The Really Useful TCM Thread

Sorry, that was a bit of a blanket statement by me, wasn't it? Genetic defects and foetal abnormalities cannot be helped, but where miscarriages are happening because of hormone imbalances, for example, the rebalancing effects of TCM can stop this happening (often, such as in my case, because of phlegm obstruction, caused by my spleen deficiency, this is what stops [regnancy occurring).
When I said it to Carrie, I meant that her weekly TCM treatments have already helped her to get pregnant and will continue helping her to have a healthy pregnancy, versus her falling pregnant with PCOS without having any treatments to help her. Not quite what I said, I know, but I was excited for her. :hugs:
Abi x

thats good, just wanted to understand, you would think i would know the benefits of tcm by now :(

Hey Muncho, you know about the effects for you and that's what's really important. I was reading the RL book to write it all down, not getting it off the top of my head :blush:
Actually, looking through the book to answer your question helped me find "phlegm obstruction" under immunological reactions, which happens to be almost my entire diagnosis. Thanks for making me look in the book again properly again. :flower:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, today is ov day (check out my chart). Unfortunately, today is also the day my nose is all runny again, in the old stylee. Aaaarrgghhhhhhhhhhh!!! Not what I need! Fingers crossed I guess - hope it goes away this morning and doesn't come back. Now just have to wait to see if my temp rises high enough to bother thinking about pregnancy.
Abi x

it takes 90 days to grow new eggs..

There are some things you can do to improve the quality..

read this..

https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health

The whole website is good but take away what you want..

OMG OMG OMG !!!

So i did 3 IC's all had a faint line, then got my hubby to pee on one and clearly negative. So we've just been out to boots and bought FRER and bright clear pink line appeared after 2 mins and is still there now an hour later :)..

So officially another TCM BFP!!!..

OMG...so excited to hear your news Carrie!!:dance::headspin::yipee::yipee:
We needed some more good news for all us TCM'ers!!

Know you also have PCOS....were you ovulating fairly regularly?? Can't remember if you were on meds or not.

Enjoy your time on :cloud9:

Carrie!!!! OMG!!! thats so fantastic!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Muncho, Abster, so you think he doesnt know what he's talking about either?! I was so disappointed the other day, I expected him to only say I had low prog. but he said it was 13(?) and that indicates not ovulating. I did doubt him as I have a thermal shift, and all other signs. Plus they still couldnt get to grips on when I should have the blood test due to my 7 day LP, it just throws them. They said it should be 7 days before period and I said thats when I ovulate.... anyway had it done thier way and mine (7 dpo) He also told me the prog peaks mid cycle but I know its mid luteal phase... ohh well least Im on TCM and they have said that they will refer me April... what a bunch of useless #*@$!!!!!!

Abs, what day are you ov then?? Thats so fab!!!

I fell off the wagon with regards to eating cos I was so pissed off the other day and pigged out on crap!! Anyway, must be better and get back on eating better, the TCM will work. Carrie has proved it!!!

Love love x

Ps Ive decided to not monitor my cycle this month with temps and OPKs and just use CM & CP.... Just going to go with it, maybe I'll actually get more :sex: this month as I wont be so into the whole fertile/not fertile thing!

Hi girls thanks for the messages, i'm so excited now and just can't wait to have a scan.. fingers crossed it sticks!!!!..

Also fingers crossed for lots more BFP's in this thread!, it seems to be a lucky one!

xx

Hey Laummatt, good luck forgetting about your cycle - let me know if you manage it. I know too much about mine now to that - + the fact that I find it helpful, rather than stressful, charting.
Are you sure he's a real doctor??!! He wasn't just given a doctor kit for christmas?!
It's cd13 today, bang on when I should be oving - I have my temp drop, just waiting to see if I get a decent rise tomorrow and the next few days. I hope so!
My phlegm symptoms have come back again a bit today, which is worrying me slightly. I've not fallen off the wagon or anything, so I don't know why. Will just have to see what happens - just like the last 16 months... how novel! I guess with my ov date, this is the first viable cycle I've had - as long as I follow it up with an LP that takes me to a 27-day cycle. Argh!

Woohoo! Carrie29's pregnant :thumbup::thumbup::happydance::happydance:

Abi x

Hi girls!

Can anyone please remind me which food are good for tonifying Kidney Yin? I have lent my friend my RL book and didn't write it down :dohh:

Congratulations Carrie!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :hugs: :hugs:

So very happy for you and also so nice to see another TCM'er fall pregnant!!!! Hopefully it's catching!

