The Ultimate "Driving Test" Thread!

Hiya ladies, how are you all doing? Any updates or newbies to the thread?

I've got a car pretty much sorted now, going to have it in the next week or so. Just waiting on it being MOT'd and what not, then it's mine once I've got the insurance sorted out.

Can't wait to get driving, finally!

Ill join you! I've currently done 14 hours of lessons and am just studying for me theory before I gey it booked :-D I reckon I'm about half way there now :-D been learning since february so just over 2 months :-D getting free lessons too as my hubby owns a garage and did some jobs on my instructers car for free x

Lucky lady with free lessons :)

Although my lessons got me used to paying for insurance (same amount LOL)

How are you getting on?

Its been nearly 3mths I passed and been in car every day since I have!

I'm ok, I don't think I'm a natural driver.

I was really enjoying it at first but now I get really angry with myself when I make stupid mistakes (like misjudging roundabouts and going when I shouldn't etc) cos I think I shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like that anymore.

How does it feel after passing your test? Do you feel comfy behind the wheel and like it just comes naturally without thinking? Xx

No, I reckon only last few weeks it has happened. I didnt feel TO bad when I passed but it tested me. A lot. I still dont like reverse park when people are watching and not done parallel since I passed :p x

It will all come together soon for you xx

I've got my second test on 16th may
But that seems like forever away to me so keep checking for cancellations

OMG Ladies, I'm now insured to drive and will be going for a drive later. I'll hopefully be getting my car tomorrow. Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!! :happydance:

Ha my parking is terrible too :p And thats great lula :)
I dont think driving comes naturally to me either, took me a year and 4 tests to pass, now that i have passed i think im more nervous in the car, even though ive been passed 4 months :haha: im fine most of the time but now i drive a petrol car i ten to forget you need to rev more because its so much easier to stall than the diesal i drive in mums and the learner cars :dohh: and theres this 1 set of lights in town that take 5 -10 minutes to change, sometime longer if the green man is pressed, and if i get stuck there, everytime, i either stall or almost stall without fail :blush: no joke. ha, it only lets like 2 cars out at a time and because they take so long its like i crack under the pressure :L :dohh: i also dont have power steering so struggle when trying to park and always have to have 2 hands on the wheel when on a roundabout because im not strong enough to do one hand :L haha :blush: I blame the car a lot! :haha: but i only get to drive occassionaly i dont have the urge to drive too often, i have only been on the dual carriageway 3 times since passing, been on 2 country roads so think i just need more experience but driving is more like a chore for me :blush:

Yay Lula!! Have fun :happydance: My third test is 4th May, wish I could feel confident but after last time I can't help but just think it's luck of the draw and it matters eff all what you actually do on your test :growlmad: I could understand why I failed my first, my second was just unfair tbh; the examiner used his dual controls far too quickly which automatically failed me :cry:

Good luck isabelsmummy, free lessons is fantastic :thumbup:

hello everyone poping in to say so far i have failed 2 tests :cry: third attempt on monday but if this goes wrong i will have to put off lessons or another test for a while because i have no more money, why is it so expensive
i am actually s*itting myself.
i failed first test for speed on approach (but my instructor said the woman doesn't like females and really nit picks)
i failed second time doing a parallel park and mounted the kerb so automatic fail :(

I am still taking lessons, the waiting time here to book your test is only 1 week so i could book for example today and do it next sunday (except they dont do them on weekends lol but you know what i mean) my instructor said if there was the normal 6 week wait i would of booked it last week...

I had an amazing lesson and i know a few more like that and ill be booking in, im good at parking but my disability means i struggle with short term memory so what im dreading is if for my independant driving im given the map and asked to memorise the route that would be the worlds worst thing, that and if my manouvers an emergancy stop because it will cause me alot of pain in my back

oh the main my instructor has is speed on aproach to roundabouts and hesitation on roundabouts (although i did better on friday) but she said if it was my test i would be picking up hesitiation minors

Hello everyone just popping in to say
I Passed!!! :happydance:
Third time lucky :D

Just been for a drive in the car on my own just into town to Sainsburys and back home as i needed bleach (how rock & roll) it was so weird being in the car on my own :rofl:

Hello everyone just popping in to say
I Passed!!! :happydance:
Third time lucky :D

Just been for a drive in the car on my own just into town to Sainsburys and back home as i needed bleach (how rock & roll) it was so weird being in the car on my own :rofl:

well done hun! it's such a great feeling isn't it! :happydance:

wow it is such a strange but good feeling, needed bread so rather than walk to the shop i went the long way in the car on my own
still building up confidence so wont be taking Morgan in the car quite yet but I will in time.
I'm so happy though as there are a few things I want to do in the next few weeks which would of meant waiting on buses and leaving early but now as long as OH doesn't need the car I can drive my self :happydance:

Hope everyone passes soon :) x

Third test on Friday, I'm not holding my bloody breath. My leech of a driving instructor is virtually rubbing his hands together at the prospect of me failing again so I can give him yet more money as he insists its "important to maintain lessons between tests" and basically he had me well and truly over a barrel because I need his car to take my test. These are lessons he turns up twenty minutes late for every time and drops me off 5-10 minutes late for. I've had 4 driving instructors since i was 17 and they're all the goddamn same! Also, I don't have much faith in passing because it's not completely in my hands as last time I think the examiner was looking to fail me, he reacted too quickly and didn't give me time to react, just instantly used his dual controls which was an automatic fail. It's a bloody con and I'm so despondent with it all right now.

My test is booked for 6 th June . I'm due on the 17 th . Trying to bring it a little forward tho . Driving round the test area this evening with my oh in my car . One thing I'll say is I'm glad I got a car cuz it makes u more motivated and less reliant on a money grabbing instructor , if u fail . If I do fail , which s likely , I will just be practicing in my car till next test , or perhaps have one odd lesson and that's that . So nervous tho but hopefully being pregnant will make me nt care , specially with the heat around that time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->