The Thread of Calm

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Here is our new home for calm TTC-ing.

Feel free to chat about everything and anything, taking the relaxed approach.

:flower:

:wohoo: Thanks aimee-lou! You rock! :thumbup:

Good luck to all the relaxed ladies out there and hello! :flower:

Hurrah! I'm in!! Thanks aimee-lou :thumbup: Looking forward chatting with all you like-minded ladies. I hope we can keep this thread going once we've got our BFP's in our owntime(!) If TTC'ing is daunting, I can only imagine how bewildering and exciting the next stages are! :hugs:

Hiya! Thanks NotNic for inviting me over here :) I will try to absorb the calm...I need some since although my approach to TTC is relaxed, my emotions are not!

Hi again girls-

I found this link in the NTNP site and I think the name rocks! I will admit upfront, I am stalking/posting in the TTC room as well; I think I fit in the middle somewhere, but I really need a group that can keep me grounded in reality! LOL

I am trying to be stress free and let everything happen even while taking fertility meds. I have been pretty calm over the past two weeks and I am hoping to stay calm through my cycle this month (started today). I resolved while I am taking fertility meds, I must be calm and I must not mention TTC to the DH, just jump on top of him every other day:happydance:

If it happens this month then it was meant to be, if not, I will continue on my routine and look on the bright side. I am sick of feeling helpless. Nothing but cool calm and relaxed body this month.

Thanks for making this thread. I am hoping it will remind me to take it easy and stay relaxed.

So ladies, what do you all do to keep busy? What do you do for hobbies?

I like to read young adult novels, scrapbook, hike in the beautiful Colorado scenery, photography, cuddling with my cats, and watch my massive DVD collection filled with chick flicks, disney movies, harry potter and star wars. Dh is trying to get me into fishing and I beat him every time we fish.

I attached pics of the Colorado mountains, a waterfall in NC near my grandmothers house, my kitty Elphie, my first fish I caught in CO and a tulip in my garden.

Attachments

• August 162.jpg
    August 162.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1
  • north carolina 174.jpg
    north carolina 174.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
  • kibbies fall 007.jpg
    kibbies fall 007.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
  • fishing and flowers 247.jpg
    fishing and flowers 247.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
  • fishing and flowers 132.jpg
    fishing and flowers 132.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
So ladies, what do you all do to keep busy? What do you do for hobbies?

I like to read young adult novels, scrapbook, hike in the beautiful Colorado scenery, photography, cuddling with my cats, and watch my massive DVD collection filled with chick flicks, disney movies, harry potter and star wars. Dh is trying to get me into fishing and I beat him every time we fish.

I attached pics of the Colorado mountains, a waterfall in NC near my grandmothers house, my kitty Elphie, my first fish I caught in CO and a tulip in my garden.

Your kitty is adorable! I have two puppies and a cat; depending on what day of the week it is I might call my DH my third dog, lol. Where in CO are you? My in laws are all in Parker, outside of Denver.

Lovely pics wantanerd! :thumbup: Your hobbies sound like they keep you busy. Me - I work 4 days a week and in my spare time I like to take my LO swimming and on day trips. I own a sewing machine and try to make things! lol
I have a little dog but he's getting a bit old now and doesn't do much. Hubby is a student and he's currently revising next to me.

Relaxed is good - my mantra on life lol. My dad has always said 'if you worry and it happens, then it'll happen anyway. If you worry and it doesn't happen, then you've worried for nothing.' - so keeping relaxed 'enjoying' the TTC :winkwink: and going with the flow of life is definitely the way forward! :thumbup:

Welcome ladies and here's to serenity! :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I'm an EA, working full time in the City and I'm currently learning to drive and coming to the end of my first year doing an Open University degree. In my free time I love to bake. I'm a baking fiend! I also enjoy swimming to de-stress, but tbh I haven't really done much recently :blush: I have two beautiful cats - Layla and Lottie, who keep me company when hubby is doing one of his million hobbies, and I loove my kindle. When it's all written down it sounds very much like I need a calm approach! He he. I barely have time for BD'ing ;)

PS. Glad you made it over here Lyra! :flower:

Hello Ladies! I journal, draw, make things, and read a lot (my kindle is definitely the best present I ever got!). I also watch hours of TV, I am totally addicted to series like Friends or How I met your Mother, CSI and my favourite of all, Dexter. I guess I am a geekette, as I have a blog and play on video games. Reading this I have just realised that I relax more than I do anything else actually! :)

Yay, thanks for setting up the thread Aimee Lou! So nice to have a place to chill out and relax while TTC! We are actually taking a month off this month because I have a big work commitment in February which would clash with my due date if I got pregnant this cycle. So I'm technically WTT this month and concentrating on trying to get my cycle sorted a bit with B6 and Vitex. But I'm going to hang around here for the calm anyway!

Hi ladies, glad to see we have a new calm place.

Polaris, hubby is from Limerick, the oh so lovely stab city.

Polaris, hubby is from Limerick, the oh so lovely stab city.

Stab city? Really?

My FIL lives in Dublin and I have family over there and I never would have thought of it like that? :shrug:

I have never been to Limerick. The reason it is known as stab city is because they have a lot of problems with gangs and there are some really really bad areas of Limerick. But I believe that the majority of Limerick is fine, it's just particular housing estates and particular families. My brother lives in Nottingham which always comes out bottom of the list of places to live in the UK and has a bad reputation for gun crime and gangs, but again it is really just in certain areas and most of Nottingham is absolutely lovely in my opinion.

I have never been to Limerick. The reason it is known as stab city is because they have a lot of problems with gangs and there are some really really bad areas of Limerick. But I believe that the majority of Limerick is fine, it's just particular housing estates and particular families. My brother lives in Nottingham which always comes out bottom of the list of places to live in the UK and has a bad reputation for gun crime and gangs, but again it is really just in certain areas and most of Nottingham is absolutely lovely in my opinion.

You're right about Nottingham. I have a lot of family in that area and I've never encountered a problem so I suppose it's just the same.

I don't know why but I'm always shocked when I hear a bad thing about ireland :blush:

According to the 'books' i should be OVing today.......hmmmmmm :shrug: Who knows lol.

Blood test at the Dr's for me today - hate it but it has to be done. Damn you under-active Thyroid! :growlmad:

His family come from outside Limerick, but the first time I went there he took me via South Hill.... not the best introduction to the city!

Hobbies, I love walking, dressmaking when I have time, I devour books, I travel as much as I can and I'm currently setting up my own business which is due to launch fully by the end of June. Busy time, but isn't it always?!

Got a doctors appointment as when I had my implant out my bp was insanely high. I used to be on medication but I've been off it for a year and been fine. Need all the calm I can get today.

Got 'what to expect when you're expecting' off readitswapit yesterday, it has a great conception section too, its the third book I've gotten but definately the best.

I have bloodwork today as well. I also have under active thyroid! Was supposed to have bloodwork done yesterday but the people at the FS can never get my veins! They poked me three different times before I said no more (my numbing cream was about to wear off. It is a godsend for me since I can't stand needles). Today I am going to Air force lab techs who have never failed in getting my vein the first time around. I have been poked more in the past six months than I have been in the last 20+ years.
It will all be worth it if that:bfp: finally comes after this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->