Had my 5th acupuncture appt today, went well, very relaxing. She's going to mix up some pre ovulation herbs for me so I can pick them up later this week (only have the post o herbs which she told me to continue taking until I get the new ones).

I've been using a heating pad on my abdomen/uterus the past few days. Also tried rubbing some castor oil on my stomach, putting a towel over, and then the heating pad for like 30 min to an hour. My own version of a castor oil pack. I'm on cd 6 so it helped with cramps and hopefully help to thicken that lining up nice and good. Anyone know if it's safe to use heating pad up until ovulation? I know heat isn't good after ovulation, just wondering what the cut off period is.

Thanks!

carrie :hugs: what wonderful news! well done you and all my best wishes for a H&H 9 months.......you must be over the moon! yay for TCM.....it gives me hope!

nothing much going on here. 9dpo and increasingly getting the feeling its not my month, again. did a test but bfn, prob too early as only a sainsbury's own brand (at least that's what i'm telling myself.....!!!!)
got another acu session on wed. my temps are not as high as they were post ov last month but we are only talking by a small amount so not too worried. otherwise things all settled.

just a note about the not oving thing - if you have a sustained thermal shift (your temps go up and stay up) then you are ovulating. if they go up and come down again then its likely you're not. hope this helps!

xxx

ruby loo i had ivf but im about 7 days post egg collection ie: OV. today i have white cm, i have read this coud mean implantation. Has anyone had this before or know anything about it..

next acu on wed !

Muncho, have heard that creamy CM is good sign around implantation but am no expert. Really hoping it's your turn for your day in the sun though!! :thumbup:

Taking my last Provera today so should get a bleed within next week or so and then bring on the Clomid. I don't see why eastern and western medicine can't compliment each other. Don't think I'll take the chinese pills on the days am taking clomid though just to be sure. Will be goiing for my accu though!!

Well Done Carrie!! Another BFP on the TCM Thread. Hope you have a happy healthy 9 (ish) months.

Now come on girlies - lets get some more on here.

I'm having a week off on the reflexology and accu' - back there on Monday for session 3.

Good news though, after a 69 day wait AF showed her face today and i have never been so pleased.

PMA - i feel this month could be my month!!

Have a good week all, i look forward to reading of all your experiences this week x

Yeah misskat, so glad AF showed her face!!!! Are you doing the basal body temping? Just curious what you use to pinpoint your ovulation. I started temping 3 or 4 months ago and I'm totally hooked. I even temped last month when I was on birth control pills and definitely not ovulating.

I think your PMA is spreading. I'm looking forward to relaxing, catching up on some shows and of course drinking my 2 cups of TCM herbs this evening!

muncho - they do say an increase in cm can signal pregnancy. usually after ov it dries up, but many women do report more cm before getting a bfp. sounds really promising so fingers crossed xxxx

Noooo!! CM isn't a sign of pregnancy, it's just there or not and doesn't mean anything either way. I get cm up until the hag shows (not sure if I always have, but def have the last few months - since starting acu I think - which is possibly just a sign of a healthier cycle). It's an indicator of oestrogen, as this is the hormone which regulates cm. Just means there's still some being produced by the (correct me if I'm wrong) corpus luteum. That's what I remember from FF anyway. It's all on there - I'll check later.
In a rush - will be back properly later.
Abi x

ok - my mistake - sorry! must mean there's a whole load of mis-information out there on the web. several sites cite increased 'viginal discharge' as a 'sign' of pregnancy. woops!

tbh cm is different for everyone. i dont normally get it after ov but having said that i think when you are having ivf everything changes. At the mo im taking progesterone tabs at night , so it could be that.

Some women get cm before af and some get it before bfp. As with everything it changes from women to women.

Abs my understanding from the clinic is before Ov estrogen level should be high as thats is what makes the follicles grow. The corpus luteum makes the progesterone, which is wahy you ahve the cd21 and measure prog levels. when you ov the egg is relased from the follicle and the empty follicle turns into the corpus luteum (or something like that) During my injections you have blood tests to measure estrogen and this can indicate whether there is an egg in the follicle.

Biology lesson over!

Im not going to symptom spot now.
Thanks everyone anyway for your input.

Glad everyone else seems to be doing ok.

x

Another BFP - Im very excited about acupuncture..... I hope it works for us all. :)

I have my 3rd session this evening and looking forward to it. I should of Ov'd yesterday so will be interested to see where she sticks the needles this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->