The wait has ended TTC#1

AshNAmber

Loving our Baby Boy
Reaction score
Well after a long long break we are back at it again! I hope to make some new friends along the way in this crazy journey:hugs: . My wife and I have decided its baby or bust :wacko:.. This time more prepared than the last :thumbup: .. Were meeting with our donor on sunday to go over paper work and times etc. :happydance: So excited!! This time I am doing 200mg of tussin 3x per day starting CD5 and then 400mg Tussin up until O. I also will start taking Evening Prime Rose on CD1 (which will hopefully be tomorrow). I started temping this morning but will stop as soon as the :witch: shows and will continue once she is gone.. Last but not least started taking prenatal vitamins as well.. So all you lovely ladies come sprinkle some dust my way :happydance:

Only if you sprinkle some my way! Exciting to read your news and you sound like you are preparing yourself well! I have been taking the pre-preg vitamins for a couple of months now and we have just started TTC baby number two! Got my fingers crossed for both of us. Good luck with your meeting with the donor :thumbup:

Good luck ladies! Let's shower ourselves with baby dust haha..
My first cycle TTC/NTNP but it's all a waiting game for the O day now:coffee:
I'm not taking pre-natals yet but I've been taking a women's multi-vit with 400mcg of folic acid all my adult life so hopefully I'm covered. I take fish oil and iron supplements too. Thinking of putting my DH on maca root since I've been reading good things about it. I'm encouraging him to take his daily multi-vit regularly too

Only if you sprinkle some my way! Exciting to read your news and you sound like you are preparing yourself well! I have been taking the pre-preg vitamins for a couple of months now and we have just started TTC baby number two! Got my fingers crossed for both of us. Good luck with your meeting with the donor :thumbup:

Good luck ladies! Let's shower ourselves with baby dust haha..
My first cycle TTC/NTNP but it's all a waiting game for the O day now:coffee:
I'm not taking pre-natals yet but I've been taking a women's multi-vit with 400mcg of folic acid all my adult life so hopefully I'm covered. I take fish oil and iron supplements too. Thinking of putting my DH on maca root since I've been reading good things about it. I'm encouraging him to take his daily multi-vit regularly too

Hey ladies!! Thank you!. Sounds like we are all ready to get this show started! :happydance: I'm sending loads of baby :dust: your way!!

the :witch: is being a pain... ugh I keep spotting but not fully starting yet to say I'm CD1 :growlmad:.

when will yall be testing?!? If everything works out right for me ill actually test on christmas morning :xmas6::xmas8:!!

The :witch: will be due on the 7/8th December so if she doesn’t show her face, I’ll be testing probably a week later!

When I was ttc my first, my periods were all over the place and I refused to test because I’d have a few BFN’s. I waited until something like day 40 of my cycle before testing and got the BFP haha! I just felt like my period was coming the whole time!

The :witch: will be due on the 7/8th December so if she doesn’t show her face, I’ll be testing probably a week later!

When I was ttc my first, my periods were all over the place and I refused to test because I’d have a few BFN’s. I waited until something like day 40 of my cycle before testing and got the BFP haha! I just felt like my period was coming the whole time!

OMG Day 40! I think I'd die :haha: We tried 7 times over a year ago and all I ever got was BFN.. So many times I was just sure.. But nope not even a false BFP but im really glad about that.

Wow flutterly, that's pretty good discipline you got there.. DH requested I don't go crazy with POAS and I'm telling myself not to test until I'm late this cycle.. but let's see how that goes :blush:
I'm not sure when I'll ovulate yet! My cycles are crazy, 5-8weeks, tho it's often 6 weeks long. I'm on CD5 now, so if I'm lucky, my O date is around Dec 13th, so I can probably test with Ashnamber on Xmas. If it's a longer cycle, I'll test Dec 31st regardless of when I ovulate, so that I can decidw whether to have some drinks for NYE :wine::wine::wine::haha:

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family and yummy food... The :witch: finally showed her face today.. So I'm finally CD1.. I have a 28-33 day cycle so I still will be testing Christmas day. Because i can't wait lol.. I started my primerose oil last night and will start tussin on CD5 and will start doing OPK's CD9.. Now im getting excited!!

