The Thread of Anything But....

Ok ladies why does the UK seller sultanas and raisins separately when they seem to be the same thing to me? :shrug:

Well I prefer sultanas to raisins as raisins just seem like withered old sultanas to me and sultanas are a lighter colour and more juicy. I think I heard that sultanas were made from white grapes and raisins from red but I am not sure if that is true.

Well I prefer sultanas to raisins as raisins just seem like withered old sultanas to me and sultanas are a lighter colour and more juicy. I think I heard that sultanas were made from white grapes and raisins from red but I am not sure if that is true.

M thank you :thumbup: I don't care if it is true or not from now on that's the explanation to me :thumbup:

That is what I always heard too :thumbup:

We just call them golden raisins or just raisins for the purple ones, LOL

Hi ladies!!
ACK!! Freaking out, so much to do before trip!
Just spent 1.5 hours on phone (the whole duration of Zoë's nap) with my cell phone provider to get a better deal. Is 20 outfits for 8 days too much for Zoë :wacko:

Hi ladies!!
ACK!! Freaking out, so much to do before trip!
Just spent 1.5 hours on phone (the whole duration of Zoë's nap) with my cell phone provider to get a better deal. Is 20 outfits for 8 days too much for Zoë :wacko:

I wud usually take two outfits for each day and some extra so that sounds good to me,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

As in too much Brooke? It doesn't take up a lot of room because she's still wearing 9 months stuff... But maybe I should bring less and just wash it there??

Bring extra so you don't have to worry about laundry or her getting soiled.

Ok, just wanted to know what is like to live in Glasgow and Ireland. Is it as pretty as they say it is? I live on the Virginia coast and it is hot and humid here...It starting to become fall because all the leaves are turning color...

Glasgow itself is not that pretty a town, but the surrounding countryside is green and lush, and it's not far from the coast, Scotland has some of the best scenery and historical attractions in the world and I love it here. It's the rain that makes Scotland and Ireland so pretty, and our weather is very changeable, which can be a bit of pain when you are trying to plan outdoor activities. I've lived in quite a few different countries but I'm so happy to be back in my homeland.

Northstar - do the gnats get you too??? :haha: xXx

Midgies? Not so much in the city no, but you go onto the west coast then there are plenty of them.

The bad food bothers me more than the midgies, but I'm getting used to it again.

I got bit to death up there in your neck of the woods and it wasn't even warm!!!

Bad food? Haggis?????

hi ladies .. i'm in the savoury gang too... pavolova.. ack... bleeugh.. although i do like millionnaire shortbread!

midges here in abundance.... i'm near loch ness were its really pretty x

Wow Loch Ness, I can´t wait to see it!
I have been in Edimburgh, that is all. Wish I had seen more of Scotland! wonderful place, very friendly people :thumbup:!

Stuck here in Wales at the moment, overworked:cry: wish I had more time to travel...

What is the UK weather like today? Any signs of fall? It's 85 here.

A sultana is an undead grape, an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultana_(grape)abomination in the eyes of God, it's what happens when a grape decomposes.

:rofl:

Totally totally agree...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"