The Ultimate "Driving Test" Thread!

Third test on Friday, I'm not holding my bloody breath. My leech of a driving instructor is virtually rubbing his hands together at the prospect of me failing again so I can give him yet more money as he insists its "important to maintain lessons between tests" and basically he had me well and truly over a barrel because I need his car to take my test. These are lessons he turns up twenty minutes late for every time and drops me off 5-10 minutes late for. I've had 4 driving instructors since i was 17 and they're all the goddamn same! Also, I don't have much faith in passing because it's not completely in my hands as last time I think the examiner was looking to fail me, he reacted too quickly and didn't give me time to react, just instantly used his dual controls which was an automatic fail. It's a bloody con and I'm so despondent with it all right now.

Wow your instructor sounds awful :(
I've only had one instructor, took me 10 months to pass and he's been absolutely brilliant. Just makes it even harder if you don't have confidence in the person teaching you :(

Good luck on Friday, really hope you pass then you can put that crappy instructor behind you. Loads of luck :hugs:

Wahey! MrsB, well done on passing your test! So happy to hear that.

So sorry I've not been around much ladies. I finally have my car and I'm loving driving. I feel so much more confident driving around. I've a red 4 door ford fiesta and I've decided to call her Ruby lol!

I drove one night to Southend and back, was a 90 mile round trip. Did it at 4am haha! Mental or what?

How are you all doing?

Hello and welcome to any newbies to the thread, any tests coming up for anyone?

xxx

Hi! no test coming up for me but ive just started lessons :)
only doing automatic tho as i think it'll be easier and cheaper! plus our car is automatic and OH says all future cars will be auto too :)

Hi Michelle and welcome to the thread!

How are you finding lessons so far? I've had experience driving both manual and automatic and automatic really is easier than manual.
Remember to sit on your left foot! :flower:

The only thing I hate about my car is it has no power steering, so maneuvering is a total no go area, especially for parallel parking. Can't get the hang of it. I need to try and practice when the roads are completely empty because I'm usually trying when there is traffic around and they get all pissed off waiting for me lol!

Hi! The good thing is I've never driven before (except a few manual lessons 10 years ago!) so I don't need to break any bad habits, I'm a blank canvas!
We were out on a dual carriage way today, 50mph, I felt like a right speed demon! Next week we're heading a different direction and I'll get to go 70 :)
Feel like I'm doing well for only being on my second lesson!

When I pass I have no idea how I'll park our car, it's a big Volvo, an XC60... I'll be the person parked squint right at the back of the car park :rofl:

lol!! Bless ya! i'm sure you'll be fine :D I have only just started parking in between cars now when I go to the supermarket or car parks in general, it took me ages to build up the confidence to stop parking down the bottom where no one wants to park and up the front haha! I'd miss countless parking spaces because I was too nervous to try and wedge in, but now i don't care, if I'm not in line, I simply reverse out a bit and reposition myself so I can get in. We still learn to drive when we pass our test's so I don't let it get to me so much, eventually we'll get to that point where we'll be able to do it no probs!

I have only really technically had 1 months worth of driving experience despite passing my test 4 months ago because I had no car, but I'm getting there! :D

You will too! 70mph is awesome, but when you get back down to 30mph you feel like you're crawling haha!

I've had about 15 lessons now, my instructor is constantly telling me off for making as he calls mistakes after he has told me what to do! I have considered changing instructors as hate driving already and i'm not very confident at all. Has anybody any advice? x

If you're not feeling confident with the instructor you have, then do change. Don't get me wrong, you want someone who isn't going to molly coddle you but at the same time, being made to feel like you have no confidence when learning such a big skill such as driving, you want someone who is going to make you feel like you can do it and not belittle you.

It's my first long distance drive, I'm heading to Wales today. It's my Aunt's 50th birthday this weekend, so driving to Cardiff to see her for her birthday as we're going for a big family meal out tomorrow. Eeeek! Hope I'll be OK.

xxx

No test here but i'm starting my lesson on Sun. Scared as hell :wacko: lol xx

If you're not feeling confident with the instructor you have, then do change. Don't get me wrong, you want someone who isn't going to molly coddle you but at the same time, being made to feel like you have no confidence when learning such a big skill such as driving, you want someone who is going to make you feel like you can do it and not belittle you.

It's my first long distance drive, I'm heading to Wales today. It's my Aunt's 50th birthday this weekend, so driving to Cardiff to see her for her birthday as we're going for a big family meal out tomorrow. Eeeek! Hope I'll be OK.

xxx

Thank you might see how my next lesson goes, then decide then he told me to overtake a bus which I did and then told me to change back lanes. I checked it was safe to go in the mirrors and double checked before I changed lanes as I went the bus sped up and nearly hit the back of me! The instructor gave me a right telling off like it was my fault. I don't feel relaxed with him and don't look forward to my lessons at all anymore.
Good luck with your drive to Wales xxx

xxx

Thank you might see how my next lesson goes, then decide then he told me to overtake a bus which I did and then told me to change back lanes. I checked it was safe to go in the mirrors and double checked before I changed lanes as I went the bus sped up and nearly hit the back of me! The instructor gave me a right telling off like it was my fault. I don't feel relaxed with him and don't look forward to my lessons at all anymore.
Good luck with your drive to Wales xxx

If you don't feel relaxed and at ease with your instructor then change asap, your paying him to teach you to drive not make you feel crap and ruin your confidence before you have chance to build it!!

I cannot recommend enough a good instructor, mine was patient with me all the time, even when i made stupid mistakes, he never 'told me off', he explained what i did wrong and we moved on. He was brilliant!!

Hope you find a better instructor soon, the confidence will come when your being taught properly by someone understanding and patient, its their job to be, learning to drive is a huge thing that can't be picked up in a few weeks, it takes time and they should allow for that!!

ps i started off very nervous but thanks to a good instructor my confidence grew, i passed last month and i'm not a nervous driver at all now, its second nature :)

Good luck xx

Hi girls! How are you getting on? I've got my theory test 08:45 am on saturday morning - I only booked it on tuesday can't believe how quick I got it!

Once I've passed my theory my instructor has told me to book my practical for the first week in august so I have a date to work towards, he said we can move it forward if needs be and back if we have to but to concentrate on that date.

I'm not feeling very confident at the minute to be honest. I still dread round abouts - I just can never judge when to go because people don't indicate!!! But after saturday I'm going back to 2 lessons a week so hopefully its not going to take much longer xxx

Awwh Good luck! I had three driving tests... Failed my first due to the turn in the road. (took 7 turns... Shouldn't have been a fail but I decided not to appeal it, to retake). Second one.. The indicator blew on the way back to the test centre.. Seriously?! -.- Had to stop. Haha.

Third one.. Worst test of them all, was sure from 10 minutes in that I had failed.. And Passed! So that may be the key, drive like you've already failed and don't care :p x

Ive hearda few people who say they "knew" theyd failed at the very begining and passed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->