The savings Thread

Mazzy17

Reaction score
Thought i would start one up to help each other with ideas to save for the time of year.

Me and hubby have a pot and once pay day is here, we will put in a set amount.

I put any spare £1s in the stamp machine in Tescos when i visit...so i have 2 cards of £50 now.

I also do online surveys (Jenny Wren is the queen of these) Populuslive, Onepoll (although i have been on this for 2 years and am only JUST getting to the payout) and valued opinions

Erm....anyone else want to put ideas in?

opinion world is my favourite for surveys

:thumbup:

also coupons and freebies/samples you can get online
and in store in magazines come in handy, coupons save me
money on my food shopping and could be used for hamper items
i also make up beauty boxes with freebies i get during the year
most stores will give you some if you ask nicely

:haha:

i also put away money each month though a scheme
at my ohs work, we get the cheque at the end of november
so perfect for xmas, might be worth asking if other workplaces
do something similar?

change jars are always good too, everything under 50p gets
chucked into jars in our house

:thumbup:

Ohhh forgot about opinion world! How do they payout?

I don't do any surveys/saving stamps but I do buy things all year round.
Asda often have girls hair bits/ jewellery for stocking reduced so I pick up a few each visit.
I know some people are funny about second hand things but I've picked up books from car boots or school table top sales also a few used lego sets off Ebay.

We always do an indoor christmas car boot in November & sell off any expensive toys on Ebay too.

Never thought to go car boot. Do shop year round must admit i love the January sales :haha:

I do surveys, and have lots of envelopes, at the end of each month I draw out anything extra in the bank and pop it in the envelopes and at the end of each week as DH is paid cash anything that we haven't used also goes into the envelopes. I have one for family birthdays, one for Christmas, one for the car tax, one for summer holidays etc etc etc

I'm only using Populus and Opinionworld now. All my other accounts have £5-15 but not high enough for payout.

My charity shop seems to be picking up over the year so will be going in there.
eBay bulk/job lot
Facebook raffles and auctions

I save with park and only get the high street vouchers also my butchers does stamps so I get some of them a week and that's my meat sorted for over the Christmas period Iceland u can save on your bonus card or stamps put towards your food also wilkinsons do saving cards too

I do lots of surveys, and opionionworld is my favourite too :thumbup:

Any idea why i am only getting 'donate to charity' surveys on opinion world.

Any idea why i am only getting 'donate to charity' surveys on opinion world.

if you've only just started or left it a while between
logging in they make you do a few unpaid ones before they
start forking out money, you'll get paid ones through
eventually, happened to me when i went on holiday last

:flower:

I am interested in perhaps doing surveys, is it too late to start now?

Also, I missed out on the Argos 3for2 this year AND last year. Does anyone know about any other 'regular' dates for offers etc. I recall early learning do 20% sometime in the lead up to Christmas. Any other shops/deals I should keep a look out for?

Your best and safest bet with surveys is mysurvey and Opinionworld. Easiest to cash out on low amounts.

I think Argos do another 3 for 2 near Christmas and Tesco does one between Oct and Nov.

Totally failed at surveys this year just havn't had the time. although i did get to £50 on populus so thats something.

I've been buying bits as i see and using camelcamelcamel to get things as cheap as possible on amazon.
I've found it a bit harder to get bargains this year for my oldest as he's at that age where he knows what he wants and probs wont appreciate a load of stuff just cos it was cheap. My youngest is still at that stage thankfully makes it a lot cheaper :')

Sainsburys normally have a toy sale on this month usually the week before half term and black friday has some good deals if you catch them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->