The To Do List

i'm 20 and my bf is 24, and he'll almost be 25......lately I've been more willing to wait...especially since I've found more things to keep my mind busy.

DH and I are both 22, will be 23 in a few months. I've been wanting a baby for years, though, and we're finally in a position where we could realistically have one and be okay, and it's driving me nuts. :p

DH and I are both 22, will be 23 in a few months. I've been wanting a baby for years, though, and we're finally in a position where we could realistically have one and be okay, and it's driving me nuts. :p

yeah that would definitly drive me crazy

Mine is 24 so I dont think he is young to have kids and if we did get preg now we would be due after his 25th birthday so I dont see the problem myself!

xxx

My OH didnt feel like he was ready (he turned 25 last month) when we found out we were pregnant, but when I asked him 'when will you be ready?' he said he would probably never feel ready coz he was terrified by it, iykwim? in other words, it took for me to say 'i'm pregnant' for him to decide now was the right time :friends:

Yeah thats what I think hes gonna be like? Its a massive pain in the bum. If I did actually get pregnant I know he would be fine about it! Meh eh?!?

xxx

Lol,i think men just like to put things off,and for some men having babies is one of those things :dohh:
Oh well,not long now and ul be in your house ttc :thumbup: xx

Lol,i think men just like to put things off,and for some men having babies is one of those things :dohh:
yeah I think it's just the biological make up of man and woman. I had a friend say that our biological clocks start ticking sooner because there's only a short window where woman have not only get pregnant but have a healthy pregnancy for both baby and mother. Men....ehhhh.....they have time.....all they have to do is shwo up for the baby-making pretty much and then it's all on the mother. She has to eat properly, rest properly, sit and lay properly, go to her doctors appointments, take the tests, do the blood samples, get the ultrasounds, GIVE BIRTH! and then in more than half of the cases, raise the baby......I really don't know what the men are complaining about LOL

yeah I think it's just the biological make up of man and woman. I had a friend say that our biological clocks start ticking sooner because there's only a short window where woman have not only get pregnant but have a healthy pregnancy for both baby and mother. Men....ehhhh.....they have time.....all they have to do is shwo up for the baby-making pretty much and then it's all on the mother. She has to eat properly, rest properly, sit and lay properly, go to her doctors appointments, take the tests, do the blood samples, get the ultrasounds, GIVE BIRTH! and then in more than half of the cases, raise the baby......I really don't know what the men are complaining about LOL

:haha: :haha: that is so true!! I don't know what they worry about. My OH's life hasnt changed at all since Lana came along (obviously it has in the fact that he is a daddy now and has a little girl to love and adore). His day to day running of things is still exactly the same. He still gets up, goes to work, works all day long, comes home (by which point Lana is in bed or just going to bed), watches telly. The only thing that has changed is that he has one extra person to say good-bye to in the mornings :rofl: His weekends are a little different coz he has to give some of his attention to Lana, but he still does all the things he would do anyway :shrug: men eh? What do they think having a baby means, that they suddenly have to give up doing everything and anything? :dohh:

:haha: :haha: that is so true!! I don't know what they worry about. My OH's life hasnt changed at all since Lana came along (obviously it has in the fact that he is a daddy now and has a little girl to love and adore). His day to day running of things is still exactly the same. He still gets up, goes to work, works all day long, comes home (by which point Lana is in bed or just going to bed), watches telly. The only thing that has changed is that he has one extra person to say good-bye to in the mornings :rofl: His weekends are a little different coz he has to give some of his attention to Lana, but he still does all the things he would do anyway :shrug: men eh? What do they think having a baby means, that they suddenly have to give up doing everything and anything? :dohh:

I think my hubby thinks exactly this...that he is going to have to give up doing everything he likes to do once we have a baby. I keep telling him that won't be the case, but he keeps bringing things up that he wants to do before I get pregnant. Everything he brings up, I'm like, "you can do that after we have a baby, too." I mean some things will take more planning and less spontaneity but we can still do them! I wish I could either shake or knock some sense into my DH, lol.

Argh does my head in... I explained to mine it is gonna change MY life the most. He will carry on pretty much as normal! Lol.

xxx

I think my hubby thinks exactly this...that he is going to have to give up doing everything he likes to do once we have a baby. I keep telling him that won't be the case, but he keeps bringing things up that he wants to do before I get pregnant. Everything he brings up, I'm like, "you can do that after we have a baby, too." I mean some things will take more planning and less spontaneity but we can still do them! I wish I could either shake or knock some sense into my DH, lol.
aww hun...you can still kinda be spontaneous (sp) with a baby too, just depends what you want to be spontaneous in!! But in all honestly, the mans life barely changes, and what does change is for the better :thumbup:

Argh does my head in... I explained to mine it is gonna change MY life the most. He will carry on pretty much as normal! Lol.

xxx

I have found that men never believe anything they are told :dohh: But I am sure there are pleeenty of women on here who will be happy to tell your OH how it really is :haha:

xx

Gave this some more thought; I really would like to lose atleast 15 pounds before we TTC (and hopefully by then the OH will be ready too) gotta get my weight into the healthy BMI range again... slightly overweight now. Too many cookies :D

That should be achievable! Ughhh It's killing me though that the OH just wants to wait... I mean... you could wait forever to really be 'ready'. Blahhhhhhhhhh :(

The only thing I want to do before ttc is to go on one vacation! :plane: DH and I have been married 4 years and have been through many long separations due to him being in the Marine Corps. We could use some R&R! We never had a honeymoon ](*,)

that's exactly my boyfriends case. He's so afraid that he will have to devote ALL of his time to the child and that EVERYTHING will change. Grant it, yes there will be more responsibility and all but things shouldn't change THAT much....except I'll be home most of the time.

The only thing I want to do before ttc is to go on one vacation! :plane: DH and I have been married 4 years and have been through many long separations due to him being in the Marine Corps. We could use some R&R! We never had a honeymoon ](*,)

oh that would drive me crazy if my boyfriend was gone all the time. Especially if we never had a honeymoon.

I'd like to do a couple things before another baby..

Lose 7 pounds (To feel nice on hols in August ;) )

Max to be Potty Trained and in a Toddler Bed

All acheivable so quite happy :thumbup:

:hugs:

Ahhh, thank you :cloud9: Thats so nice of you! :hugs:

I would like to save up some money first to buy a house. That is it really. I am not bothered about being married first. It would be nice but i don't see it working out that way LOL.

Rei: It's definitely not easy! We we're thinking of maybe going on a small weekend getaway towards the end of this month but now it looks like the military is going to cancel his leave and send him somewhere for two months instead. Ugh. :dohh:

holidays .... oh how I am dying for some sun at the moment !!!

My list would be

Buying a house
Going on several luxury holidays
Having lots of savings

Done the first one, half completed the second (but now its too late for any more !)
Definately wish I had the third

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->