the start of my bfp?

Got my beta back today, it's 182! Follow up beta is on tuesday, and my first ultrasound is on June 8th. We did genetic testing so found out the gender and it's a boy!

Did you test each embryo before transfer like PGD? I ask because most all Genetic tests aren't done until 11 weeks or more. Pretty cool though!

Yes! We tested all of our embryos. Once we felt good about this little guy being snuggled in, we went ahead and looked!

Super cool! Congrats again!!!:happydance:

Oh wow I didn't know you could find out gender so early! Congratulations! :)

If there are any perks to having to go through ivf, this is definitely one!! They test the chromosomes and find out the gender among other tests to make sure the embryos are healthy

I haven't had to go through IVF or anything, but it is interesting to hear how far science has come with everything! It's so crazy to think when they are putting those fertilized eggs in you that they are happy and 100% healthy embryo's and to know the sex on top of that! Amazing. I know 6 years is a very long, esp, when it comes to trying for a baby, I've had fertility issue's myself, we just never could afford traditional fertility treatments, so I've done everything in my power to make it happen. Funny thing is after we gave up, like I literally in my heart can honestly say I had given up, had accepted it and was okay with it just being us. I was even starting to dream about what our life was going to be like without children, and I have to admit, once I had truly let go of the idea of a baby, a babyless life started to seem like fun and adventure. Then BAM I was pregnant. She was a complete surprise. It happened a yr after we quit "trying" but what the heck? I thought I was seeing things when I took the test. I had planned on like usual peeing in the cup, dropping in urine, setting down the test on the bathroom counter, and commencing to picking at my face while I waited to see yet another one liner. And I swear, before I could even get the test set down on the counter and the urine cross over the whole thing, it was BLAZING +, even before the control line had time to come up! It was absolutely unbelievable and all I could was laugh, the situation just seemed so ridiculous. To have tried for so long and riding that roller coaster and always having stark negative tests, now that I'm planning a life as just a couple, I'm staring at two lines! The thing just seemed so ridiculous to me. We were not trying not preventing for 10 years, and 2-3 years of that actively trying with all the stops pulled out.

Anyways, I am just so happy for you and I don't even know you. I just know what it feels like to want something so badly it makes your heart ache just thinking about it and not understanding why it's not happening, and it is happening to everyone else around you, some of them multiple times, and then not being able to wrap your head around why women who don't want kids and abort them, or keep them and abuse them, are fertile as f**k and it's not happening for you. I know that feeling all too well, and I also know how exciting, scary, confusing, happy, and every other emotion in between it feels when you do finally see those two beautiful pink lines that you thought would never happen. So, congratulations, try to relax and treat yourself to some pampering. It does the body, mind, and soul good, and after the 6 yrs of pins and needles you've been on, you deserve it! Go get a massage, facial, your mani pedi, haircut, mud bath, etc, what ever tickles your fancy. You TTC journey has ended which is wonderful, but your pregnancy journey is just beginning, and you should start it off with a memorable day of pampering, hell do a couples day at the spa! Groupon is a great way to get lots of pampering without spending a fortune! Congratulations, you are in my heart and prayers, and I wish you all the best during your pregnancy journey and after your parenting journey begins. Because, after all is said and done, we all the same at the core of this and are in it together, we all have the same goal in mind and I don't know about you but I would of lost my mind a long time ago had it not been for this forum and the wonderful ladies it's made of :cloud9:

Thank you so much for such a beautiful post! Maybe it's hormones, but I started to cry. I'm so glad you got such a wonderful surprise in your little girl. I agree that we are all in this together, and I'm totally addicted to bnb because of ladies like you. The support is incredible! Thank you again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->