What does tussin do? I tried googling but couldn't figure it out.
Hope you had a great thankgiving, ladies! Hope we get to spend the next one with a chubby baby of our own:hugs:

What does tussin do? I tried googling but couldn't figure it out.
Hope you had a great thankgiving, ladies! Hope we get to spend the next one with a chubby baby of our own:hugs:

Robitussin "tussin" will loosen the mucus to help detect CM.. At least this is what I read an hoping for.. It's my first time doing that :dohh:

That would be amazing to have our own little chubby :baby: next year

My thanksgiving was very nice.. Spent much needed time with my family.. I hope you had a nice one as well

I'm getting nervous about our dinner with the donor tomorrow :shy: I hope everything turns out the way we are hoping.. :witch: should be gone fully and I'll start temping in the morning and getting ready for the big O day.. I hope I can get AI in on th 8,10,11 and maybe 12th with poss O day being the 11th or 12th.. Will start OPK's on CD9 so hope between OPK and temps ill catch that little egg :haha:

How did your dinner go? Hope everything got settled smoothly:flower:
AFM I'm starting to stress a little about timing to catch my O date, even tho I told myself I wouldn't. DH's idea of TTC is more of NTNP which I was fine with, since I figured I'm aware of my ovulation week anyway. The thing is this weekend he was sick.. which got me thinking, what if something like this comes up during my O-week in Dec?? I will have to wait at least 1.5mths for the next round :cry: I know I shouldn't dwell on it since it's out of my control, but it's so hard not to obsess!

I know its so hard not to.. But don't stress and try not to think about what might possibly happen during your O week.. Everything will work out fine :hugs: I'm keeping my FX for you!!

AFM Dinner went AMAZING!!!!:happydance: I think the donor's wife is as excited as we are.. I didn't think that could be possible.. But omg it makes things so much easier knowing they are so willing. She already txt me this morning about it making sure we got everything we need to catch O next week :haha: I started with my tussin this morning that will help with CM :shy: I started temping again this morning too.. So lets hope we both catch our O!! :happydance:

So I woke up to a message from my donor's wife suggesting that we do AI more than 3 times.. I was on top of the world :happydance:

That's amazing that you got such a supportive donor couple! Hope the tussin and EPO helps you catch the egg!!
I've been taking my vits and supplements more regularly than I've ever done in my life haha.. I'm still undecided whether to temp this cycle or not. On one hand, I would love to know how many DPO I am.. but I promised DH we would be relaxed about TTC and ease ourselves into it for the first few cycles because he knows how obsessively I'm browsing through bnb:haha:

I'v been taking mine on the dot as well :haha:. What are you taking? I take a prenatal vit once at night, evening primerose oil 3xs a day and now the tussin 3xs a day I'll stop taking that and the evening primerose the day of O. I have a love hate relationship with temping because I have to be at work so early in the am and sometimes I dont hear the stupid thing beep :haha: I have to temp ummm :blush: because I sleep with my mouth open :dohh:
I wish sometimes I could relax and just go with it but being we have to have a donor I have to schedule everything :wacko:

Now I sit here and wonder whats worse the wait to O or the TWW :haha:

I think wait to O is worse, simply because it's so boring!
I'm taking regular multivits with folic acid every morning, fish oil twice a day, and an iron supplement at night because I don't eat meat. Wondering whether I shd order pre-natal multi-vits.. a lot of my friends said they only took folic acid, not the multi-vit.
Oh have you started taking opks yet??

I think I totally agree. Waiting around to O is boring lol :coffee: But me and my DW have been spending time coming up with names and what we want the nursery to look like :cloud9: and going back and forth if it would be a boy or girl :haha: We are talking like I'm already pregnant and haven't even did an AI yet :haha:.. I did an OPK today but it was a waste :dohh:.. I knew it was to early but I think I just wanted to POAS :haha: I been feeling the little pulls on my left side so I may start doing OPK's tomorrow..

How are things going with you? What are you doing to pass the time?

Well I'm CD11 I got some EWCM today and a -OPK.. I talked to donor today we were going to start AI's on Tuesday and do it everyday until saturday but now since I got EWCM we are going to start tomorrow and go through to friday.. So thats CD12-16. Hope we catch this little egg.. Hope your doing well..

Good luck catching that eggy :spermy: Sounds like exciting things are coming up for you this week:happydance: Hope the AI went smoothly!! How long are your cycles usually?
I had a hectic weekend and unfortunately I think the stress pretty much ensured I'll have a longer cycle.. I shd be having EWCM by tomorrow or the day after if this is a shorter cycle, but it's nowhere to be seen :nope:
On the bright side, I have a long holiday coming up for Xmas, so more chance for BD-ing if my O-date is around then :winkwink: I've been keeping myself occupied by trying to exercise regularly, and crocheting a baby blanket (in unisex colours of course). Are you hoping for a boy or girl? I would love to have a girl :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->