The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

The Terminex dude said tenting is the only way to go because that is the only way to treat every piece of wood in the house. We discussed the other options but he said it would pretty much be worthless. The little MFers are very prevalent in FL. We have both drywood and subterranean. They are in a new bed! We've had it less than 2 years! We have already had the ground treated. But the tenting is done here in FL all the time. It is a huge tent that covers the entire structure then they pump in some type of gas. I asked if we needed to clean the floors and bedding afterward and the dude insisted that we didn't but I'm not so convinced. If it can contaminate the food then how doesn't it contaminate other surfaces? So bugger all!!!!!!

Oh and Purp, C has flown once before when she was only 4 months old. We went to Peru to visit hubby's family. She did great. I think this time will be more challenging because she will want to explore. :nope:

ugh what a pain in the ass.... sorry girl, yeah we had none when we bought the house (according to inspector) and then BLAM not even a year later and I saw the suckers on my walls!

Oh wow, I didn't realize they could into furniture etc as well :nope: I agree though if it can contaminate food then it must stay on every other surface, but surely they would tell you if it wasn't safe for C's things?

I know Crystal. It seems like they would get the pants sued off of them if it was a problem and they didn't disclose it. :shrug:

Alot of my friends in Southern Ca had to tent their house for termites too! Don't know about leaving things out though? I would have your Mom and Dad help you get all of C stuff out just in case. I would put
anything you use to eat with in the cabinets too! That is just me though!

Ugh sounds like a pain in the ass, V! I would be paranoid too, I have to say... I think I'd be inclined to remove all C's stuff, toys, clothes, bedding etc... maybe my own clothes as well. And yeah, I think I'd be wiping/washing down any 'crawling' / 'chewing on' surfaces as well. May or may not be necessary, but you'll feel better about it knowing that you did it...

hmmm, I wonder where termites lay eggs etc? maybe they want everything there to make sure they get all the termites plus eggs and all that yucky stuff? I can't believe their even in your furniture. That's amazing

I say it's better to be safe than sorry...

I think if you leave anything of C's that's made of wood and take the rest you should be good

viking - aww bless her! she started her travels early! how do babies travel in the plane? do you hold them? do they have their own seat? - I cant recall ever seeing a small baby on any plane I was on (just curious)

You carry them in your lap and pray the person next you likes babies!

We've done a fair few flights with Jed in his first year (nearly 20 in fact!) and he was amazing on all of them, I don't think he cried at all :thumbup: he was so good. I found that generally people are so nice and helpful and go out of their way to make the little ones smile or help you out with stuff... there was this one time though - we were in our seats early and a couple came and sat down in the row behind us, they immediately started huffing and bitching about being seated behind a baby, when they'd (apparently) specifically asked not to be. And this was NOT in particularly hushed voices - we heard the lot. They also then called the flight attendant and asked to be moved - for that reason - so freakin' rude!!

thanks ladies. my dh has a flying phobia so Im not expecting to be going anywhere by plane anytime soon, but I was curious how little ones travelled!

Googly - thats sooo rude! some people are just not nice!

There are tons of people out there like that! On the othe hand though, no one wants to sit on a long flight hearing a baby scream! A lot of parents or Grandparents are more sympathetic towards it though!

Googly, that is just mean, how did you not turn around and tell them to Feck Off :( No one wants to hear a baby scream an entire flight but most people expect some babies to cry during takeoff and off and on during the flight at least I do. I've seen people get huffy because a parent was walking up and down the aisles with a toddler as well. Can you imagine a 2 year old sitting in a seat for 16 hours without needing to walk around?

We sat across the aisle from a woman with a small baby and he screamed during takeoff and she apologized to DH for her baby, he told her no apology needed he wasn't bothered at all. Could not believe she felt she had to apologize for her baby..poor woman.

I was on a flight once and there was a baby who cried throughout the take off. The flight attendant came over and said to the mummy "it's alright, it's only the pain" :dohh::dohh::wacko:

trick is to feed them during take off and landing, the sucking helps with air pressure in the ears

DH has been away all week, back last night, so nice reunion :sex: last night. This morning, big smilie face on Digi OPK... :blush::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->