• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Really Useful TCM Thread

FX'd Jo! I just want someone to fix me already!!!

me too honey me too! Wouldn't it be ace if you could just go chemist buy a pack of clomid, eat a few and get a bfp all within 4 weeks!

Enjoy your christmas, least you can drink and be merry! I'm planning on getting as merry as possible over the next couple of weeks, TTC will have to be an afterthought for a few days, bring on the vino!!!!!

xx

me too honey me too! Wouldn't it be ace if you could just go chemist buy a pack of clomid, eat a few and get a bfp all within 4 weeks!

Enjoy your christmas, least you can drink and be merry! I'm planning on getting as merry as possible over the next couple of weeks, TTC will have to be an afterthought for a few days, bring on the vino!!!!!

xx

You took the words right out of my mouth, haha! Will def be having a drink or two over Christmas. That's the first thing DH said when af arrived in an effort to cheer me up...it worked though! LOL!:hugs:
XO Jen

Hey girls
Ok had my third acupuncture appointment yesterday. Brought along my BBT chart and Cathy said that my luteal phase was waaaayyyy too short. She reassured me again that it can take up to 3 months to see the full effects of the treatment and she gave me the tablets for free. She told me not to stop taking the tea during my period and to start the tablets straight away. Abi they are the same as yours; Kidney Chi pill from the golden cabinet. She said that the ingredients in the tea and the pills were more or less the same (just an extra strong dose!) but she said that I shouldn't have to take the double dose for too long before I got pregnant???? WTF, how on earth can she be so positive it'll happen???? It made me feel loads better anyway! She gave me acupuncture yesterday in my head, hands, wrists, feet and legs and put a heat lamp over my stomach. Was so relaxing and guess what cramps and lower back pain completely disappeared.:happydance: So pleased they've disappeared as that just makes me feel like the treatment is starting to work. So this is lucky cycle no 8, here's hoping Cathy's extra strong dose of herbs does what they're supposed to do and get me a TCM BFP:winkwink: Will be going back next Thursday for my next session...can't wait! Hope everyone else is well! Glitterqueen how did your session go?
xo Jen

I had a vaginal scan yesterday and he told me i did ovulate from the left side ( thats my bad side) just got my cd21 results which were 58 - last month it was 22 (but it was taken on cd25) so thats good.
My lining was 8mm which is good as well -better than 6 weeks ago

so its all moving in the right direction---- alot of it is due to the acupuncture

hopefully if my little egg managed to travel to my right then i may be able to get a BFP in a few days....lets see :)

If we dont speak again, i just want to wish you all a happy christmas xx

21st December (yesterday) - CD8
Quing was pleased my chesty cold had gone, just the mucousy remains in my nose (or a new cold possibly, but if it's only in my nose) - used needles in my upper back and a cup on my upper back again when I was on my front and needles in the fleshy bits next to my thumbs when I was on my back.

For the babymaking I had needles in my scalp and the normal place on my back with the heat lamp on me when I was on my front and needles in my lower legs and abdomen, with the heat lamp over my abdomen when I was on my back.

Hey Jen, I like it that we're taking the same tablets - makes sense when we have the same diagnosis, doesn't it? Way to go with your Cathy's PMA for you! Are you using hot water bottles CD1 - ov? I have a hot wheat bag on my abdomen as much as I possibly can, to help with my cold uterus. Am also easting spicier food and yummy Nairn's ginger oatcakes. Holland & Barratt have a beautiful non-alcoholic ginger drink on offer - really thick, strong and warming. SHoudl have bought some when I was in there on thursday but I had lots of stuff already. Going to pop in there tomorrow I think.
My temps have plummeted - hope this means I'm in for a monster post-ovulation rise!
Abi x

Me too Jen! Quing said to me yesterday that I need to be oving on day 12/13 with a 27-day cycle (longest it's been in the past 5 months). Currently I ov on day 18. Hmmmm. Go, acu! I'm going to paste this onto the acu thread where it belongs...

