The Ultimate Gender Prediction & Outcome Thread!

In my dreams, it's mostly been a girl. Once it was a boy. We'll see :)

The hair on my head isn't growing but it's growing everywhere else :dohh: not sure what that means!

Baking soda test: fizz or no fizz? Fizz

Salt test: Pour a layer of salt into a glass and then pour urine over the salt--make sure the glass is about half filled with urine. If you're less than 8 weeks, you must use FMU (first morning urine). Did the color of the urine change and start to look cloudy and/or did a bubbly/cloudy pattern layer form? Or did the urine stay the same color and remain clear and/or have elongated streaks from the bottom of the glass to the surface that immediately disappeared? N/A

Ramzi theory: Where is your baby & placenta attached in the uterus--right or left side? If you have a transvaginal ultrasound, the placenta will be either on the right or left - true to looking at the photo. If you have an abdominal, reverse the side--if the placenta is on the right in the photo, it's actually on the left in your uterus. Right

Ring test: String your wedding ring on a piece of string or a piece of your own hair and dangle it over your belly. Does it swing in circles or in a straight line back and forth? Back and Forth

Headaches: Do you have more headaches since pregnancy? Yes

Morning sickness: Do/did you have morning sickness? No

Beauty: Are you looking finer than usual or is your skin has broken out and are you otherwise looking lesser-than? Finer Than Usual

Where's the bump?: High or low? Low

Where's the weight?: All out front, like a basketball, or is the weight spread evenly around your middle? All out in front

Cold hand & feet: Are your hands and feet colder than normal or are they a bit moister and toasty warm? Colder than normal

Sleep position: Do you prefer to sleep on your left side or your right? Left

Pillow position: Does your pillow face south or north? North

What do you crave?: Are you mostly craving salty foods and proteins, or sweets and citrus? Mostly Salty savory foods

How fast is baby’s heart beating?: Is your LO's bpm greater or less than 140 beats per minute Greater

Chinese calendar: This one gets a bit complicated, so just take the more accurate test here (this factors in your LUNAR age, not just your Western calendar age): Chinese Gender Chart: Boy

Mayan Calendar: The Mayan’s took the mothers age at conception and year of conception to determine the gender of the baby. Are both numbers even or odd? Or is one number even and the other number? Both are odd

Did your spouse gain weight? Yes

The Key Test: After placing a key in front of a pregnant person, watch to see what end they pick the key up with. Did you pick up the key by the round end or by the narrow end? round end

Did your chest change?: Was there was a dramatic change in the size and fullness of your breasts or no real change? no real change

Along with the size of your chest, how are your breasts?: Is your right breast larger than your left/both the same size? Or is your left breast larger? Right is bigger than left

How is your hair growing?: Is it growing faster or at the same rate? Faster than normal

What color is your pee?: Is it bright yellow or dull? bright yellow

Are you moody? no not at all

How is your balance?: Clumsier than normal or graceful? clumsier

What does the vein in your left eye look like?: Does the vein makes a V or not? Makes a V

TOTAL: # and #

I'm going to have to remember to revisit this thread and post my gender update next week! I still haven't done the ring test and have wanted to. Maybe my OH and I can try that this eve...

Yes jyllian!! Do that one! My friends and I were talking at dinner and it was right for both of them. We're all very rational educated women and all... but were like... Uh... This string predicted my baby's sex.. :rofl:

One of the September rainbows did the ring test and it was wrong!! Ack!! I was counting on that one being right :haha:

So I have another theory I wanted an opinion on. So I have several boy names that I love but I'm struggling to love any girl names on my list. A friend of mine said that's gotta mean it's a boy cuz she was opposite. She loved her girls name and couldn't decide on a boys. Turned out to be a girl. I've had another friend recently just say the same.
Anyone feel the same? Love your one gender name and not the other??

Care bear, I had a boy name I loved, but my husband hated it. We tried on multiple occasions to come up with a boy name and COULD NOT agree on one no matter how hard we tried. We easily agreed on our girl name. ;)

I'm thinking a girl name will be easier for my OH and I to come up with and agree on. Because the four of us right now have 7 letters in our names and they all end with the letter 'N' I am wanting to continue that similarity with the baby. Plus I really want the middle name, if a boy, to be Joseph after my late father. He wanted the name Gionni for a boy after his (very much alive) grandfather, John... but I feel like my dead father trumps his living grandfather :shrug: So far after small discussions about names we have only sort of agreed on liking Cameron Joseph for a boy and haven't really spoken more about it.

