The Really Useful TCM Thread

Reba,

I would continue with the Clomid if that is what your dr prescribed (assume he/she is okay with approx 6 mos of Clomid then if it comes to that?). There's some research to show that most happen in the first 3 months, but that doesn't mean that a BFP can't happen anytime after that. I think those statistics probably account for women who respond poorly to Clomid and have no fertile cm and a thin uterine lining. And I'd say it still gives you increased chances over taking nothing at all.

At your appt in 17 weeks that will be a great time to ask about the injections. I'd also keep calling every few weeks to try to snag a cancellation or if you can leave a note with the receptionist to give you a call asap when someone cancels, not sure if that's an option.

thanks Bernina - yeah i was given 6 months so i might as well take them. I was thinking of changing the days I take them though - normally 2-6 but might do 3-7 this month, 4-8 next and 5-9 the last month as Ive read the later you take it the less eggs but better quality and better lining - i dont want to just go straight to 5-9 incase that really messes me up!

I did clomid cd 5-9 as the goal was to help 1 or 2 eggs mature and it seemed to work, on the scans I had great sized follicles and a good thick lining. I think your plan sounds great, try all the different scenarios out, don't think you can go wrong with that!

thanks Bernina - i really hope my plan works. I got AF today (proper flow) so thats only 2 days of spotting so the clomid might be working, slowly but surely. At least I can go back to FS and tell her that as she was of the thinking that the spotting wasnt hormonal and prob a fibroid but said to try the clomid and see if it helped first before having the hysteroscopy to check for fibroids.

That's great Reba. 2 days of spotting is what many many women experience and it doesn't give most of them any problem ttc, so sounds like your body is getting on track!! :)

Well ladies bfn afte iui, then just got worse with fs tellingme chances of ivf working for me are slim as i only produced 2 follicles with stilulation amh 7.5 fsh 9.6 . he is willing to try again with highter drugs for stimulation but recommended donor eggs. totally shocked, cried all weekend. good point was the womb lining was excellent so that was prob the accupuncture. he said he can't make me produce eggs that aren't there.so will try one omore time with poun eggs on higher stimulating drugs then its on to donor eggs. cried all weekend so shocked. all advice on making quality eggs welcome xx

Oh Glitter..that must have come as some shock. Not surprising you cried all weekend:hugs: I wish I had some advice about how to improve egg quality but unfortunately I don't. Just wondered what stimulating drug you were on and at what dose?? Even the slightest little tweak on those can make a difference. For example on Gonal-f 75iu after my miscarriage I wasn't responding at all by day 10...dose was upped to 112.5 for 4 days and got a follicle. Next cycle took 112.5iu for whole time and had four mature follies. Obviously no BFP yet but the increased dose could really help.

Aww glitter, I know that news had to be hard to hear. Fitzy is right though, even a small tweak in the dosage can make a big difference to those follies.

Glad your FS is willing to give it another go though, that is definitely something positive to focus on.

My acupuncturist recommended royal jelly for egg quality (not sure on quantity). I'm sure if you have a conversation with your acupuncturist they will steer you in the right direction if any type of treatment/supplement exists.

Glitter - so sorry to hear your news - that must of come as a shock.

I too have read about the royal jelly helping the egg quality (i took it but had an allergic reaction so be careful). Good that the FS is willing to give it another go and hopefully a high does of drugs is all you need.

Was the IUI private or on NHS? How many goes of that do you get? I read somewhere that it was 3 free goes but not sure if thats right.

Dont give up hope :hugs:

thanks ladies, i can always rely on you to cheer me up. I was on 3 vuals 75mg of menupur daily and he is upping it to 4 vials, i want him to blast me with 5 but i have to trust he knows best.
i was private reba, it was supposed to be ivf but only got 2 follicles so downgraded to iui rather than take the chance of paying full orice for procedure and not getting eggs from follicles or only getting 2 eggs max and them not fertilising or being damaged so at least we got money back to try again.
today starts healthy eating, exercise, supplements and royal jelly. aiming to lose 2.5 stone by feb next year.put on half a stone with ivf meds so want to comfort eat!!
giving myself a break from accuouncture at the minute-totally broke!!
trying to find somewhere reasonable to stay near clinic for treatment-not easy!