I had a vaginal scan yesterday and he told me i did ovulate from the left side ( thats my bad side) just got my cd21 results which were 58 - last month it was 22 (but it was taken on cd25) so thats good.

so its all moving in the right direction---- alot of it is due to the acupuncture

hopefully if my little egg managed to travel to my right then i may be able to get a BFP in a few days....lets see :)

Woohoo, muncho, acupuncture is amazing! Good luck for a BFP:happydance: Happy Christmas!
xo

21st December (yesterday) - CD8
Quing was pleased my chesty cold had gone, just the mucousy remains in my nose (or a new cold possibly, but if it's only in my nose) - used needles in my upper back and a cup on my upper back again when I was on my front and needles in the fleshy bits next to my thumbs when I was on my back.

For the babymaking I had needles in my scalp and the normal place on my back with the heat lamp on me when I was on my front and needles in my lower legs and abdomen, with the heat lamp over my abdomen when I was on my back.

Hey Jen, I like it that we're taking the same tablets - makes sense when we have the same diagnosis, doesn't it? Way to go with your Cathy's PMA for you! Are you using hot water bottles CD1 - ov? I have a hot wheat bag on my abdomen as much as I possibly can, to help with my cold uterus. Am also easting spicier food and yummy Nairn's ginger oatcakes. Holland & Barratt have a beautiful non-alcoholic ginger drink on offer - really thick, strong and warming. SHoudl have bought some when I was in there on thursday but I had lots of stuff already. Going to pop in there tomorrow I think.
My temps have plummeted - hope this means I'm in for a monster post-ovulation rise!
Abi x

I haven't been using the hot water bottle but I'm going to start this evening when I get home. Been extra paranoid about cold hands/feet too! Damn pesky snow and cold weather hasn't been helping on that front. That ginger drink sounds lovely! I've literally been drinking loads of peppermint & nettle tea and warm water (sounds boring but at least it's not cold!) I've been eating a fair bit of spicy food. I've given up on trying to not eat any processed food (it's impossible!!!) I think restricting it is the best I can manage unless I stop working full time! Will have to take a nosey at your chart. I'm really, really hoping for early ovulation this month!!! Come on TCM BFP! :happydance:
XO Jen

hi Jen
witch got me yesterday - 21st no cramps before she came-v. unusual! but last night nd today is sore-having said that i am not having the contraction like cramps just a dull ache all the time so thats a positive thank goodness. I had my session yesterday-same needles as you. I take the pills as well as the tea. my next session is 31st. I only have one more period before I try ivf although Cathy is so positive i wonder if i should hold off for a while? she knows about the appointment but sort of gives me a look like I won't need it if you know what i mean!
Abi great minds think alike- i got the ginger drink from holland and barrett its great for killing the taste of the herbs and that bloody wheat grass!! I am going for my day 3 bloods tomorrow can't wait to see how they come out. Got all my bumpf from the ivf clinic today so its all systems go. All i need now is the SA results from my consultant that i asked for 1 week ago and still haven't got-may have to camp outside his office!!
anyway its all sounding really positive on here-forgot to mention that my period was 27/28 days-the first on time one in a year-they were anything from 26-35 so yeah for regular periods-except for even better no period at all !!!!
Merry Christmas everyone encase i forget and heres to BFP for 2010
xxxxxxxxxxxx

sounding good hun hope you get bfp soon xxxxxxxxxx

Great to hear you had positive results Muncho! Fingers crossed that your egg got through! :thumbup:

Glitterqueen, I'm kicking myself for not having bought the ginger drink when I was in the shop last thursday!! I find the wheatgrass OK actually. Apparently the more alkaline your body, the better it tastes, so I clearly dont' have an acidic body. Yay! The more you take it , the better it should taste because it'll be helping to rebalance your acid/alkali levels.

We should be team TCM BFP! What do you think? Someone design it and tell me how to add it to my signature... muncho?!

Jen I love your lemons/gin line; have kept forgetting to mention it.

