The unbelievable urge!

Autumn leaves

Reaction score
Please someone confirm it's not just me who so desperately wants to be on the trying side! Who's bored of the waiting and wants it so badly!

My crazy need/want comes in day to day waves.. I try to divert to focusing on what we want to achieve before trying but still I think about it more and more and more!

What does anyone else do to curb this !?

....Ahhh more waiting to come! :)

I've found since I joined here it kind of made it worst lol I want it more, I think about it more... I cry a little more...

ohhhhh, you are for sure not alone! lol. I definitely want to be on the trying side as well. I'm sure on the wtt threads, you'll be in good company. I also find myself needing to divert my focus in order to not go insane. What has been helpful for me is to do things that help me feel like I am working towards the day i can start ttc. I have some fitness and health goals to meet before ttc, so i work on those every day, i research and read books about birth and pregnancy and parenting (this will be our first) so i feel educated about the future choices we'll be making.. Sometimes i need to take a step back from all of the blogs and websites and books that cause me to feel intense longing and discontentment and re center myself by reorienting myself to the present and my present responsibilities, like work and school and my relationship with the DH. I re center by keeping a prayer journal and doing yoga and periodically fasting from baby related sites! lol. those times of recentering are very necessary and therapeutic for me :thumbup:

Yes your so right! I think I need to find something to divert my attention on more like you described :)

I try to give myself little goals and things to look forward to. Things related to baby and preparing for that can be good, as well as things that do NOT have to do with baby, but are fun! Maybe a small trip with your husband, a get together with a friend, a day trip to a museum or a city, a birthday or other holiday. It looks like you have about 6 months left until you TTC. Perhaps think of something to look forward to at the end of each month. For December it's easy, think of Christmas :) That is your reward for one month down. Then give yourself something to look forward to for 2 months down, 3 months down etc.

Me! It's hard waiting, honestly. I like the suggestion that when you feel that desire, work on something that actively gets you closer to TTC. Like going for a jog or looking up the best midwife/OB in your area. Maybe start a baby name list. :)

It's harder than I ever imagined!! I've always wanted children but now we are married and have all we need the urge is even stronger!!

When DS we tried/ntnp for 8 years so it was so consuming. But now as we are waiting and not actively trying it is so hard. I really like the idea of a little reward at the end of each month. I will have to start brain storming some ideas.

Fab ideas everyone thank you :)!! I'll start doing the month by month goal... December is definitely Christmas !!

Any one have any ideas for January? I really hate that month so I really need a big pick me up.

You are most definitely not alone. I want to be TTC so badly right now! It's completely consuming me and it sucks that DH just isn't ready - and won't hear of it! It's almost a physical pain in my chest sometimes! I've been wanting a baby for over two years now and I did find that keeping myself busy has helped keep the crazy baby fever at bay for the most part. I write a lifestyle blog and am currently trying to write my first novel which is pretty time consuming and helps to keep my mind of babies. Until I stop that is!

Any one have any ideas for January? I really hate that month so I really need a big pick me up.

I know it's slightly cliche but I was thinking healthier eating plus more exercise. Even if I just do so for those four weeks :). Apart from that Jan is hard. It's dark and dull!!

Have redecorating to do? Loosing weight? Try a new class at the gym? Run a little further? Train a pet to do a new trick perfectly?

Some days I want a baby and some others I know I'm not ready yet. These past few days haven't been too bad.

when there aren't really any "built in" rewards during a month like Christmas etc then have some other kind of reward that you enjoy doing but do not get to do very often, and make it different each month. So maybe at the end of January you want to get your nails done, or see a movie at the theater, or go on a small shopping spree for yourself like buy a new shirt, or plan a day to get lunch with a friend that you don't see very often, or look up tourist attractions or museum exhibits near you and have a day trip with your husband. ANYTHING that you enjoy doing but isn't a usual occurrence :)

These are all really good ideas. I need some new things to look forward to and doing something fun at the end of every month is a cool idea. And yeah months that don't have any built-in fun things need a little boost. I need to sit down and plan ahead for something fun

I've been wanting to TTC for YEARS, it feels like my heart is breaking sometimes I want it so bad!

Thanks ladies. I have been wanting to lose weight and clean up my diet before ttc. I might use that along with some shopping to motivated me. :D

I can relate :haha: Anytime I'm off and have spare time i'm on this. I visit the trying section/pregnancy section/baby section to see what is ahead.
I wish I had decent advice but honestly nothing works for me!
Me and my OH are getting married in 2016, have a holiday to portugal next year, i'm in college and only working part time so I really shouldn't try but still find this urge!
I have things to look forward too but nothing for me trumps having a baby! We also just got our house so busy decorating but still, looking in spare rooms and thinking how will I decorate the baby room. I don't want to try until i know we will get maternity pay to help out in the first few months :shrug:
Can give :hugs: but if you find a way to control the urge let me know lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->