The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Thanks ladies. She's a pretty happy munchkin, i'd say. Finally smiling big, real ones :cloud9:. Makes my day to finally see this after all..these...YEARS...of TTC/RMC :wacko:

Lils if you don't mind me asking, is there anything in particular you took in regards to your MTHFR to help things? I know I'll be on the prescribed Folic Acid, 60 mgs Clexane, and progesterone. Are there any specific vitamins that I should be taking? My RI doc put me on a prenatal/multi vitamin my choice, 2 Caltrate per day because of calcium loss and steroids, fish oil and told me not to take folic acid that's bought off the shelf he would be writing a script for it..anything else?

Ah! So you're just a MTHFR like me? :winkwink::haha:

Wondering if s/he's going to give you something similar to Metanx? This is what's in Metanx:

Metanx contains the following active ingredients (per tablet):
L-methylfolate (Metafolin): 3 mg
Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate: 35 mg
Methylcobalamin: 2 mg

So its got L-MTHF which is the more absorbable kind of folic acid/folate (I also bought my own L-5-MTHF off Amazon & took an extra 2mg/day but if you're going DE route 3mg L-MTHF should be enough :thumbup:). And the other 2 are more absorbable kinds of B-12 & B-6 as we can't methylate those properly either (MTHFR!). So yeah, check on that prescription to make sure its the good stuff. :thumbup:

But yeah I was on Lovenox which is like Clexane - check!, Omega 3's/fish oil - check!, good prenatal - check!, calcium always good - check! & of course progesterone - check! Those are all the bigguns, so you should be good to go as long as that script is for the absorbable folate & not for just higher amounts of folic acid. :thumbup:

How much steroids you going to take? Those that I knew of w/high NK Cells were typically on 25-40mg (many in the RMC/PARL thread).

Can't wait to follow your trek to Czech - will be pulling for you as Ik you've been thru the ringer, chic. :hugs:

Thanks, I will make sure its the absorbable folate, he said something about not buying it off the shelf at the Chemist because I won't absorb it properly.

eeewwww the steroids, I just really hate going on them :( I will be on Dexamethasone 3X per day and then that gets switched to the lovely prednisolone if I get a BFP and I believe he said he was starting at 35 mgs and taper from there when appropriate. There's also Intrapilids 1-2 weeks before transfer and then another 4 days after transfer. I guess bloods after that to see how everything is looking.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea I was a MTHFR :) I did have problem pregnancies with my two kids but had no idea that was why :thumbup: I'm going to stay positive and with treatment this time things will be easier!!

Can someone explain what a MTHFR is??? There's only one thing I can work those letters into, and I'm really hoping it's something else! :haha::haha:

About absorbing folate..... My fertility massage lady insists she would have me drink one dark beer three times a week after a BFP because it helps absorb the folic acid.... I'm like "but it's alcohol!" She swears by it....will have to research this

Can someone explain what a MTHFR is??? There's only one thing I can work those letters into, and I'm really hoping it's something else! :haha::haha:

Well, we call it exactly what you are thinking (& so do the nurses & Dr's I've run across :haha:). But the real name is...wait (had to look this up): “methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (NAD(P)H).” :saywhat: yeah, so MTHFR it is :wacko: It's a gene mutation that especially when you have 2 copies of it, makes you not be able to absorb folate, B6, B12 & causes clotting. So, very commonly seen in RMC'rs (bad eggs, neural tube defects, spina bifida risks & many others). Some can have babies early on & then have issues at advanced maternal age but some have issues at the outset.

At any rate, it also elevates risk for heart attack, stroke, PE, depression, anxiety, autism & a bunch of other stuff (so if you get past the baby thing you just face premature death the rest of your life :dohh::wacko:). I just have to take absorbable folate, B6, B12 & baby aspirin the rest of my life. Funny as it creates such risks but the fix is just some simple supplements & baby aspirin. :shrug:

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

About absorbing folate..... My fertility massage lady insists she would have me drink one dark beer three times a week after a BFP because it helps absorb the folic acid.... I'm like "but it's alcohol!" She swears by it....will have to research this

Well, darn I'm going to have to grab me some :beer: then. :haha: I mean its good for milk production too so...?

