The Thread of Calm

Yay for Thomas being weaned Polaris! That is awesome that you were able to BF for so long and that he just naturally stopped for you. Sorry to hear that AF has showed but like you said at least it's a normal cycle. I am sure with Thomas being weaned your periods will continue to be normal and that you will be PG soon afterwards. I have 2 years 7 months between my two and it's not that bad of an age gap. Just think, by the time a new LO comes along Thomas will be completely potty trained and will be able to do so many things for himself while you are tending to the new baby. For instance, he will be able to get a drink (already made up) and a pull out snack from the fridge by himself, he will be going to the potty all by himself, he will be able to play by himself and he will be able to help with the new baby. All of this isn't possible with the smaller age gaps.

NotNic, I totally get the wanting to not have a baby during certain months. I am sure your cousin will be so thankful for all of your help. I don't think that stopping TTC for a few months is putting your life on hold, if anything it's living your life the way you want to.

Hey girls.

Well AF never properly arrived and the spotting has totally stopped now. Don't really have any symptoms but my temperature went back up this morning. Feeling a bit hopeful again. Am going to wait until Wednesday to test if AF not here. Mainly because I have a very busy day tomorrow so would prefer to wait.

I caved and tested this morning with a FRER - BFN. I was really thinking it would be positive as my temperature is still high. Now I have no idea what is going on with my body. Could those four days of spotting have been AF??? I did think on Sunday that it was definitely AF but then it just stopped rather than turning into anything. :shrug:

Polaris - sorry your body is messing you around. Could it be with Thomas weaning it's messed up your cycles? I don't know about temps but would your temp go back up after AF? I hope things settle down for you soon.

Things are ok here. Not a lot going on. Waiting to go to the hospital on Thursday to go and have a blood test for my thyroid. No symptoms to speak of as the sicky feeling I had turned out to be the start of a cold. I have a really nasty sore throat and cough now, and can't take anything for it! :dohh:

Need to remind myself to be calm today, got the +OPKs, EWCM, but 4 days later still no temp rise so I'm starting to think my body didn't actually manage to OV this month. Which is a new issue for me!

Hi Dinah, Don't worry if you end up not ovulating this month. I think you might be having very similar cycles to me. Mine were light and short, but this cycle has been 53 days long so far. I went to the doctors and they think I have ovulated really late (in essence one month late!) and I am now in the 2WW. (Though OH and I didn't really BD and had no way of knowing when our fertile period was so I'm not expecting a BFP) My Dr said that it was a myth that it takes 3-6months for cycles to return properly. Doctors expect for our bodies to take anything up to 3-6 months to begin ovulating, and can take an extra 6 months to become regular - which is why they like us to wait 12 months before undertaking more investigation. If you don't ovulate, or ovulate late then it's probably a slightly squiffy cycle, and nothing for you to be too concerned about. :hugs:

Relaxing this month totally helped!!!! I got a BFP!!!!!

I bded from Sept 9-11, took the day off sept 12 (day of my trigger shot) and bded in the morning Sept 13-15 and I got a BFP from a bloodtest yesterday!!!!!

I didn't worry about anything. The only thing I did was prop a pillow under me and hold my legs up for 15 minutes!

Congratulations wantanerd! Really pleased for you, that is fantastic news.

I've no idea what is going on with my body. I figure that the couple of days of spotting that I had must have been AF. It was only Sunday that it was even heavy spotting and Sunday night it stopped. Actually my last AF was super light too but I put that down to having had an anovulatory cycle. Now I'm trying not to stress about what it means to have a really light AF!

wantanerd- Congratulations! A happy and healthy nine months ahead for you! :flower:

Dinah- stay calm, it can still happen. Much :dust: for you!

Aimee- no symptoms is not a bad thing. I got lucky with both boys and had very few symptoms and I cherish that. Fingers crossed that you will be so lucky too.

