The Thread of Calm

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been a bit quiet. Went to NYC on the 27th August and was completely manic before that trying to get everything sorted in the 10 days between holidays. We got home late on Tuesday, and got a call Thursday evening to say DHs granny wasn't doing very well. We then got another call at around 11pm to say she'd gone. So Friday we flew back to Ireland, the removal was yesterday, and the funeral today, we fly home tomorrow and back to work (again) on Tuesday. I feel utterly exhausted by everything lately and could really use a long weekend at home to recover, but I'm so far behind at work now and my business launches at the end of this month, that I'm just going to have to push through.

13DPO today, fully expecting AF in 2 days as I've got some twinges although not full cramps yet, and temps have been low (those that I've been home to take!). I've been in tears 3 times today - trying nt to read them as a symptom as all signs are in the other direction, and given once was at a funeral, once on the way to the funeral, and once watching a programme about couples going through IVF to overcome genertic disease there is probably a good reason to be a bit emotional. This will be our 6th cycle, which is a bit of a milestone I never wanted or expected to reach to be honest. Not sure how we got to 6 cycles in 4 months mind.

NYC was amazing and I'd fully recommend anyone goes there. Got DH a helicopter ride over manhattan for our anniversary which was amazing and he got me a pair of Manolo Blahnik boots, Manolo Shoes, and he named a star with the nickname he gives me which was sweet and filled the 'paper' part of our first anniversary.

Sorry to hear about your DH's granny, my condolences to your family. :hugs:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC and a great anniversary to boot. :thumbup: Hopefully AF will take a long vacation from you soon but try not to be discouraged. It takes a healthy couple an average of 6 to 12 months to conceive. It will happen for you.

Hi ladies,

sorry I've not been around but was a busy month and we were holding off a little. I have myself a new job, and I'm currently not at work waiting to start! Enjoying the week and a bit off lol.

As you can see from my ticker, AF is due any moment *I should have a 32 day cycle but last month was 40 with no explanation, so could be anytime now. I got EWCM cd14, 15 and 16, and then we dtd cd17 (neither of us were well leading up to it and I think we hadn't dtd since cd8 :blush:) so the chances are pretty slim but obviously I'm still wondering whether AF will show up tomorrow or not? :shrug: I may get some poundland strip tests just to satisfy my curiosity. :blush: We really were in the true NTNP boat this month though as ideally I wouldn't really want to start a new job pregnant, but if it's meant to be so be it. Time will tell though. AF usually arrives in the afternoon so will update tomorrow, probably with a testing update lol.

Good luck Aimee Lou, stranger things have happened!

My update, I think I might have ovulated Monday (loads of EWCM which then dried up to nothing, and a bit of a temperature rise). I really hope that I did because it would be quite early in the cycle for me and I would have a shorter cycle, probably 31 or 32 days which would be great. We managed to BD on Monday evening so fingers crossed!

still no sign and I didn't even buy a test. I think I should wait until my ticker is closer to 40 days. Last month was hell with the wait and I took 4 pregnancy tests in the 8 days, each of which was as blank as could be which was really difficult as we were away on holiday at the time. Hubby and I are enjoying the laid back-ness of this cycle too. I bought myself some sanitary towels just in case.......hubby said that now I've done that they'll be sat on the shelf for 9 months lol. :haha:

Good luck Polaris :thumbup:

Much :dust: to you Polaris, let the TWH (two week hell :haha: ) begin!

My fingers are still crossed for you Aimee so I am sending more :dust: your way!

Hiya girls you're back!

Happy anniversary Dinah and my best wishes and thoughts to you and your family. What a hectic few weeks you've had.

Aimee - we've missed you! Hope you had a lovely, relaxing holiday.

Polaris - How's Thomas doing on the potty training?

Still no update for me, but I've got a drs appointment on Monday and I'm going to test AGAIN tomorrow. Will let you know if anything changes. Best of luck to everyone in the TWW and :dust: to you hardworknmama for the weeks ahead. This could be your month! xxx

Hey Notnic, can't believe there is still no update for you! That is too long to be left in limbo. Hope you get some answers at your doctor's appointment if not before.

The potty training is going brilliantly, he has taken to it like a pro! We had about ten days of letting him go around the house with no bottoms on and had remarkably few accidents. He was managing well in big boy pants on outings so yesterday I let him start wearing pants at home too, and so far so good. The only problem is that he can't pull his pants up and down himself so he's dependent on one of us getting there to help him in time. But overall I can't believe how easy it has been, considering that he's not even two yet I thought it would be a much longer process. Still in nappies for naps and night-time but recently he's had a dry nappy for naps most of the time too!!

Hey Notnic, can't believe there is still no update for you! That is too long to be left in limbo. Hope you get some answers at your doctor's appointment if not before.

The potty training is going brilliantly, he has taken to it like a pro! We had about ten days of letting him go around the house with no bottoms on and had remarkably few accidents. He was managing well in big boy pants on outings so yesterday I let him start wearing pants at home too, and so far so good. The only problem is that he can't pull his pants up and down himself so he's dependent on one of us getting there to help him in time. But overall I can't believe how easy it has been, considering that he's not even two yet I thought it would be a much longer process. Still in nappies for naps and night-time but recently he's had a dry nappy for naps most of the time too!!

Wow you're a brave lady! Well done Thomas and you! :thumbup: I don't think Earl is anywhere near the whole potty thing. I'm keeping an eye on him, but i think it's a while off yet. I'm teaching Earl how to put his clothes on at the moment, and he can pull trousers up the front, but can't get them to go over his bum/nappy! :dohh: The big boy pants should help the process lol.