I haven't heard of that but report back when you google as I'd love to know if true! :thumbup:

Well, darn I'm going to have to grab me some :beer: then. :haha: I mean its good for milk production too so...?

I haven't heard of that but report back when you google as I'd love to know if true! :thumbup:

here you go

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11464234

HAHA Liz it does work but says nothing if its ok for pregnant ladies, :haha::haha: Oh my I'm not sure I'd drink the beer 3 times a week :thumbup: ewww how gross would it be with morning sickness? Blahh

yeah I'm not going to either LOL I already told her. Even without being pregnant I don't like it :rofl:

Hiya! Sorry first time I have logged into B&B for 2 or 3 weeks - and I see we've moved!

How is everyone anyway?! :wave:

And the main reason I came on to heck - BF, how are you and your (not-so-little-now) bean?? Was just randomly wondering how you were!

Glad to hear the kids - Niko, Carolyn, Conor, Lana, Maia etc - are all good. Don't they grow up fast man? Jed is 13m, well nearly, and he's suddenly a little boy now, not a baby! It's crazy how it happens. He understands a lot, i'm constantly amazed by it, and can do a few words here and there... he's good at daycare now - loves it in fact. I think we might be nearly done with BFing - I was happy to let it carry on as long as he wanted it, but it's been reducing since he's been at daycare, then tonight I offered him boob or bottle, and for the first time ever he chose bottle! :( booo! I'm kinda sad! But maybe it's time.

Other than that, he has 4 x molars coming through at once - yikes! - but surprisingly hasn't been too difficult, just the odd grumpy day/bad night. He's a star...

Thinking about #2 now........ maybe.... ;)

So that's me/us.

How's Dmom and Henry, anyone know?

Some pics!

Jed doing his favourite Gandalf impression ('You Shall Not Pass!') - he seriously loves that thing, he walks around with it all the time!

https://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/jorrox/P1090826_zpsaed18461.jpg

Jed on his new birthday truck:

https://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/jorrox/P1100193_zpsfd9776d8.jpg

Jed and mama:

https://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/jorrox/P1100145_zps14f7626f.jpg

Jed and Daddy (I love this photo!)

https://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/jorrox/P1100210_zps650e2711.jpg

Googs, he is SUCH a boy now!! And he has soooo much more hair than C, not that that's difficult...

No. 2 is occurring to me too. DH is away next week and will be coming back just around O time... :blush::blush:

googly - Jed is a goreous little boy! (and your location is beautiful!)

I have to say ladies, the babies/toddlers on this thread are a very good looking bunch!! :winkwink:

we are hoping for a miracle 2nd purplette...but I still dont have AF back (still BFing) and I know it happens sometimes that people get pregnant before AF comes back....but after doing all the LUTW, Clearblue monitor bathroom science, supplements etc, I just dont think we can be that lucky. Plus Lana is such a milk monster, she would rather have milk instead of food any day :shrug:
Im taking the folic acid just in case though - the only thing that scares me a tiny bit is i case no 2 would be bigger than Lana (11 lbs 3) cos I keep hearing all the time that that is often the case.

Hi Googly lovely to see you and I love the pics of Jed :cloud9: You are right he is such a gorgeous little boy now and no longer a baby. I think I need to treasure the baby time while it lasts. Maybe I'd quite like a boy now :haha:

Am doing well thanks although had a bit of a bleeding scare but baby looks fine. Will find out the sex on 22nd :happydance:

Yes, let's have some number twos ladies ( hmm that sounds wrong :haha:) purps stop BFing lol!

:haha: yep - I was going to write something about hoping for a number 2...but it just didnt sound right! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->