The Thread of Calm

Wow wow wow, congratulations Aimee-Lou!! That is a really beautiful BFP!! No obsessing over faint lines for you!! So excited for you! I'm determined to get my BFP soon and join you!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin::headspin::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Congrats Aimee Lou thats fantastic - hope you got some sleep eventually x

Thanks everyone :thumbup: I eventually got some sleep lol. I've started to get very tired over the last couple of days though so I guess the fun starts here! lol.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Thanks everyone :thumbup: I eventually got some sleep lol. I've started to get very tired over the last couple of days though so I guess the fun starts here! lol.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Yes now you start thinking "what have I let myself in for?" LOL. Can't imagine first tri with a toddler is going to be too much fun. Did you get m.s. on Earl? Hopefully you get off lightly with regard to symptoms.

My update - I am 7 dpo and I have loads of imaginary pregnancy symptoms. Have to keep reminding myself that I feel this way every month post ovulation. I am soo convinced that I must be pregnant. But the other part of me is saying probably not. Only time will tell I guess. I think it's too early for real symptoms so they must be imaginary.

Fingers crossed for you Polaris and not to get hopes up but I had sore breasts starting at 4 DPO with Cormac. :dust:

Well ladies, it saddens me to say that I will be leaving this thread soon. I spoke with hubby yesterday and right now he is not up to having another child. I asked him if he would be willing to actively try for #3 and he said that he has too much going on right now. He gave several reasons as to why the timing isn't right and they are all valid reasons. I am disappointed but I understand and accept where he is coming from. We haven't made a final decision yet but we may end up deciding that 2 is enough, although I personally don't feel as though it is. We talked about how we don't want to wait too long if we are going to be a family of 5 but right now just isn't the right time. I have loved being on this thread with all of you and if it's okay I plan on still stalking all of you here. ;) Thank you for all the support you have all given me over these last 6 months, I truly appreciate you. :hugs:

Hardworknmama. Not sure what to say right now. :( I really do hope you keep in touch with us, and check in every now and then. It really won't be the same if you leave us. Massive big :hugs: Fingers crossed, with a bit of time you and your hubby agree on the right path for you both. Lots and lots of love. Nx :flower::kiss:

Oh there will definitely be stalking and I just might throw my two cents in there every so often. ;) We are going to keep the conversation open so who knows, I might be right back here in just a few months. Money is a big thing holding him back right now and he's not happy with his job so he said he feels bummed out all the time. I definitely want him to be happy when he's home so if we need to wait until he either gets paid more at his current job or finds a better paying job then so be it.

Hardworknmama :hugs:
I'm so sorry that it didn't go to plan with your OH. You sound very calm about it all but I imagine it must hurt that you want different things right now. Definitely stalk us here, I will really miss you if you don't stay around. Hope your hubby soon gets things sorted out workwise and that you are back TTC very soon. Are you going to stay NTNP or are you going to be actively preventing?

Polaris - no no MS with Earl. A bit of queasiness and very tired but nothing major. I was very lucky. I'm hoping for the same this time but not holding out too much hope lol.

Hardworknmamma - Sorry that you're leaving, but like you say hopefully you'll be back very soon. it's important that everyone is on board, so concentrating on other things for a while may make things turn around quicker, plus you'll get to concentrate on your two gorgeous boys. :hugs:

Hope you don't mind if I stalk too! :blush:

Polaris - no no MS with Earl. A bit of queasiness and very tired but nothing major. I was very lucky. I'm hoping for the same this time but not holding out too much hope lol.

Hardworknmamma - Sorry that you're leaving, but like you say hopefully you'll be back very soon. it's important that everyone is on board, so concentrating on other things for a while may make things turn around quicker, plus you'll get to concentrate on your two gorgeous boys. :hugs:

Hope you don't mind if I stalk too! :blush:

Definitely stick around Aimee Lou. You can cheer us all on from the sidelines. And we want to hear how the pregnancy is progressing too!

I will definitely pop in and out cheering you all on. I don't think I am going to post over in WTT, I browsed it and it just seems like most of them are long term WTT. Our form of prevention is going to be avoiding my fertile times, which shouldn't be hard considering our schedules and my knowledge of my body. I am disappointed but it's definitely for the best and it's not set in stone that we are done, so I still have hopes for having one more. And who knows, maybe it will do me some good to not have it in the back of my head anymore. :shrug: I am going to focus on my family, my job and loosing the weight that I want gone. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to, I just know it.

