The Really Useful TCM Thread

Thanks Muncho, think you're right. Will go check on the FF website and get my facts complete;y straight. One minute I know it, the next it's gone!

I'm back!

Muncho, we were both right - I cut and pasted this from FF:

Why do I have eggwhite cervical fluid after I have already ovulated?

Some cervical fluid after ovulation is possible because the corpus luteum, though its main function is to produce progesterone, produces estrogen in small amounts. This may cause you to see some fertile-looking cervical fluid, even after ovulation.

If your temperatures and other signs show clearly that you have already ovulated, then you can be confident that you are no longer fertile. It is also not uncommon to confuse semen and eggwhite or watery cervical fluid. Some women also notice some fertile-looking cervical fluid just before menstruation.

However, if your chart does not show clearly that you have already ovulated (with a clear and sustained thermal shift) do not stop having intercourse. Keep on considering the possibility that you are still fertile as long as you see fertile cervical fluid to make sure you don't miss a chance to conceive.

got that one cleared up then. I do find all this stuff interesting. I have learnt so much!!
arent our bodies amazing.
i have a picture of my embryo, it so so so small, so small u cant see it, amazing thats its going to turn into a human being

so wish i paid more attention in biology xx

Yeah misskat, so glad AF showed her face!!!! Are you doing the basal body temping? Just curious what you use to pinpoint your ovulation. I started temping 3 or 4 months ago and I'm totally hooked. I even temped last month when I was on birth control pills and definitely not ovulating.

I think your PMA is spreading. I'm looking forward to relaxing, catching up on some shows and of course drinking my 2 cups of TCM herbs this evening!

I've not started temping - i find this whole ttc malarky stressful enough, without having to check my temps. Plus i'm rubbish in the mornings lol

ooo herbs, i'm not doing herbs - just accu' and reflexology. LOVE it though, has defo helped chill me out

Hello all

Just catching up on all the threads. Alot of talk of CM, if only our DH's/friends knew huh?
I always get some day before AF, I know she is bloody well on her way then. Currently cd12 for me, still not charting and I had to actually look in my diary to find out what day I am today!! Still checking CP & CM so kinda keeping track. Not sure I have any signs of ov, have had very regular :sex: so can never tell if its :spermy: or EWCM so I guess I'll just keep going. Having said that had a few niggles in my left ovary tootling round Asda earlier, maybe it will come early this month.
Im so pls'd that we've had another BFP, told DH and even he was impressed. Even tho he thinks Im now bonkers, I've had permission to do what ever I want in our quest to have another baby. Trying much harder with the diet now and will hopefully be moving back to our oil free house next weekend. Once home and settled I've got to get this little lad sleeping through again, my body neeps serious sleep, cant see how I'll ever getback to normal functions without good rest!!
Abs - did you ov yesterday?? Muncho - how much longer till testing? I bet your driving yourself mad.

Ps. I still think my Dr is an idiot but now too scared to change in case they wont refer me in April like he has agreed to! grrr...

ladies
i hope you are all doing ok just to let you know i lost my baby at 8 weeks-didn't develop past 6 weeks so sad x

oh my gosh glitter queen im so sorry!
i cant even imagine how you must feel. x

:hugs: what sad news glitterqueen, so sorry you had to go through that xxx

ok so went for acupuncture today.
I got there early so waited outside for about 10 mins

Normally you use needles to regulate the hormones and relax you.
Today he took my pulse first (the last time he did it was when i 1st went to see him in NOv last year)
He started off by massaging my back and sticking 2 needles in my lower back
Then he said he was going to do something different today without any needles. This was to nourish the blood, then he got what loooked like a thick charcoal pencil, heated it and put it on my knee. Then put the heat lamp over it for 20 mins, then repeated on my other knee.

When he finished i asked him about my pulse and why he did something different today.
He said my pulse was faster today which means implantation could have happened and thats why he had to do something different. Now he is very laid back and said this very casually.
He said from now on we will be working on norishing the blood. I asked 'is this because you think im pregnant?'
he said yes!

I said 'what if im not?'
he said 'then we go back to the needles and regulate the blood not nourish it'
TBH im a bit confused, im taking it with a pinch of salt, I know that they can tell by your pulse as its something to do with the circulatory system working harder.

well, i hope he is right!

glitterqueen, I am so sorry for your loss. My first mc was very similar, went in for 10 wk scan and baby only measured 8 wks with no heartbeat. Please make sure to take some time for you and dh to mourn this very real loss. The body needs time to process and accept what has happened not to mention time to heal physically as well. If you ever need to talk, just let me know. We're all here for you.

:hugs: to you and your family. I'm so sorry.

eeek muncho how can you not get excited!!! So many times the practioner has guessed they are pg before the patient!!!! I've read so many stories saying that happened! I have absolutely everything crossed for you!!!!!!!!! xxxx

Oh muncho, what a positive experience you had today!! I know it's too early to tell (well maybe not for your acu guy!) but still, the positive vibes he's putting out at the very least could be catching!!

Thinking of you and sending lots of continued sticky glue your way. Oh I really really hope this is your month honey!!!

All the best!

JOJO because i ndont want to get my hopes up. Im still being positive but im not letting what he told me convince me that im preganant.
Until i take that test i wont get excited. HOWEVER. its great news :)

muncho
i really hope he is right i am thinking about you and really hope you get your pg xx

muncho
i really hope he is right i am thinking about you and really hope you get your pg xx

I know its really early days yet but have you thought about what your nest steps are?
hearing stories like yours is why i cant get excited . Its such a day to day journey
I was so happy for you and gald you didnt have to go thru all that bullshit if IVF,
Anyyway i have had mine now, so if there is anything i can help with please let me know :hugs:

Glitterqueen,

I'm so sorry to hear your news..you must be devastated. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you x

muncho
i really don't want my experience to upset you -stay positive i was just unlucky. I spoke to Cathy who does my tcm and i will go back to her as i truly believe that was how i conceived but i have also contacted the clinic to see what my next steps are there. Cathy can give me herbs to help get over the m/c.I am determined to get my baby! being pg was wonderful- i will be thinking about you xx

Glitter did you carry in acu whilst preg coz acu can prevent mc?

Also, please be careful about herbs and prep for IVF. My acu man didnt give me any herbs as he knew i was about to start ivf. Your body needs to be free of toxins and in quite a few books they recommend you do a detox prior to ivf. Im sure you know what you are doing, but just wanted to mention it.

That determination will be essential. xx

the good news however is that you know your eggs can fertilised and your embryos can implant as some people have issues with these xx

Glitterqueen, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you and your OH are able to start coming to terms with it soon.
Cathy will get you there again.
PM me if you need to talk.:hugs:
Abi x

I seem to be doing the same thing as last cycle - 3 days post-ov (as I still think it was) with low temps. I've had lots of ewcm today but my cp is less open so I don't know... might BD just to be on the safe side. WishI knew what tomake of it. Maybe it's phlegm obstruction still stoppping everything workin properly. I've ben a bit phlegmy first thing - wuite bad on sunday but fine to do my yoga the last 3 days - and my salive has been mucousy. DOn't know why it's worsened again, but thinking about it, it might explain the cruddy temps.
Quing! Help me!
Abi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"