The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Why I can't see ginger? :shrug:

Were you in WF?

I can see a gingy tint there and I have my new glasses on :haha::haha:

I'm glad you and N had a lovely day together, he's the sweetest little guy, how could you not have a good day :)

Thanks Liz that would be amazing :thumbup:I'm totally gutted to be honest . Angry and helpless as its too late but hey what can I do except mourn my babies and be thankful for my kids I have . Have a follow up apt with docs and guess I have a lot of questions for her . You ladies are the only ones I've told as I'm still digesting it :shrug:as always I'm accepting and moving on ........:hugs:

Awww H is so cute!! Oul bag making him stuck in the car :growlmad:

T - I'm glad you at least have answers now. Is there any treatment you can get now to try and prevent the losses at lease?

Indi - C loves anything with wheels. Santa bought him a few things from the Vtech Toot Toot Drivers range. My brother and SIL had already bought him the garage for his birthday. The car loader is a particular hit. My sister bought him a Vtech Alphabet Bus which he also loves. Anything with wheels and buttons he can press!!

Nursery rang me yesterday to say he had stuck his hand in his lunch before they could stop him and burnt his finger. They said they thought they had stirred it properly and there were no hot spots, but there must have been one. I wasn't too worried when they rang, I thought it was just a wee mark.

When I picked him up last night I was shocked, his middle finger is blistered really badly, like the blister is the same width as his finger. His index finger is also red and has a tiny blister on it. They told me he was (understandably) upset when it happened and wouldn't go down for his usual nap after lunch. This morning he just didn't want to wake up, I'm sure he was exhausted.

The blister doesn't seem to be bothering him (I was a bit worried putting him in the bath last night in case the warm water hurt it) but am I wrong in thinking this just shouldn't have happened??? All I can think of is, what would have happened if he hadn't put his hand in it and they'd just put it in his mouth??

Anyway, to cheer me up, here's my current favourite photo of him...

Attachments

• 1459085_10151811700753244_786573305_n.jpg
    1459085_10151811700753244_786573305_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
Anne I'm so cross and angry that he burnt his finger :growlmad:wtf ??? How warm must it have been for a blister ???im afraid I would be having words with them . Poor baby :( what was his lunch ? Hugs for you too sweetheart ❤:hugs:

T - that's what I thought, surely they shouldn't even have food that warm in the room with the LOs?? It was chicken curry, by the way

I'm wondering if they are being completely honest with you . . As long as he's ok is all that matters now unless your considering taking it further which I'm afraid I would or maybe just letting them know that your very concerned about it :hugs::hugs:

C that does sound way too hot. I would have a word with the nursery and say 1. Do they have a first aid book where they register this kind of thing and make sure it was registered and 2. What controls are in place to stop this from happening as it was worse than you thought when they phoned :nope:

Oh and cute pic :happydance:

Anne- Fantastic pic!:happydance:

I must say your daycares have much better food than the ones we have here...chicken curry would never find its way onto one of our menus.

H grabbed a lightbulb a few weeks ago and blistered his finger, so that food must have been pretty hot. I am guessing it was just served much too soon.:nope:

Or, it was reheated in a microwave and it had a hot spot.

They should be upfront with you.:growlmad::hugs:

Is it wrong I am slightly upset that Henry doesn't have ginger hair? :growlmad::haha:

Actually, he has quite a few ginger highlights. They become more and more evident with each haircut.:wacko::winkwink:

:happydance::happydance:

Brooke....I hope you keyed the bitch's car....:ninja:

No, but I might have mentioned something about wanting to punch her in the face.:blush:

:haha:

Off shortly for an overnight spa stay with my BFF. Not really used to doing these things myself so hope I have everything I need :wacko: Have a pregnancy massage booked and no idea what that entails :shrug::haha:

BF, if you're used to normal massages I found pregnancy massages a little disappointing. As you can't lie on your tummy you are sitting up and they don't get as much pressure so I thought it didn't work as well. But I'm sure the spa will be fab.

Dmom - the food is made fresh on site so it shouldn't be microwaved. I assume they must just have served it too soon.

It's amazing the stuff they feed them. They have a four week cycle so meals are only repeated every four weeks. He must be so bored with the food he gets at home!

Oh, and BF, yes they do have first aid books and it was recorded and I had to sign. Also I had to sign to say they were ok to give him calpol when it happened. Their paperwork is worse than mine!!

T- I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.:cry::hugs:

A explanation is good, but I wish you could have gotten it sooner.

Please take care of yourself and make P get off his lazy ass!:haha:

Are you on new medication?

Thanks B I'm taking nifedipine for the raynauds . Also awaiting a heart scan as they've discovered I've acquired a mumour . Taking forever for apt . Also got a referral to see a rheumatologist . Guess its all go now but simply it's too late for me :growlmad:but still it needs to get sorted .sorry I'm still trying to absorb it all . :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->