Still nothing here. Not expecting it either. Had a couple of twinges last night but nothing. I think we've got another month like last month on our hands. :nope:

Wow you're a brave lady! Well done Thomas and you! :thumbup: I don't think Earl is anywhere near the whole potty thing. I'm keeping an eye on him, but i think it's a while off yet. I'm teaching Earl how to put his clothes on at the moment, and he can pull trousers up the front, but can't get them to go over his bum/nappy! :dohh: The big boy pants should help the process lol.

Still nothing here. Not expecting it either. Had a couple of twinges last night but nothing. I think we've got another month like last month on our hands. :nope:

Hope it doesn't turn out like last month. Keep us updated. :dust:

NotNic, I can't believe you are still waiting on either a :bfp: or :witch: That is nuts! I hope the doctor is able to help you out.

Polaris, that's great about Thomas! Well done! As far as nights and naptimes, I would hold off on trying to train him during those for awhile. They say to wait 6 months after daytime potty training is completed and with as young as he is I think that would be a good time frame. Also, I feel you on the helping pulling down/up the pants. I became a pro at breastfeeding Cormac while pulling up Tiarnan's pants. :haha:

Aimee, have you any idea when you O'd? If you do, take a test 14 days out from there if no sign of AF yet. :test: Just kidding. :haha:

Nothing new here of course, just biding my time until it's closer to O time. I think I might ask OH when he wants to start actively trying sometime this week. :wacko: I don't want to NTNP too much longer because right now it means he's not trying and I am not preventing. We go way too long between having sex to even have a chance it seems. We have NTNP'd longer this time than we did between the first two and I want #3 to be somewhat close in age to Cormac. Also, I am not getting any younger. :blush: I know that 32 isn't all that old but I would like to be done having kids in the next year or two. I don't really want to experience pregnancy over 35, just a personal thing for me. Anyway, didn't mean to blather on.

Hardworknmama - thanks for the advice re potty training. I will definitely take your advice and keep him in nappies for naps and bedtimes. Both me and especially my little brother were bedwetters so I'm not expecting dry nights any time soon. Naps I think he will stay dry quicker but I'm still going to keep him in nappies for them, probably until I move him to a bed and he can manage his pants independently. I know some people say it's confusing for them if you put a nappy on for naps but Thomas knows that nappies are just for the cot so I don't think he's confused. I'm just a bit annoyed that I spent good money on training pants and by the time they arrived he was virtually trained! Although I'm sure they will come in handy for travelling and times when it might be trickier to find a bathroom. (sorry totally OT!)

Good luck speaking to your OH about actively trying. We are more so actively trying now in that we do try to have sex at the fertile time. I think with children already it is harder to have lots of spontaneous sex so the whole thing does need to be planned a bit more. We are not really really trying hard yet (don't know if either of us would have the energy LOL), just trying to BD a little bit more often (i.e. at all!) during the fertile period of the month.

My news is that I did ovulate on Monday, yay! CD18 which is early for me these days and much more similar to my cycle before I had Thomas. I'm hoping it's a good sign. We only BD the one time on Monday evening but it only takes one time right? AF would be due about 25th or 26th but I'm not going to test until she's a couple of days late.

Aimee-lou - any update?

Notnic - did you test?

Hiya. Yep I tested and still BFN. It was a CB digital, so I know that they're not the most sensitive, but my levels should be high enough by now if I am pregnant. To be honest I am getting quite grumpy about the whole thing. :( According to my old ticker I should be ovulating tomorrow. I think I'm more frustrated that I feel like I missing out on my chance of a June baby now more than I am upset my this cycle's BFNs.

Hardworknmama - Fingers crossed re asking your OH about trying. Sounds like it could be a good step for you. xx

Nothing here as yet.

I havve bought some Morrisons tests today (took Earl swimming and Morrisons is opposite so I popped in for a few things and thought might as well.) so will probably try one in the morning, but tbh I'm expecting to get the same as last month. :shrug:

NotNic I know what you mean about the frustrations. It's just a hold up that you could really do without. I hate waiting around when you know it's not your month. :hugs:

NotNic, sorry about the BFN. Do you have a doctor's appointment set up as you are now two weeks late? I think there is a shot you can get to jump start your cycle so it might be worth asking about. :hugs:

Aimee, FXd for your testing tomorrow morning. I hope you get a good nights sleep and get a pleasant surprise tomorrow when you wake up. :dust:

Polaris, we went on a road trip to OKC (about 7 hours away) when Tiarnan had only been trained for a few weeks. When travelling you just have to be sure to stop as soon as they say they need to wee. :haha: That's only one of the nice things about boys, pottying on the side of the road is much easier as they get to stand. I have even pulled over to the side of the road for Tiarnan just going down to my mom's house which is only 45 minutes away. When they gotta go, they gotta go.

Thanks for the well wishes with talking to the hubby, ladies. :thumbup: I think he will be open to it and like Polaris it will just mean BDing more often around the fertile time. I have never been one to temp or take soy or Robutussin or anything to increase our chances.

hardworknmamma - thanks! :thumbup:

I caved (hubby always gets his way lol), tested and I got this:

https://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/drewie3000/DSCF6671.jpg

OMG OMG OMG! CONGRATULATIONS! :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: That is so awesome! To a happy and healthy nine months! :drunk:

That's brilliant Aimee! So bloomin' pleased for you!!! Xxx

Thanks so much ladies.

As you can see I'm having trouble sleeping. hubby and I have put Lord of the Rings on the tv as we're too excited to sleep lol.

Just hope you're all going to get the same soon! :thumbup:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"