The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Has anyone else heard about that old wives tale that says: if you take a babies hieght at 2 and double it then you know how tall they will be at 22?

Niko's checkup made me think of that

Bless little n . Hate those bloody jabs I always said to the nurse if my baby cries then you will too :growlmad::hugs:

I have a secret weapon for shots! I send my hubby:haha::haha:

I can't handle it! Hubby is a good soother and he gets to spend quality time with them!

Well that is a tricky one Indi and everyone has different opinions. I'm afraid you will probably not like mine :haha:

If DH has a good job that occasionally means that he needs to be away for a few days to get wined and dined and his brain picked then that is the price that has to be paid for having a good job where he is obviously well respected. I think that sexual equality still hasn't got to the stage where men can get out of these things because of childcare type issues (although obviously illness would be different), especially when their OH is at home looking after little one.

Can you get someone else to come over and help you for a few days? MIL or other family.

But then what do I know? :haha: I'm just an opinionated almost parent who will probably change her mind about everything once baby is here :dohh:

Has anyone else heard about that old wives tale that says: if you take a babies hieght at 2 and double it then you know how tall they will be at 22?

Niko's checkup made me think of that

This was true for my brother's height but not mine:( I was 3 feet at 2 years old and ended up being a whole 5'3. I do think its likely more accurate for boys because girls height has a lot of factors like when menstruation begins etc :thumbup:

Dmom, I asked about the diuretics and it was a no go :( I have chronic kidney stones which is why they've never been prescribed. I've been checking blood pressure three times a day and have got a pattern of a higher blood pressure in the morning and then its actually pretty good the rest of the day. :thumbup:

You know what?

Sometimes I just need a bit of a rant & instead...I sometimes feel like I'm being judged & criticized.

Today's post was a bit of a rant & mostly me just kidding around.

& I have to admit, Milty's comment rubbed me the wrong way in post 585.

Maybe a bit of distance is in order for a while....

I don't think anyone was out to hurt your feelings but to give you advice and maybe it is not what you want to hear but you gotta realize that everyone has a different perspective on certain situations! Maybe sometimes people's delivery especially when we are hormonal or sensitive about the subject. We can take the advice as an attack or insult instead of advice!:hugs::hugs: I am not saying you are hormonal either!:flower: I was going to give advice but my husband travels all the time and earlier in his career, I traveled one place with him on a business trip with just K and to tell the truth it sucked because Hubby was gone all day and I had to do things by myself with a baby! It messed up her schedule and she was hard to get her to sleep in the hotel! Hubby and I were up all night consoling her and it was hard on him because he had to work. I would take the handbag and wallet instead!

Indi I don't know what happened but I just want to encourage you. You are a great mom. Nobody can know how to better care for N than you as you are his mom. Be confident in that.

Indi I'm sorry too if I offended you but like garnet says we all have different opinions and if you ask for them that's what you are going to get :flower: this takes nothing away from the fact that I am in awe of you as the best mother ever to N, I hope I can even come half way close with my little guy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->