Aimee, I am one of those lucky ones who had no MS with either of my boys. When I got PG with Cormac I thought for sure I was going to get it because there was no way I was lucky enough to get by without it twice. Boy am I glad I was wrong. Keep the faith, you might avoid it a second time as well. Good luck! :thumbup:

I'm having lots of symptoms!! Very tempted to POAS tomorrow (12 dpo) but will probably chicken out and wait another few days and see if AF arrives. I have had a bit of very very light spotting yesterday and today so maybe I should wait and see if that turns into anything.

In other news, I think Thomas has weaned, he hasn't had a feed since Sunday night. Do you think that could be causing my pregnancy symptoms? I feel so pregnant all day today - slightly queasy, hungry, tired, sensitive sense of smell, and I've totally gone off the idea of tea which happened in my last pregnancy too. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!

Sounds super promising Polaris. Thomas has really grown up these last few weeks. How do you feel about not b/f any more? X

Sounds super promising Polaris. Thomas has really grown up these last few weeks. How do you feel about not b/f any more? X

A bit sad actually, even though I wanted it to happen. It's lovely that it's happened naturally and without any distress. But I do feel a bit sad that I didn't realize that Sunday night was probably my last feed. I never imagined that I would feed for as long as I did as I don't know anyone in real life who has fed past a year.

How is everything with you?

Hiya I'm okay thanks. My test results were late back yesterday, so I won't find out what's going on until my appointment on Monday. Got another BFN and no symptoms, plus my next Af is due soon, so really frustrating. The other thing is that I really wanted to avoid being due aug, sept or oct so we might move to WTT for the short term.

Hiya I'm okay thanks. My test results were late back yesterday, so I won't find out what's going on until my appointment on Monday. Got another BFN and no symptoms, plus my next Af is due soon, so really frustrating. The other thing is that I really wanted to avoid being due aug, sept or oct so we might move to WTT for the short term.

That's rubbish being still stuck in limbo. Hope your appointment on Monday gives you some answers. How come you wanted to avoid August, September or October, if you don't mind me asking? Tell me if I'm being a bit too nosy!

I think AF is on her way here. The spotting has got a bit heavier and my symptoms have all vanished, so I have a feeling she'll be here tomorrow or Monday. Feeling OK about it though, at least I had a normal cycle, onwards to next month!

No you're not being nosy! :) My cousin gets married in late August next year, and its a huge deal for my family. Her and her Mum gave up a lot of time to help me prepare for my wedding last year, and I really wanted to return the favour and be part of her day. My mum and I are making her wedding cake and we're doing her flowers. Being ridiculously pregnant or with a very new, newborn would mean that we (I certainly!) probably wouldn't be able to deliver our promises. I know that some people would say that you can't put your life on hold, but TTC can make us quite selfish and I think me missing out on a month or two's trying isn't going to make much difference to us really, but it would do for my cousin. The reason for October is to spread some birthdays out. We have two BILs, one SIL and a nephew and a neice all with October birthdays. It's expensive and time consuming enough without another baby Nic! :) (Nic is from my surname in case you're wondering. I haven't been hiding a secret first born :D)

Your cycle sounds much shorter again. If this AF, then next month really could be the month now that Thomas is weaned :)

No you're not being nosy! :) My cousin gets married in late August next year, and its a huge deal for my family. Her and her Mum gave up a lot of time to help me prepare for my wedding last year, and I really wanted to return the favour and be part of her day. My mum and I are making her wedding cake and we're doing her flowers. Being ridiculously pregnant or with a very new, newborn would mean that we (I certainly!) probably wouldn't be able to deliver our promises. I know that some people would say that you can't put your life on hold, but TTC can make us quite selfish and I think me missing out on a month or two's trying isn't going to make much difference to us really, but it would do for my cousin. The reason for October is to spread some birthdays out. We have two BILs, one SIL and a nephew and a neice all with October birthdays. It's expensive and time consuming enough without another baby Nic! :) (Nic is from my surname in case you're wondering. I haven't been hiding a secret first born :D)

Your cycle sounds much shorter again. If this AF, then next month really could be the month now that Thomas is weaned :)

I'm glad you didn't think I was being nosy! That makes sense about your cousin's wedding, I think that I would feel the same way. I took a month off earlier this year because of a work commitment that I didn't want to miss. I think you are right that a couple of months will not make much difference in the long run.

Yes I'm pleased that my cycle was much more normal this month. I'm pretty sure AF is here, still very light flow but expect she will come in full force overnight. Thomas hasn't had a feed for a week now so I think I can definitely say that he is weaned. So hopefully as you say that will mean that next month might be my month!

Although there is exactly three years between me and my brother and I have a gut feeling that it will take a few months longer and I will end up with a similar age gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->