The Thread of Anything But....

See as my Dad says, the weather in Scotland maybe unpredictable and certainly wet and greyish, but at least it's not trying to kill you.

I've had the hurricanes, bushfires, monsoonal rains all that stuff when I lived abroad, worst that happens here is my washing gets all wet and my hair gets trashed. Mind you last 2 winters we've been up to our balls in snow...

Macwooly loving your Skye pics I'll donate some Highland pics in a while, I have to re-size them first.

See as my Dad says, the weather in Scotland maybe unpredictable and certainly wet and greyish, but at least it's not trying to kill you.

I've had the hurricanes, bushfires, monsoonal rains all that stuff when I lived abroad, worst that happens here is my washing gets all wet and my hair gets trashed. Mind you last 2 winters we've been up to our balls in snow...

Macwooly loving your Skye pics I'll donate some Highland pics in a while, I have to re-size them first.

Bushfires - why I will NEVER live in southrrn cali again. Got too close for comfort

I woke up one morning with my dogs howling at the sirens, the bushfire was in the national park adjacent to my garden....sunshine has it's downsides.

Can´t complain really, it has not been a bad Summer for the UK...

That must be "the mainland" - here in Norn Iron it's been all sorts of crap...

Still, as NS says, it won't kill you, unless you've some sort of very chronic SAD...

Here are some photos of places in Scotland I have taken on some of my holiday there. First is Loch Lomond; not exactly sure where the 2nd one was taken but on my travels along the west coast of Scotland to the ferry to the Isle of Skye.
The third is the cottage DH & I stayed in on our first honeymoon to the Isle of Skye and the last 2 photos were taken on the Isle of Skye.

Unlike Scotland the West Midlands has had sun and a warm 19C today :)

Beautiful pictures...

IDK...They are predicting a category 3 by tomorrow, and maybe a category 5-6 by the time it hits the Mid-Atlantic coast...but things change quickly with these storms...very unpredictable....so, who knows. :shrug: The warnings have already begun, though....

Yes apparently there was a earthquake outside of Charlotteville VA where Monicello is. I didn't feel it but my babysitter and son were upstairs and it freaked him out he took my son and ran home to Mommy next door. I'm from the West coast and lived in Alaska and we always have earthquakes. I didn't feel it because I was having a medical procedure done.

IDK...They are predicting a category 3 by tomorrow, and maybe a category 5-6 by the time it hits the Mid-Atlantic coast...but things change quickly with these storms...very unpredictable....so, who knows. :shrug: The warnings have already begun, though....

Make sure we know if you have to evacuate! You know the rule! :hugs:

Chasing someone down in the UK is much harder; I'd have to go through TSA and all. Jumping in the Honda is another story, LOL. :haha:

My hubby called me to ask if I felt it bcuz they felt it at work...I did lose my balance on the stairs, but I assumed it was bcuz of the dogs racing down with me...Yes, I have races with the dogs.:haha:

Chasing someone down in the UK is much harder; I'd have to go through TSA and all. Jumping in the Honda is another story, LOL. :haha:

Yes we need to know everyone is keeping safe!

Ok....:hugs:.....so glad we have the Pilot....The Maxima sucks in storms....

Ok....:hugs:.....so glad we have the Pilot....The Maxima sucks in storms....

Stay safe:thumbup: I do NOT miss hurricane season!!:growlmad: Things can change so quickly with them...scary for sure

Watching Bizarre Foods on the travel channel..........gross, but interesting. I told DS I'm getting ideas for dinner lol

I think Andrew Zimmern is adorable! I just want to hug him. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->