Abi x

Hey,
Are you girlies getting the wheatgrass you talk about from H&B? how much and when are you taking it? Also what does it do for fertility. I know it has a general overall good antioxidant property but not sure if it did something specific for fertility.
Minimin

I get the Urban Wheatgrass sachets from H&B - 30 for just under £20 and take one a day. The TCM book recommends wheatgrass for conception, mainly for its highly cleansing properties and huge amounts of antioxidants I think. A cleansed body is a healthy one!

i got mine from the local health shop, its in powder .i want to grow my own but am too tight to buy the juicer- its about £40 - i ahve better things to spend my money on.
abs i too dont mind the taste, s maybe i have alkaline body?

yes it does help iwth fertilty, farmers used to give it to chickens in think (its the chrophyll properties which make it so good)

ermmm the idea of the TCM BFP is fab but im crap at these logos. here is a link to a good website. i can do but i cant transfer to my sig. i have tried before..

https://www.sparklee.com/

what about Jen?

ok I just wanted to bookmark this site. I need to go back and read through when I get a chance!

Thanks Muncho and Abaster, I shall be getting them for my next cycle. The number of things for the next cycle are getting longer and longer!
Soy days 3-7
EPO AF1-Ov
CBFM
CM monitoring
BBT
Wheatgrass shots
Softcups after Bding
Pregnacare +800ug extra folic acid
Raspberry tea AF1-Ov

Thats all I can remember.. Phew.. oh yeah and BDing every few days and every day around OV... WOW!

Haha, Abi I was literally just thinking that. I've no idea how to do anything on BnB though. Took me since October to figure out how to do a journal ffs! I'm really sorry to hear the witch got you too glitterqueen! However that is brilliant that your cycle is changing for the positive. I didn't really have any cramps on Sunday but they started that night later on. I was sore on Monday but it disappeared as soon as I had the acupuncture so I took that as an excellent sign! Woohoo, it's working, it's working!!!! :happydance::happydance:
XO Jen

hi Jen
witch got me yesterday - 21st no cramps before she came-v. unusual! but last night nd today is sore-having said that i am not having the contraction like cramps just a dull ache all the time so thats a positive thank goodness. I had my session yesterday-same needles as you. I take the pills as well as the tea. my next session is 31st. I only have one more period before I try ivf although Cathy is so positive i wonder if i should hold off for a while? she knows about the appointment but sort of gives me a look like I won't need it if you know what i mean!
Abi great minds think alike- i got the ginger drink from holland and barrett its great for killing the taste of the herbs and that bloody wheat grass!! I am going for my day 3 bloods tomorrow can't wait to see how they come out. Got all my bumpf from the ivf clinic today so its all systems go. All i need now is the SA results from my consultant that i asked for 1 week ago and still haven't got-may have to camp outside his office!!
anyway its all sounding really positive on here-forgot to mention that my period was 27/28 days-the first on time one in a year-they were anything from 26-35 so yeah for regular periods-except for even better no period at all !!!!
Merry Christmas everyone encase i forget and heres to BFP for 2010
xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean about Cathy's PMA glitterqueen...it's a bit unsettling but seriously addictive!!! If she has this much faith it'll happen then I'm happy enough to believe her!! :happydance:
XO

Was an interesting session today, we caught up on the last 2 2weeks and Norway and todays appt at the Lister
She said my energy was VERY good , in most of her clients she would get that level of energy at the end of the session.

My liver and adrenal glands are not blocked anymore, everything was perfect.

She asked me what i liked baout myself - took me ages to think of soehting but i said i am a fair person, driven passionate and determined.

Then she asked what i didnt like about myself---tough one ! i said ..im obsessive, stubborn ( so hubbie tells me)

She kept telling me that i am going to get pregnant,she knows she is not a mind reader but she just knows .....ehhhhhhhh WHEN IS IT GONNA HAPPEN THEN??

When we left she said to me 'ring me if you have any news' What does that mean , what news would i be ringing her about other than IM PREGGERS

so strange

Jen and Glitter: my lady sounds like your lady

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"