Hi girls,

I havn't been on here in ages and basically try to stay away from the forums as it just tends to stress me. For some reason I really wanted to check on here tonight to see if any of my tcm girls had gotten their BFP's. It's not fair I was hoping it would all be good news!

Glitter, that must have been so hard to hear, but I think you can do it I really do. As you said just live as healthily as you can up to your next try and maybe try meditating or anything that will relax you. As the other girls said Royal Jelly is great for egg quality, just make sure your not allergic. Also Co-enzyme Q10, Zinc, DHEA and L-arginine which is an amino acid have been shown to have great effects on egg quality and production.

Fitzy, are you still doing Ovulaton induction with injectables? Hows it all going?

Reba, sorry the clomid hasn't worked for you yet. I am on my first clomid cycle this month and am currently cd 30 but didn't O till late on the clomid (cd20). I was on 50mg from days 2-6. I ovulate but my progesterone levels are never high enough so indicate I don't Ov strongly. Clomid is sposed to help but I'm not feeling hopeful as I have all my usual PMS signs and I'm 10dpo.

Bernina, hows everything goin for you? When is your due date?

Hi everyone- sorry to hear there haven't been BFPs. I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you as you so deserve it.

Glitter- so sorry to hear your news. You must be devastated. I know it's hard but please don't give up hope- I have also heard that DHEA is meant to be great for egg quality. A lady I know who is undergoing IVf with poor ovarian reserve has been told to take it by her FS. My other friend who is 41 is now 26 weeks pg, she had been trying for years and was and was told unlikely to get pg (she wasn't eligible for ivf because of age) as her fsh was over 11 - anyway she conceived naturally. I really hope the ivf works for you.

Babydust to you all

Xxx

Daydream - good to hear from you. I really hope the clomid works. Don't read too much into the pms signs- I had loads right before my bfp. 10dpo is great- fingers crossed af stays away for 9months!! Xx

Hi daydream and lulu, hope you're both doing well.

daydream, like lulu said PMS signs don't necessarily mean you're out. I had mild period like cramping for days maybe even weeks after my BFP. In fact it felt so eerily similar that I had to run to the loo every few minutes to check to see if AF had started.

I'm doing well thanks, starting to go through some growing pains. Due date is April 8 which seems so far away but I know it will be here before I know it.

Hope everyone is having a nice week.

:dust:

Hi Daydream..having had two failed injectable cycles after my m/c I was feeling very vulnerable and in need of a break so skipped last month and am waiting on provera induced AF to start a fresh cycle of injections. I only have 3 more tries on them before moving me on to IVF so really hope it doesn't come to that. Thanks for the good wishes!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100701145535.htm

Glitter - here is an article on DHEA that a friend forwarded to me xx

Fitzy - good luck with the next cycle of injectibles xxx

thankds for the info ladies!
i have e-mailed my clinic to ask advice about taking dhea intrested to see what he says but i reakky want to take it. i have ordered my pregnacare conception vits and royal jelly i am determined to get my bfp. healthy eating as well but it is killing me! lol
ladies lets get loads of bfp for xmas xxx

Glitter - you will get your BFP, Im sure of it. Good luck with the healthy eating - you can do it - think of the end result (a yummy mummy)!!!

And yes - loads of BFP's for christmas, santa please!!!!

Hi girls, just popped on here to see how everyone was doing and it looks a little busier again now.. Last ime I checked no one had been on for ages.

Just wanted to say that I ahd started on DHEA whenI got pregnant too, who knows if it helped but I got that precious BFP, Zita West recommends it, says its as important as folic acid when your trying.

Hope your all keeping well apart from the frustrations of ttc x x x x

Lau

Hey Laummatt

Welcome back - i see your 35 weeks now - not too long left - you must be getting excited?

I think I might get the DHEA too then - i must re-read my Zita West book - I'll try anything at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->