NotNic- sorry to hear that you O'd so late but at least you O'd and have an idea of when the witch should be showing up.

Polaris- maybe with Thomas weaning your cycles are settling back in. I wouldn't worry too much about a light AF as they are very normal for some women. I had a friend in high school whose periods were 3 days long and very light each and every month. I was so jealous of her.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Even though we have put having a baby on hold for a bit we finally got busy the other night. OH actually brought it up so there was no way I was going to turn him down. Since he is the one who doesn't want a baby right now, I made sure to tell him that I was in my fertile time frame. We used the pull out method so we will see how that works out for us. :lol:

I've no idea what is going on with my body. I figure that the couple of days of spotting that I had must have been AF. It was only Sunday that it was even heavy spotting and Sunday night it stopped. Actually my last AF was super light too but I put that down to having had an anovulatory cycle. Now I'm trying not to stress about what it means to have a really light AF!

It means less money wasted on tampons! :haha:

Congratulations wantanerd! Do you have an EDD?

It means less money wasted on tampons! :haha:

Congratulations wantanerd! Do you have an EDD?

No such luck regarding saving money on tampons! The witch is here today with a vengeance, really bad cramps too. Not sure what the story was with the spotting at the weekend. I would have said just pre-AF spotting but it was strange that I had two days with no bleeding at all. Anyway I'm marking today as CD 1 as my temperature plummeted today too, and onwards to next month!

Ugg, so sorry to hear that Polaris! I was hoping for light cycles for you. :hugs:

Hi lovelies! I just wanted you to know that I got my BFP this morning. Keep fingers crossed for a lovely, sticky, healthy beanie for me! xxx

Notnic!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
That is fantastic news!
What a lovely surprise after such a horrible long cycle! When do you think your due date will be?

Hmm not sure. I think we can assume my blood test was right about my cycle, and I would probably would be due around the 10th June. I am going to do a clear blue digital, so see if that thinks I am any more pregnant than that and then go back to my dr for the third month in a row! Two months ago I complained my cycles were too short, last month they were too long, and this cycle seems to be just right (touch wood!) x

Hmm not sure. I think we can assume my blood test was right about my cycle, and I would probably would be due around the 10th June. I am going to do a clear blue digital, so see if that thinks I am any more pregnant than that and then go back to my dr for the third month in a row! Two months ago I complained my cycles were too short, last month they were too long, and this cycle seems to be just right (touch wood!) x

:rofl: Such brilliant news, now I just have to get my BFP in the next couple of months to catch up with you and Aimee Lou and the others!

OMG OMG OMG! NotNic that is so flipping fantastic! :baby: I am so excited for you! And can I just say that the 10th of June is a wonderful due date as that is my anniversary and if your sticky bean comes on the 8th of June then he/she would share a birthday with Cormac. Congratulations! :happydance: :hugs: :happydance: :happydance:

Thank you! I'm quite pleased as our wedding anniversary is the 5th June, so a very nice time of year! xx

You will get yours next month Polaris!

Congratulations NotNic!

Polaris, I can feel it in my bones that you'll be with us next month. 1st tri is as dull as I remember. Still no real symptoms - I have the worst cold I can remember in a long time so maybe that's covering them up. All I know is I am absolutely exhausted. Not in work today as still in training so YAY. Earl goes to the CM at 1.30, Hubby isn't back until about 3 and then he's working on his bike so I think I may have to have a nap. :blush:

I do however look about 3-4 months already. i don't know whether it's because this is my second, but I didn't show at all until about 16 weeks plus with Earl, but this time I'm seriously considering getting my maternity trousers down from the loft! :dohh: I'm somewhere around 7 weeks. It's crazy.

Off to the Dr's today - had a blood test on Thursday at the hospital so have to collect my results and need to pick up my consultant appointment. I've got 6 medical appointments in the next 3 weeks. Yuck!

Feels like AF is on her way...about 5 days early. This cycle has been a real pain, nothing as I expected it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->