was going to need to get under control so to speak! i have a massively limited diet already - am coeliac (no gluten) and can't touch dairy. i do eat a very healthy diet as a general rule, no chocolate (migraines....) so booze was my only treat. oh well......if i want a baby (which i do!!!!) then i'm going to have to make a few more sacrifices. but the end result, asuming the end result is pregnancy, will be worth it all.

Hi Rubyloo, I recommend getting Randine Lewis's book, The Infertility Cure. There are sections about diet, self-treatment (femoral massage, breathing exercises etc) and exercise, all specific to the different imbalances you might have. Have you been told what you have? I can't remember. I have kidney yang deficiency, spleen deficiency and a cold uterus. There's a really good questionnaire in the book which helps you to diagnose yourself. So far, everyone who's done it and posted on here has diagnosed themselves the same way as their practitioner.

I'm sure your prac will improve your ovulation date very soon - at the 2 month point, this cycle, I ovulated 2 days earlier than normal. :happydance: Hopefully that means I'll have an 11, rather than 9, day LP (or longer... I'd go for 13 days, but 9-ish months would be ideal!).

You might find your prac can treat you for your coeliac disease - mine treats all sorts.

Glad you're enjoying it!
Abi x

Hey Abster! You have the same stuff going on as me. Are you on herbs?
-Minimin xx

Very excited now ladies! Tomorrow night is the night I start acupuncture and reflexology and I can't wait.

Cd55 and no sign if af still - let's hope this does the trick. I will post as soon as I get in x

hello everyone,just quickly popping in to say hello.
Misskat: good luck for tonight

everyone else, are you not sick of eating certain foods just to have a baby? im gettign really sick of it now! IM HAVING TO EAT 50G OF PROTEIN A DAY, im veggie and its so hard. Like most of you im quite healthy,dont drink, smoke etc. yestderdat had 5 jaffe cakes thou :(

Had a session of acu yesterday. Was good , im doing it twice a week now as im injecting and i do feel that last nights acu worked as my ovaries feel bigger today ....my imagination is wild..
have a goo day xx

Hi Muncho

Yep i'm getting sick of limiting myself to certain foods.. i think the worse bit though is when going out with friends as i don't want to explain it to everyone so they just think i'm on a silly diet and spend most of their time trying to tempt me with cake, chocolate and wine... i won't give into the peer pressure grrrr!!!... i just hope i get pregnant before easter so that i can have an easter egg :)..

Hey Abster! You have the same stuff going on as me. Are you on herbs?
-Minimin xx

Hi minimin, no i've only ever had the little, black, patented pills, which are made from the stuff. Am regularly cooking herbs for my OH's psoriasis though.

The main giving-up I've had to do is dairy, but because it's had such a wonderful effect - no more catarrh, my head's much clearer and i feel better in general - i don't really mind. am really looking forward to gorging on mature cheddar soon though!

Muncho, have you tried alpro soya desserts? I get the choc ones and the vanilla. they have 3.8g of protein, so not incredibly high, but they are yummy! Do you use tofu much? I use quite a lot of it and have been known to eat a packet of the Cauldron marinated tofu pieces as a snack (still, much vetetr than gorging on chocolate!).

Abi x

Thanks abster- She (Dr Randine) recommends some combination pills. I will have a look online!
I am finding it hard to give up dairy- Cheese is my downfall- and like other ladies here- Vino was my one vice and I have to cut that totally- Am a vegetarian so Milk, Yogurt and Cheese were important source of protein and calcium and now I cant have them :cry:
Will be worth it in the end if we all have a lovely healthy Baby!

Abster- love quorn stuff too- Have you tried them? yum yum!

Oh yes, lots of quorn. Have you tried the Grassington Foods range? Co-op were doing their veggie meatballs, which were lush and really easy to shove in a put with chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, peppers etc and serve with wholewheat pasta (a quick look into my kitchen there) but they seem to have disappeared. Luckily quorn do them too, but I loved the Grassingotn version and they were only launched last year.
I like Grasshopper, Redwood and Taifun as well. Get me and my rock'n'roll lifestyle...

Oh yes, lots of quorn. Have you tried the Grassington Foods range? Co-op were doing their veggie meatballs, which were lush and really easy to shove in a pot with chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, peppers etc and serve with wholewheat pasta (a quick look into my kitchen there) but they seem to have disappeared. Luckily quorn do them too, but I loved the Grassingotn version and they were only launched last year.
I like Grasshopper, Redwood and Taifun as well. Get me and my rock'n'roll lifestyle...

Minimin, have you tried Almond Milk? It's basically made by soaking almonds and then blending them up and straining them. It tastes remarkably like milk (nice and smooth and not gritty), is a good source of protein, and contains no dairy. In the States they sell it in the non refridgerated area next to soy milks and canned milks, sometimes over in the health food area. Most major grocery stores carry it. The price is good too. I use it in smoothies and it's also good in cereal. I'm sure it would be just fine in tea too.

https://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-Breeze_c_4.html (this is the brand I get in the US).

i bought some lacto free milk as i thought that may be better but not so sure after looking online and then drinking a cup of it after having a huge craving for milk grrrr!!!.. i heard that rice milk is supposed to be good, i saw it in the fridge in waitrose the other day, so may try that next.. the carb content was high though so it may still be bad?

Also bought a big bag of mixed seeds and gogi berries and mixed them together, they are great for those 11am and 4pm cravings and quite filling too.. apparently gogi berries are meant to be great for fetility

How you doing Bernina? I've yet to try almond milk. Am currently using Alpro soya milk light and chocolate Oatly and eating soya yoghurt and desserts. Cheese is def the difficult one isn't it Minimin? Soya cheese is vile. I htibk itr's only cows' milk products that are considered dairy; goats' and sheep's milk shoudl be fine. Don't htink I could handle givng up cheddar and halloumi... very dark thoughts...!

Hey Abster and Bernina- Thanks for that! I have seen the grassington stuff but never ventured with it. I shall definitely be adding them to my shopping list. Bernina- I will have to look for almond milk! WOuld be easier to purchase it- wonder if some health food shops here do it. I dont have too much milk- rarely have Cereal and cut out tea and coffee so normally aglass of milk here and there. I do like Alpro Soya milk-took some getting used to though.
It does make things hard!!! Tonight we have Quorn Shepards pie- Will have a little bit of cheese-:(
Thanks again ladies!

ha ha ha ha.. abster- Cheese is definitely the hardest ones- i try to cut down the amount I have and make sure I am not having it every day. If I could I would with every meal- CHeese on Toast, Cheese and tomatoe baguette, Pasta with cheese followed by a lovely big cheese board!!! LOL hmmm cheese! I do like Goats cheese- but Mature Cathedral Cheddar- you just cant replace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->