Ok so I'm only 5 weeks but I just had to try out the salt test. I did use FMU. I'm not sure what to take it as. No fizzing, no bubbles. It looked a tad cloudy the side view but from up top clear. I noticed tons of swirly lines on the bottom. Any idea if I should take that as girl or boy?

Here were my test results:

Baking soda test: :blue:
Salt test: :blue:
Ramzi Theory: :blue:
Ring test: :blue:
Headaches: :blue:
Morning sickness: :pink:
Beauty: :pink:
Weight: :blue:
Cold hands/feet: :blue:
Sleep position: :pink:
Cravings: :blue:
Baby's HB: :pink:
Chinese calendar: :pink:
Mayan calendar: :pink:
Spouse weight gain: :blue:
Key test: :blue:
Breast change: :pink:
Breast size difference: :blue:
Hair growth rate: :blue:
Urine color: :blue:
Moodiness: :blue:
Balance test: :pink:
Eye vein test: :blue:

Totals:
:blue: = 15
:pink: = 8

Aaaand....

IT'S A GIRL!

:haha:

So I have another theory I wanted an opinion on. So I have several boy names that I love but I'm struggling to love any girl names on my list. A friend of mine said that's gotta mean it's a boy cuz she was opposite. She loved her girls name and couldn't decide on a boys. Turned out to be a girl. I've had another friend recently just say the same.
Anyone feel the same? Love your one gender name and not the other??

I had TONS of boy names I loved! Couldn't bear to even look at my girl names. But then found out it was a girl, so had to get over it! I love the name we picked, though. :haha:

Congrats babydreams!!! So I did a little very scientific analysis to find the most accurate wives tale thus far... And you will never believe what it is..

Hair growth!! It's been right for almost everyone! :rofl: killing me. If it's true for me then I'm having a girl!!

That's funny to hear! When I was pregnant with my son my hair grew soooooo slowly. I think I shaved my legs like 3 times in 9 months!:happydance:

Baking soda test: fizz :blue:

Salt test: stayed the same :pink:

Ramzi theory: looks like middle or right on abdominal ultrasound :pink:

Ring test: don't have a ring...

Headaches: more headaches :blue:

Morning sickness: none! :blue:

Beauty: less :pink:

Where's the bump?: none yet

Where's the weight?: none yet

Cold hand & feet: they've always been cold so hard to say

Sleep position: left :blue:

Pillow position: west :)

What do you crave?: salty which is new for me!! :blue:

How fast is baby’s heart beating?: 164 at 7week6day ultrasound :pink:

Chinese calendar: :blue:

Mayan Calendar: :blue:

Did your spouse gain weight? not sure but it's kind of early still

The Key Test: :blue:

Did your chest change?: very early still but not dramatically...

Along with the size of your chest, how are your breasts?: Right is bigger for sure :blue:

How is your hair growing?: same rate :blue:

What color is your pee?: :blue:

Are you moody? no more than usual :) :blue:

How is your balance?: haven't noticed a change :pink:

What does the vein in your left eye look like?: :pink:

12 :blue: / 8 :pink:
I have a Harmony test on May 13th so I'll update after :)

Woohoo another for Team Blue :blue:
Congrats carebear!!!

With my last baby <3 A baby girl!! Here are my results...

Headaches: Yes :thumbup: :blue:

Morning sickness: Rarely :blue:

Beauty: Felt awful! :haha: :pink:

Where's the bump?: High :pink:

Where's the weight?: all out front :blue:

Cold hand & feet: Cold :blue:

Sleep position: left :blue:

What do you crave?: proteins :blue:

How fast is baby&#8217;s heart beating?: 170-180 :pink:

Chinese calendar: Boy :blue:

Did your spouse gain weight? No :pink:

Did your chest change? No (they never do!) :blue:

Along with the size of your chest, how are your breasts? Right has always been larger :blue:

What color is your pee?: Is it bright yellow or dull? Clear ;) :pink:

Are you moody? Emotional... check! :pink:

How is your balance?: Clumsier than normal... mhmm :blue:

TOTAL: #10 :blue: and #6 :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh