The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Okay Indigo befriended me and I don't know what the heck to do in this forum?:shrug: So do I push a button.:dohh::friends:

Dmom, thank you for that!! I've had myself so anxious that my BP was sitting to high on the meds. I had high BP in both pregnancies with JD&B but it always came back down. The pregnancy that went to 13 weeks is how I ended up with the long lasting high BP. The Reproductive Immunologist has me taking my blood pressure morning, noon and evening and I'm pretty sure the higher readings are likely what I get normally anyway. I'm just now noticing it taking my blood pressure.

Nothing brings mine down either, I've tried everything and it stays the same. Mine is from the MTHFR gene mutation, the meds I take are really old school but work well for stubborn blood pressure. I hope everything stays stable for you :)

I also took Vit B to lengthen my LP, Indi. I think it only got me an extra day though. My LP is super short now after C. I am assuming it's due to BFing? But it's only 7-8 days. Before it was 9-10. After VitB 10-11. Once in a while 12 but that's probably because we are guessing at when O really is.
I was chatting with a friend about TTC and explaining temping to her this afternoon. It's amazing how much I have forgotten especially since I was so obsessed with all of the details before :haha: I have the basic premise down still but I had to think about which hormones were fluxing when and what an OPK does. She was quite interested. I need to send her more info so I can get her just as neurotic as I was. :rofl: She is getting married in March and wants to start TTC right away. I told her to start temping now to make sure she is ovulating.
Stupid BP, Dmom :hugs: and Crystal!
BF, I think that you might be feeling hiccups. C got them all the time and still gets them quite often. She used to have them about 6 times a day. But it's finally decreasing in frequency. The only remedy is getting her to drink something. Pregnancy is totally weird. CM, I didn't need a liner for it. I remember it being super pasty, but not having copious amounts of it. However, I think it's fairly normal to have that problem. I needed the PL after birth because I bled forever. Huge honking pads at the beginning and then PLs for 8 weeks then I got that damn Mirena and went back to massive pads again because it made me bleed tons. 4 more weeks of that and I pulled that damn thing out by myself.

Crystal I think that is exactly what I will do. Once AF starts no more estrogen for me .

Indi: I've been on an add back therapy since the Lupron. It helps me not to have to much bone loss and minimizes the major side effects of a longer term use of Lupron. It's a very small amount. I'm also on Progestrone for 10 days each month.

Dmom: I'm absolutely wanting to adopt. However last Jan I had 2 CP's at the beginning & end of the month. This was the same time my medical was up for review. We were put on a 6 month hold then a review. We didn't pass review due to my surgery. Therefore, we are in the last month of another 6 month medical review. The only good news is we have been assigned a new social worker in this time period and I really like her. So I'm hoping for progress this year.

Thanks Ladies :hugs: I guess like you say indi it's all new so all sorts of weird things happen :wacko: I'm enjoying most of it but some just feels downright weird and uncomfortable. Added to that I've felt sick for the last few days again :dohh:

DMom and crystal what a pain about the BP issues, hope you can both keep them under control :thumbup:

Milty good news that you have a nice SW and might be able to move forward this year :happydance:

Oh and Viking, all that bleeding sounds like a PITA :growlmad:

Brooke !!!!!!!! Just heard your news :happydance::happydance::happydance:how do you feel ? :hugs:Happy new year everyone ❤

Brooke !!!!!!!! Just heard your news :happydance::happydance::happydance:how do you feel ? :hugs:Happy new year everyone ❤

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

And a Happy New Year to you my dear!:kiss:

I wish I could tell you I'm excited; part of me is, don't get me wrong. Have you ever felt doomed from the start? That's how I feel right now and I cannot pinpoint why.:cry:

Crystal- Have you felt any side effects from the methyldopa? I've head fatigue and dizziness can be issues.

All I know is the labetalol is not working as well as it used to, so I need to consider a different med. There just aren't many choices.

Have you ever taken diuretics? The best maintenance I've had with this stupid BP so far, came when I added 25mg of hydrochlorothiozide to the mix. It's an old one, but works.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

And a Happy New Year to you my dear!:kiss:

I wish I could tell you I'm excited; part of me is, don't get me wrong. Have you ever felt doomed from the start? That's how I feel right now and I cannot pinpoint why.:cry:

Hopefully just nerves sweetie :hugs:How is Henry doing ? What age is he now ? Love and hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dmom, when I started methyldopa it knocked me out literally, it also made me really dizzy but after a week it got better :thumbup: I think I started out on 3 per day and ended up having to add in the one before bed to keep my blood pressure down. I like that they are a completely safe option for pregnancy, when the OB was deciding what to try he said Methyldopa is not their first choice but because I had high BP with the other two pregnancies it works well in these cases. When I had the D&C I was told to just stay on it because it was working. I tried to ween off about 6 months after the D&C and it went straight back up so I've been on them ever since. They're very cheap as well I think I pay $10 for a months supply.

I haven't tried diuretics but I am thinking about going and asking about it, I do tend to carry fluid and prednisolone makes me retain it as well so that might be a good option to help things as well. I have to go back so the doctor can explain the risks and benefits of using Imigran in pregnancy. I think I'm going to pass on it in pregnancy but will ask about the diuretic :thumbup:

Hi everyone :)

T- I'm hoping it's just nerves.:thumbup::hugs:

Crystal- I have found my early morning and evening readings will be the highest; late morning is the best for me.

I try not to get too flustered over one reading and to remember the average is what counts, but it's so damned hard, lol.:wacko:

B I expect it is all a bit of a shock still at the moment too as it wasn't quite expected as such :wacko::haha:

I think we need a new pic of Henry...

I keep having weird dreams about this baby - in the last one I dreamt that after the birth there was no baby as someone had taken it away and I was trying to find it so that I could update fb and here with a pic :dohh:

M- The pregnancy dreams can be some of the worse bc they seem so vivid.:nope: Really hoping I can escape those this time

https://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/ber2154/Snapbucket/432084A6_zps89f21f1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->