The Thread of Anything But....

What is the UK weather like today? Any signs of fall? It's 85 here.

Dmom it's been naff here today!!! Damp and cold 14 degrees, think that's about 58? Yesterday it was summer, in the 70s and sunshine!! I read in the paper that due to our warm dry spring the leaves are starting to fall early but they all look like they're staying put on our trees round here and no pretty colours yet.

Did I just hear the east coast of the US had a big earthquake? Hope you guys over there are all ok :hugs:

What is the UK weather like today? Any signs of fall? It's 85 here.

It´s grey, drizzly and yes... fall is starting :nope:
We don´t get much of a Summer here!!

My mother lives in Texas and when she phones she makes me sooo jealous by telling how she is sunbathing by the pool in the heat.
Heat? Sun? what´s that :haha::haha:

Can´t complain really, it has not been a bad Summer for the UK...

I got bit to death up there in your neck of the woods and it wasn't even warm!!!

Bad food? Haggis?????

I LOVE Haggis :thumbup:

Isn't that the meat product mixed with oats and boiled in something unspeakable? :sick:

It´s made of parts of animals I don´t like to eat... :sick:
Apparently they are delicious but I have not tried them.. quite fussy with meats.... and parts of animals...

it's traditionallly cooked in the lining of a sheeps stomach. at a Burn's Supper there's a tradition that it's piped in (bagpipes!), eaten along with lots of whisky and robbie burns poetry.. and more whisky

see... we're all barking :fool:

Here are some photos of places in Scotland I have taken on some of my holiday there. First is Loch Lomond; not exactly sure where the 2nd one was taken but on my travels along the west coast of Scotland to the ferry to the Isle of Skye.
The third is the cottage DH & I stayed in on our first honeymoon to the Isle of Skye and the last 2 photos were taken on the Isle of Skye.

Unlike Scotland the West Midlands has had sun and a warm 19C today :)

Attachments

• Loch Lomond.jpg
    Loch Lomond.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1
  • Scotland.jpg
    Scotland.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
  • Honeymoon cottage Skye.jpg
    Honeymoon cottage Skye.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Skye.jpg
    Skye.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Skye1.jpg
    Skye1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
Earthquake?
I might have to break my own rules and actually turn on the news.

It's absolutely beautiful here today. Sunny, blue skies and probably 80 degrees. We needed jackets to run errands this morning, but now it's quite warm. I might take the dog for a walk tonight.

Here are some photos of places in Scotland I have taken on some of my holiday there. First is Loch Lomond; not exactly sure where the 2nd one was taken but on my travels along the west coast of Scotland to the ferry to the Isle of Skye.
The third is the cottage DH & I stayed in on our first honeymoon to the Isle of Skye and the last 2 photos were taken on the Isle of Skye.

Unlike Scotland the West Midlands has had sun and a warm 19C today :)

Wow!! Amazing place!!!

I got bit to death up there in your neck of the woods and it wasn't even warm!!!

Bad food? Haggis?????

Isn't that the meat product mixed with oats and boiled in something unspeakable? :sick:

Apparently they are delicious but I have not tried them.. quite fussy with meats.... and parts of animals...

it's traditionallly cooked in the lining of a sheeps stomach. at a Burn's Supper there's a tradition that it's piped in (bagpipes!), eaten along with lots of whisky and robbie burns poetry.. and more whisky

There was never hope I would be anything but barking as part scottish, part irish with a dose of geordie thrown in and born in yorkshire :wacko:

Bad food? Haggis?????

There was never hope I would be anything but barking as part scottish, part irish with a dose of geordie thrown in and born in yorkshire :wacko:

sound great combo to me :haha:

Bad food? Haggis?????

Yup :thumbup:

Do they taste as nice? I have heard they do
I have seen them, didn´t try them.

I think it is an acquired taste :) Apparently I had my first haggis at 14 months old

DH's office felt the earthquake...in NC....

In other news, we may get a hurricane on Saturday....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->